IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Never boring being a Rovers fan. If you don't laugh you'll cry!

Mansfield just sacked their manager minutes ago so all but confirmed if you ask me. Personally, didn't like GC. Can't deny the job he's done has been superb though.

Mansfield are bantering us again. He said he wanted to have talks with the board and I'm guessing they haven't said they'll back him, Mansfield have a bit of money and it's closer to home so it makes sense for him.

Job for Cotts ?

www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2019/december/club-statement/

Mansfield Town Football Club can confirm that it has parted company with manager John Dempster.

In a statement, chief executive officer Carolyn Radford said: “Both John [chairman John Radford] and I would like to place on record our sincere thanks to John [Dempster] for his seven-years’ service as a player, academy manager and first team manager.

“Throughout this period, John has conducted himself with the utmost professionalism and integrity and leaves the club in our highest regard.

“John [Radford, chairman] and I consider ourselves to be patient and supportive owners, however, football is a results centered industry and as we approach the halfway stage of the season, our points’ tally has fallen well below expectations. Therefore, we feel a change in leadership is required to provide the best opportunity to turn our season around.

“The process for a new manager begins immediately and we hope to make an appointment in a decisive and timely fashion.”

Academy coach Jamie McGuire has been placed in caretaker charge.

Nothing confirmed yet is there? Looks a possibility but nothing set in stone. 

Why would he go there, ok the Gas have not got a pot to piss in but they are 4th in league one, Mansfield are 18th in League Two.? Was he there as a player or something, what’s the connection? Not the usual Manager move for sure.

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Nothing confirmed yet is there? Looks a possibility but nothing set in stone. 

Why would he go there, ok the Gas have not got a pot to piss in but they are 4th in league one, Mansfield are 18th in League Two.? Was he there as a player or something, what’s the connection? Not the usual Manager move for sure.

I think you've just answered your own question there.

1 minute ago, weepywall said:

Some of the fewers have the nerve to call Ipswich...Ipshit, and talking as though beating Ipswich( and no disrespect to Ipswich) is on par to beating Barcelona ???

:laugh: clearly not such an amazing achievement then, if they are shit

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

I think you've just answered your own question there.

I am totally unaware of Mansfield’s circumstances, but are they significantly better? Or is it purely geographical for him, does he have links with that part of the country? I’m just realising apart from him being Irish I know nothing about him.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

I am totally unaware of Mansfield’s circumstances, but are they significantly better? Or is it purely geographical for him, does he have links with that part of the country? I’m just realising apart from him being Irish I know nothing about him.

Family i've heard, but i'm not sure to be honest

• Thanks 1