IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Conspiracy theory from bloke in the pub.

Rovers to sell their top scorer in January for 'as much as they can get' in a hope that the money generated keeps them solvent whilst they try and sell the club.

The fear being that if they do keep him and they somehow manage to get promoted, there isn't enough money available to sustain Championship football. For example, the ground needing to be all seater in 3 years.

Without that clock ticking, they reckon the club is more saleable. 

So look out for promotion dodging tactics in Jan!

(Personally, I think this is a load of bollocks, the money generated from being in the Championship would likely cover the increased cost of being there, and if they identify a site for a new stadium and get planning permission, they'll get an extension on the all seater requirements like Brentford did).

Edited by Bristol Rob

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The fear being that if they do keep him and they somehow manage to get promoted, there isn't enough money available to sustain Championship football. For example, the ground needing to be all seater in 3 years.

This won't be an issue.  B&Q are always having sales on white plastic garden chairs...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

The fear being that if they do keep him and they somehow manage to get promoted, there isn't enough money available to sustain Championship football. For example, the ground needing to be all seater in 3 seasons

If I remember the all seater ruling correctly. As rovers have been in the championship . They will only have one season before they have to be all seater.

4 hours ago, Quedgeley Exile said:

If I remember the all seater ruling correctly. As rovers have been in the championship . They will only have one season before they have to be all seater.

Surely there was a 'start' date? They haven't been at this level for donkey's years. Early 90's maybe? I genuinely don't know (or care for that matter) but I'm confident they would get torn a new arsehole regularly if they did manage to scrape their way up.

Wouldn't it be ironic if they did fluke their way up only for us to get promoted the following day? :)

They have no chance of survival at Championship level, not a snowflake in hells chance. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Surely there was a 'start' date? They haven't been at this level for donkey's years. Early 90's maybe? I genuinely don't know (or care for that matter) but I'm confident they would get torn a new arsehole regularly if they did manage to scrape their way up.

Wouldn't it be ironic if they did fluke their way up only for us to get promoted the following day? :)

They have no chance of survival at Championship level, not a snowflake in hells chance. 

I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure - and, as we know - they haven't been in the Championship for a long long long long time.

That the 3 year rule was introduced long after they last left these dizzy heights. So they would have the 3 years to be compliant.

Ordinarily, the clock starts ticking from the moment you step foot in the division, so if you go up and then go down again, you have used 1 years grace. Yo-yo and you could see promotion blocked, but that is unlikely to happen to them 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure - and, as we know - they haven't been in the Championship for a long long long long time.

That the 3 year rule was introduced long after they last left these dizzy heights. So they would have the 3 years to be compliant.

Ordinarily, the clock starts ticking from the moment you step foot in the division, so if you go up and then go down again, you have used 1 years grace. Yo-yo and you could see promotion blocked, but that is unlikely to happen to them 

That's what I thought Rob, they haven't been up here for a long, long time so can't have lost a year yet.

Okay. Early Christmas quiz time. 

A supporter of what club, made this beyond deluded comment about what player..... 

Football is a pretty small world and most will know what happened to xx. He went to the dark side, sat on the bench, was vilified and his life, finances apart, must have been uncomfortable for those two and a half years. Fans look at him and will have their views about him but I bet he will have lost lots of respect which he’s only now recovering.

Edited by Bristol Rob
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

A supporter of what club, made this beyond deluded comment about what player..... 

Football is a pretty small world and most will know what happened to xx. He went to the dark side, sat on the bench, was vilified and his life, finances apart, must have been uncomfortable for those two and a half years. Fans look at him and will have their views about him but I bet he will have lost lots of respect which he’s only now recovering.

So deluded. Some of them lot put so much energy and thought into scenarios that were never there.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Colonel  Stewart in the tent with the guy rope but struggling with the club bit.

8 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

So deluded. Some of them lot put so much energy and thought into scenarios that were never there.

Technically, not a correct answer.

However, their belief that he was signed to sit on the bench, and did nothing for us us hopelessly deluded.

He was a key squad player for us (when fit) and performed strongly when he appeared. Great value at 300k, and his performances more than reflected that.

As Gregor McGregor said the other day, whilst he will likely leave one free at the end of the season, the loan fee received for him would likely more than cover the transfer fee paid originally.

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Technically, not a correct answer.

However, their belief that he was signed to sit on the bench, and did nothing for us us hopelessly deluded.

He was a key squad player for us (when fit) and performed strongly when he appeared. Great value at 300k, and his performances more than reflected that.

As Gregor McGregor said the other day, whilst he will likely leave one free at the end of the season, the loan fee received for him would likely more than cover the transfer fee paid originally.

....and his awesome pass knocked Man Yoo out the cup, that moment was worth over £300k alone - have that gasheads ... yeh, we know you are reading this ... keep looking up!

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

"My only concern so far is the STYLE of football causing our dramatic fall in attendances or just a sign of the times ?" 

It must be a sign of the times, our attendances are dropping every week too ?

I'd say it had more to do with a #**t ground, #*** facilities, a smoke and mirrors owner and a general realisation that being a gas head is a terrible blight on one's own standing in civilisation. 

• Like 2

On 08/12/2019 at 12:41, Busterrimes said:

I've attached the Vlog because they slate the gash

Surely this is Ted’s putting on a fake accent just to try and confirm their delusional bull about Rovers supposedly being obsessed about Ted’s?

