IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

30 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

The supporters wouldn't know as they don't bother turning up either!

Sky say that their average attendance has been 7,310 this season.  Anyone know what their breakeven figure is?

For the record, Sky also say our average is 21,750.  3 times what they are getting and yet another chasm.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

And whatever happened to the Jordanian lad, Screech?  I seem to recall that he might have been a youth international.  Dunno what sport, though!  

Just read he got released after failing to impress at Bishops Cleeve

Edited by alexukhc

We play these tomorrow.     Not to piss on anyone's expectations here but wouldn't be that surprised if they came away with three points.     Gave the yearly obligatory 'wave the white flag' in the FA Cup and made a mockery of the competitions integrity yet again with the Coventry replay a few days ago, seriously we were dire.    Hardly tried and if we play like that tomorrow then may as well award Rovers the three points and save another shameful excuse for putting on a game.

Memory must be ageing or something as can't recall right now the last time we played BRFC in the league or even any cup game, guess they've been kept apart by different leagues but tomorrow should be a good indication of how far we've really come since dropping out the Championship back in May.    Lambert is under a bit of pressure after some recent setbacks and one or doubts are creeping in.      Rovers are no mugs as their fifth place position shows and expecting a tough game tomorrow.   We'll try to beat them but I think we've punched above our weight often this season and second place for the team may be a little generous.    Already lost to Accrington and Rotherham, not good enough.        Hope to do better in a few hours.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

Gave the yearly obligatory 'wave the white flag' in the FA Cup and made a mockery of the competitions integrity yet again with the Coventry replay a few days ago, seriously we were dire.

HHmmmmmm did my bet for £50 last week, thought you were nailed on to win. Not touching your lot this week.

2 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

We play these tomorrow.     Not to piss on anyone's expectations here but wouldn't be that surprised if they came away with three points.     Gave the yearly obligatory 'wave the white flag' in the FA Cup and made a mockery of the competitions integrity yet again with the Coventry replay a few days ago, seriously we were dire.    Hardly tried and if we play like that tomorrow then may as well award Rovers the three points and save another shameful excuse for putting on a game.

Memory must be ageing or something as can't recall right now the last time we played BRFC in the league or even any cup game, guess they've been kept apart by different leagues but tomorrow should be a good indication of how far we've really come since dropping out the Championship back in May.    Lambert is under a bit of pressure after some recent setbacks and one or doubts are creeping in.      Rovers are no mugs as their fifth place position shows and expecting a tough game tomorrow.   We'll try to beat them but I think we've punched above our weight often this season and second place for the team may be a little generous.    Already lost to Accrington and Rotherham, not good enough.        Hope to do better in a few hours.  

Don’t be surprised if you’re approached tomorrow by groups of desperate looking Sagheads looking to have their fragile egos massaged.

They'll start by telling you they've always admired Ipswich....then they’ll try to get you to say you’ve always preferred them to City....As if anyone outside of Bristol genuinely gives a shit about us or them.

It’s really important to them though so if you don’t want some B.O. stinking manchild having a breakdown in front of you then you might as well just play along...everyone else does.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

You're lucky.....there's no rain forecast.

9 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

I think the last time you met them in the league was 1991-92, the season you got promoted to the Premier League. They got relegated the season after and have been a bottom dwelling side since.

12 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

2012 League Cup. 3-1 to Ipswich at Portman Road. HTH.

11 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Don’t be surprised if you’re approached tomorrow by groups of desperate looking Sagheads looking to have their fragile egos massaged.

They'll start by telling you they've always admired Ipswich....then they’ll try to get you to say you’ve always preferred them to City....As if anyone outside of Bristol genuinely gives a shit about us or them.

It’s really important to them though so if you don’t want some B.O. stinking manchild having a breakdown in front of you then you might as well just play along...everyone else does.

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::clap:

Just listened to the interview. It’s odd. He says “I don’t know where I can take this football club.” But also implies that he has some personal issues (“I’ve got decisions to make in my own personal life”). To me it sounds like the issue isn’t the club, the issue might be being long-distance away from family or other personal issues and he wants to focus more on that than the sags. Could also be a job offer, but is anyone else looking minus maybe Portsmouth? Who I’d argue are really unattractive as a managerial destination right now. Not too sure. Regardless as biased as I may be have to give credit where credit’s due, he’s done a great job there. Hopefully he leaves, Hollowhead takes over and that’ll be the end of this promotion nonsense.