IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 hours ago, Galway Red said:

Is there no end to ' the gift'

Not when opposition managers are chiming in for our entertainment.

Had this taken place at any other ground, the rivals of that team would’ve been living off that “shit grandstand” statement for years. However we all know that Circus FC will be along in a few days with a loaded shotgun ready to take aim at their own feet again for our amusement.

The gift....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

I've a feeling they'll be providing us with some more jollity later today...  whatever the result of their replay, something will give us a laugh -it's what they do!  ?

It’s their other massive cup tie tonight, not the FA cup replay. 

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s their other massive cup tie tonight, not the FA cup replay. 

Just realised that.. but it still hasn't taken long to get todays First predictable laugh...

Their matchday thread... 

#1 (*team for tonight?)

#2 (*who cares? Corrie is on)   

http://www.gaschat.co.uk/thread/15386/bristol-rovers-leyton-orient-official 

Edited by WhistleHappy
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, phantom said:

This comment amazes me, we seem to be really involved with all our players when out on loan, how can he not know if he has scored or not?

Talk about showing no interest in a player. . .

image.png

That's disgraceful, I have seen the stuff that BT put's on Twitter etc about our loanees and it's like a novel in comparison. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phantom said:

This comment amazes me, we seem to be really involved with all our players when out on loan, how can he not know if he has scored or not?

Talk about showing no interest in a player. . .

image.png

Does he even actually know where the kids gone on loan too..?!

”it’s a difficult league” erm no Graham, it’s National league South.  
Against the likes of Chippenham Town..!

I think what he means is that it’s difficult for players from Rovers, because their facilities are lagging behind most of the clubs at that level and they aren’t really ready for it..! 

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15386/bristol-rovers-leyton-orient-official

2 league games in our last seven matches. This must be a bit like supporting Liverpool or Man City.

I hope we keep winning in this tournament for the sake of the prize money. Would be nice to give some young lads and normal rotation players some minutes and get a few wins. Looking at the teams that are left and the ones that went through last night there’s no reason we can’t go all the way. Having said that, I hope we win each game in front of a crowd of about 50 people.

1 minute ago, 22A said:

2 league games in our last seven matches. This must be a bit like supporting Liverpool or Man City.

I hope we keep winning in this tournament for the sake of the prize money. Would be nice to give some young lads and normal rotation players some minutes and get a few wins. Looking at the teams that are left and the ones that went through last night there’s no reason we can’t go all the way. Having said that, I hope we win each game in front of a crowd of about 50 people.

Fair view in my opinion, boycott etc etc 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, 22A said:

Dreams can come true..!

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

"Not too mention a few extra quid. If the figures on the other thread are correct about FA Cup revenue then we've made well over £100,000 so far in that competition. Can get a player or two potentially with that kind of money. "

.....or a couple of match day stewards?

Bless them..!

It May go some way to covering the losses on the gate receipts, compared to the costs of staging a match. Seeing as so few of them bother to attend their games. 

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

"Not too mention a few extra quid. If the figures on the other thread are correct about FA Cup revenue then we've made well over £100,000 so far in that competition. Can get a player or two potentially with that kind of money. "

Or a new set of furniture for the London office. The old stuff is six months old now after all and standards must be upheld.

Or a new watch for Wally.

13 hours ago, 22A said:

Prize money? Will hardly pay for the stewards. 

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Prize money? Will hardly pay for the stewards. 

It took me a while to find it but the prize money for getting to and winning the thing seems to be just over £300k. 
They get 20k for taking part and the early rounds they get 10k for a win and 5k for a draw. Round 2 (last night) they got 20k, as you say, it must have cost around half of that to stage the game.

The prize money jumps up from here on though, and you would imagine all those “boycotting” will throw those concerns aside to go to Wembley, which will add to the income. It could keep them in business a bit longer.

It will be interesting to see what their gate is on Saturday, as they could move into the play off places as they are playing Southend.

11 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Or underwrite 10 days of loss.

They really are a strange bunch.