IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

It sounded likely from the interview on Radio Bristol that he had asked for funds for January and was turned down.  The guy was near to tears and I felt really sorry for him, and also for Rovers fans if they are to lose a promising manager because of their Board’s refusal to back him.  I can imagine how frustrating that would be.  Sorry, I’m obviously out of step with everyone else on this thread.

• Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

whenever City have a bad couple of results, I can always rely on BRFC to cheer oneself up - my aching sides ???

For the second time in 5 seasons, Mansfield have pissed them off, I can now safely forgive them for 1987

But not Gordon Owen. 

And he missed a pen v Swindon to get us into the playoffs. Same season 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Nope, off to the bin it goes.... ?

To be fair, this was one piece of news that probably deserved it’s own thread for a few hours. It’s an interesting topic and several wouldn’t have seen it as quickly in the normal thread - which isn’t one I usually check. One evening wouldn’t have done much harm.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

It sounded likely from the interview on Radio Bristol that he had asked for funds for January and was turned down.  The guy was near to tears and I felt really sorry for him, and also for Rovers fans if they are to lose a promising manager because of their Board’s refusal to back him.  I can imagine how frustrating that would be.  Sorry, I’m obviously out of step with everyone else on this thread.

Never feel sorry for  Rovers fans !!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

What is wrong with you people? Here you are talking about a replacement for a down to earth man who says it how it is when he is not even gone . You disgust me. After supporting this great club since 1952, I find your attitude appalling. When are you going to realise that the people who bought this great club five years ago are a bunch of chancers who are not interested in us or the club, but how much money they can make from selling the club. Next week, are you prepared to demonstrate in front of the directors box to tell them what we really think of them. A decent man is about to walk away. Are you prepared to do something about this or are you just going to carry on moaning? It’s time to put up or shut up.

This one wants action...

Here's the difference between us and them,

When things go t*ts up at the Gate we demonstrate they just roll over and get their tummy tickled by whichever chancer is running the club at the time. No sympathy

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Can't blame him - his family live in Sheffield, so it would be much closer to home.  Mansfield have a decent ground, training ground and some money for players - we don't tick any of those boxes.  No room for sentiment in football, if it's a good deal for him then he has to take the opportunity.

So why take a shit deal 12 months ago?

Desperation? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

What is wrong with you people? Here you are talking about a replacement for a down to earth man who says it how it is when he is not even gone . You disgust me. After supporting this great club since 1952, I find your attitude appalling. When are you going to realise that the people who bought this great club five years ago are a bunch of chancers who are not interested in us or the club, but how much money they can make from selling the club. Next week, are you prepared to demonstrate in front of the directors box to tell them what we really think of them. A decent man is about to walk away. Are you prepared to do something about this or are you just going to carry on moaning? It’s time to put up or shut up.

This one wants action...

Agree with everything, then he spoils it by calling them a "great club" !

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, In the Net said:

His first opportunity to be a Manager, no brainer really as, if he'd turned it down, a Manager coming in from elsewhere would probably have wanted to bring his own backroom staff, and he'd have been out of a job.

To be fair to him, he's worked wonders with his hands tied.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

Can't blame him - his family live in Sheffield, so it would be much closer to home.  Mansfield have a decent ground, training ground and some money for players - we don't tick any of those boxes.  No room for sentiment in football, if it's a good deal for him then he has to take the opportunity.

This is a very sensible post which proves what I’ve always expected - you’re a secret Ted 

• Haha 1

"There’s been a massive lull in morale during the last year in which we’ve gone from bottom of the league 4 points adrift to 4th in the league January to January.
Our manager who has overseen that last year says he has a decision to make over the weekend with his family and you’ve only got to scroll through the threads on Gaschat tonight to see that our fan base has become much more like the 82ers than I ever thought it could have.
Great times for the team anyway."

Nice of him to admit we are a class above the fewers

Unbelievable.  Had the worst week football wise in ages and on my way home from the gate, I heard Cockman on the radio saying that he had some important decisions to make rather than revelling in the glory of a good away win.  

Rather forgot about it for a few hours, then came here and read that it seems he has probably gone to Mansfield.  That certainly turned around my fairly miserable week, that did.

You can imagine the conversation with Wally though:

"So oive got you to 4th,  How abouts a poy roise"

"Sorry mate, we've got no dough"

"Backin in da Janry winda den?"

"Maybe we can get a couple of camels you can trade for a donkey"

"oi need marr dan dat.  Hows about some decent facilities"

"Well these things take time bud"

"What straws can yer offer moi den?

"Might be able to get you a fruit market in a couple of years if we can get a few mugs to stump up the cash" 

"Foine den yer dick.  Oim off ter Mansfield den".

9 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Unbelievable.  Had the worst week football wise in ages and on my way home from the gate, I heard Cockman on the radio saying that he had some important decisions to make rather than revelling in the glory of a good away win.  

Rather forgot about it for a few hours, then came here and read that it seems he has probably gone to Mansfield.  That certainly turned around my fairly miserable week, that did.

You can imagine the conversation with Wally though:

"So oive got you to 4th,  How abouts a poy roise"

"Sorry mate, we've got no dough"

"Backin in da Janry winda den?"

"Maybe we can get a couple of camels you can trade for a donkey"

"oi need marr dan dat.  Hows about some decent facilities"

"Well these things take time bud"

"What straws can yer offer moi den?

"Might be able to get you a fruit market in a couple of years if we can get a few mugs to stump up the cash" 

"Foine den yer dick.  Oim off ter Mansfield den".

I really don't get this stereotypical Irish talk. Badly tarmacked drives, bushy eyebrows, horses on council estates, beamish,  der's more to Ireland dan dis

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

I really don't get this stereotypical Irish talk. Badly tarmacked drives, bushy eyebrows, horses on council estates, beamish,  der's more to Ireland dan dis

Suddern or Nodrern Oirland are we taalkin aboite?

And de noimes Cack-lan not Cock-lan boy der woy.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, In the Net said:

Think you are trying to find some sort of excuse to make yourself feel better and soften the blow that your manager is going to leave you for a club in the lower half of the bottom league, the same club that relegated you out of that very league!

He spent 8 years at Southend. I know sags are not the smartest people in the world but you are aware of how far away Southend is from Sheffield? Bristol is slightly closer to Sheffield than Southend is! And then 12 months in Bristol and he is all of a sudden missing his family and wants to return home? Nah sorry mate I'm not sold on that excuse.

Considering this is someone that has spent over half of his life away from where he was born, I'm not sure hes the type to get home sick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

When things go t*ts up at the Gate we demonstrate they just roll over and get their tummy tickled by whichever chancer is running the club at the time. No sympathy

When have we demonstrated? We plummeted from the top tier to the bottom division in three years but I can’t recall too many demos - apologies if I’ve forgotten anything from that time. And when LJ took us on our record number of consecutive defeats, there were a few murmurs of discontent, but nothing too bad, no demos ... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

I remember they had a mini pitch invasion when they got relegated. There wasn't enough of them to class it as a demonstration.