IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

A Bristol derby would be great tbf   Would love to show them how big the difference in class is now.

LJ's never had a Bristol derby and I can imagine him joining in with piss-taking.

I'm warming to this idea...

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Wonder how many they will take to the replay at Home Park. 20k?

Ticket hotline will crash.
Online booking will freeze.
Fake tickets will flood the market.
GWR won't have enough carriages.
Traffic chaos on the M5.
Thousands will be locked out.
Gas Chat will be empty.
Gloucester Road will be safe.

15 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

4413 home fans attending a local derby in the FA Cup.

Why are they boycotting this competition too?

Clearly it’s unfair that the Premier League and.Championship teams don’t have to join until the 3rd round. It undermines the credibility of a once great competition, which errr, ... was better when the lower league clubs and non leagues had the early rounds to themselves and, uh, hang on.............

I’ll come back to you on this ?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

SPOT THE BALL. !

I used to love this game, whatever happened to it? 

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXX 

(PS .. were they playing 'air ball' (ala 'air guitar') today?)

You give me more kisses than the wife puts on my Birthday cards ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

I would think so, because 15,000 of them went to the rugby today and were hoping for a replay.

Think you’ll find the majority of bristol fans are now either city or with no football affiliation. Bristol moving to the gate meant a lot of rovers fans stopped going ‘in protest...’

Edited by JBFC II
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Think you’ll find the majority of bristol fans are no either city or with no football affiliation. Bristol movingly to the gate meant a lot of rovers fans stopped going ‘in protest...’

... and I think you'll find I wasn't being serious in any way (but, out of interest, did this 'protest' stop them going to football too?)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CiderJar said:

... and I think you'll find I wasn't being serious in any way (but, out of interest, did this 'protest' stop them going to football too?)

It was an Ashton gate related protest from what I remember, I saw and heard of quite a few who said they’d never go an watch Bristol again. The fact our attendance have more than quintupled since we left the mem makes me think it didn’t make much difference!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

It was an Ashton gate related protest from what I remember, I saw and heard of quite a few who said they’d never go an watch Bristol again. The fact our attendance have more than quintupled since we left the mem makes me think it didn’t make much difference!

Not only this, a fair few of them changed alliance's and decided they’d support rivals Bath instead :facepalm:

#GasLogic

1 hour ago, 77 punk said:

how many rovers fans stopped going to rugby when it came to ashton gate ? and how many rovers fans hate massive attack and banksy for having bristol city connections ? what a sad and pathetic bunch ! i could not care less what team an artist i love supports

Too be fair, I’m not keen on Geoffrey Archer..! 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Not only this, a fair few of them changed alliance's and decided they’d support rivals Bath instead :facepalm:

#GasLogic

No, that’s common place for them. 
It’s not the first time they’ve stopped supporting a team from Bristol and gone to follow one in Bath instead..! ?

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

For all the stick we give them, for all the enjoyment they give us, I thought their tweet today about Afobe was class. 

Fair play to the gas. 

Certainly not disagreeing with you, however I would go one step further and rather than praising them, I would want to know if any clubs didn't acknowledge the sad news.

• Like 1