Everyone knows that City are obsessed with Rovers and that Rovers don’t care about a club that was only formed in 1982, Dean Windass, remember that goal by Lambert? Basso didn’t even move!

Rovers fans only care about Rovers and are faithful and true. Rovers are as big as West Brom and Sunderland fans love the Gas more than the Ted’s cuz City cheated at Coventry in 1977, typical shitheads, oh but that was pre-1982 so that actually never happened. 

This video just conclusively proves what we as City fans have known for years....they are not the victims, they are totally obsessed with City and you can’t even mention City to them unless the sentence finishes..”are losing”.

Long live this thread. They hate it because it is full of the truth about the Sags (and they know it too!) 

How are City getting on? ?

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Surely this is Ted’s putting on a fake accent just to try and confirm their delusional bull about Rovers supposedly being obsessed about Ted’s?

Everyone knows that City are obsessed with Rovers and that Rovers don’t care about a club that was only formed in 1982, Dean Windass, remember that goal by Lambert? Basso didn’t even move!

Rovers fans only care about Rovers and are faithful and true. Rovers are as big as West Brom and Sunderland fans love the Gas more than the Ted’s cuz City cheated at Coventry in 1977, typical shitheads, oh but that was pre-1982 so that actually never happened. 

This video just conclusively proves what we as City fans have known for years....they are not the victims, they are totally obsessed with City and you can’t even mention City to them unless the sentence finishes..”are losing”.

Long live this thread. They hate it because it is full of the truth about the Sags (and they know it too!) 

Lost 2-1 mate :)

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Another thing about this video, isn’t it strange that whenever a Fewer pesters an opposition supporter about whether he prefers ‘da gas or da shit’ the answer is always ‘da gas’ and then all stroke each other off on Sagchat about how well loved they are, yet when these 2 Villa fans who actually preferred them before witnessing what wrong uns they are, say Bristol is Red, they call them every name under the sun.

Truth hurts obliviously.

29 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Another thing about this video, isn’t it strange that whenever a Fewer pesters an opposition supporter about whether he prefers ‘da gas or da shit’ the answer is always ‘da gas’ and then all stroke each other off on Sagchat about how well loved they are, yet when these 2 Villa fans who actually preferred them before witnessing what wrong uns they are, say Bristol is Red, they call them every name under the sun.

Truth hurts obliviously.

I do think the video is quite funny,  and I have taken some stick about it, but it is just some lads n the internet and there isn't a lot to read into it.

It seems they were recognised by some younger fans and got jostled a bit, which is probably what pissed them off, but when they came and stood by me and my mates I think they had already made up their minds as to their thoughts on Rovers fans. I did catch the guy behind me trying to film me, which at the time I thought a bit odd, but I guess by then they had decided they had a 'theme' for their YouTube thing,

Anyway, they seem decent enough lads, but personally I have always preferred Brum and will now add Villa to my list of teams whose scores I will be checking :)

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Lost 2-1 mate :)

I always know when City are losing thanks to Gasheads. Had a message this morning asking why I was quiet today which read “Oh I know, because the shit lost”.

Standard.

Being a Sheed I responded and admitted that I am used to the inconsistency of our team, unlike my Gas Sheed score informant when I asked him how Rovers got on against Mansfield. I didn’t receive a response until Lee Mansell slotted home the winning penalty against Grimsby a year later.

Oh well not much longer and Rovers will be coming for us again. Better get that claim out quick with a photo of JCH before he is sold in the January window. ?

Fair play to you Miah for admitting that you were in that video checking the City score. You have now made a significant personal contribution to the gift that keeps on giving ??? 

• Haha 1

Please someone share that video doing the rounds on Facebook of that posh lad going to the gash, crying 

31 minutes ago, freezer said:

That video from the Villa boys is comedy gold. 

The Gash really are the jealous and bitter little brother of Bristolian football.

I actually feel a little bit sorry for them....................I'm over that now, **** 'em, bell ends.

:laugh: I never saw this ???

Look at our squad Sags:

Ashley Williams - International

Tomas Kalas - International

Bailey Wright - International

Adam Nagy - International

Callum O'Dowda - International

Famara Diedhoiu - International

Andreas Weimann - International

Niki Maenpaa - International

Plus a host of others, such as Han Noah Massengo,  Pedre Periera, Nic Eliasson, Jay DaSilva, Taylor Moore, etc. who are or have played in their young international teams.

Have I missed anyone?

Now what do the Sags have other than a load of rejects and free transfers.  The gulf in class is now incredible.

24 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Look at our squad Sags:

Plus a host of others, such as Han Noah Massengo,  Pedre Periera, Nic Eliasson, Jay DaSilva, Taylor Moore, etc. who are or have played in their young international teams.

Have I missed anyone?

Now what do the Sags have other than a load of rejects and free transfers.  The gulf in class is now incredible.

Didn't they have a lad who turned out for Gibraltar?

36 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Look at our squad Sags:

Have I missed anyone?

It’s not a gulf, it’s a chasm, we operate in a very different environment.

Hopefully, even more so after May. We are progressing and at one point soon we will join the elite football clubs in England, they will never achieve that.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Look at our squad Sags:

Have I missed anyone?

Joe Morrell and max oleary