IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I think Mansfield is a red herring.  Apparently,  we discovered he has a 300k break clause in his contract and have triggered his signing after SL finally lost patience with LJ and our home form.  

Coughlan's done brilliantly with limited resources. Strikes me as someone who is a driven winner and good motivator but realises he won't be backed. The family and  more convenient location might have some truth but I doubt it's the main reason.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

I am totally unaware of Mansfield’s circumstances, but are they significantly better? Or is it purely geographical for him, does he have links with that part of the country? I’m just realising apart from him being Irish I know nothing about him.

Mansfield has got one of the biggest budgets at that level. They’ve given previous managers Steve Evans and David Flitcroft more than plenty to succeed but with still no promotion. They went cheap and promoted from within and it didn’t work out. Obviously gone with a manager who has the ability to get something from nothing.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

“If he’s gonna take over at Mansfield.... have they seriously got more of a chance of progressing than we have ? It’s a sh** little club , always has been. I’d be gutted and it would be so telling about our future if he left us for that tin pot club“

The light is almost on, is anyone at home  ?

15 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I only ever visit their weird forum when following a link posted on here and I was not disappointed, one of them thinks he’s on £5M+ a year........ I somehow doubt he’d be considering leaving if he was!!

D81C903A-3FAD-4678-AC99-D6B51458F31C.jpeg

Considering Klopp was on £5mill a season in 2015 when he signed his first contract with Liverpool I highly doubt he’s on that ??

• Haha 1

What is wrong with you people? Here you are talking about a replacement for a down to earth man who says it how it is when he is not even gone . You disgust me. After supporting this great club since 1952, I find your attitude appalling. When are you going to realise that the people who bought this great club five years ago are a bunch of chancers who are not interested in us or the club, but how much money they can make from selling the club. Next week, are you prepared to demonstrate in front of the directors box to tell them what we really think of them. A decent man is about to walk away. Are you prepared to do something about this or are you just going to carry on moaning? It’s time to put up or shut up.

This one wants action...

• Haha 1

Ha ha ha AND Mansfield of all teams.

You really couldn't make it up.

It just goes to prove that its no matter how well they do on the pitch and how the saddoes cream over how great their so called loyal fans are, their manager scarpers quicker than you can say "lucky heather" or "loiy a bit of da black stuff" at the first opportunity.

Which, once again, underlines what an utterly shambolic joke of a club they are.

THEY REALLY ARE 5HIT 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1