IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

They haven’t produced anything for a little while then BANG!!!! out of absolutely nowhere they give us another absolute gem, to show everyone what a shit club they really are.

Family reasons? Yeah right, he’s jumping before the shit really hits the fan, no money to bring players in, JCH off in Jan, no one willing to takeover, so leaves Wally with one thing to do.... Admin.

FTG

3 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

They haven’t produced anything for a little while then BANG!!!! out of absolutely nowhere they give us another absolute gem, to show everyone what a shit club they really are.

Family reasons? Yeah right, he’s jumping before the shit really hits the fan, no money to bring players in, JCH off in Jan, no one willing to takeover, so

**leaves Wally with one thing to do.... Admin.

FTG

** can Wally type and take calls ?

5 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

"oi need marr dan dat.  Hows about some decent facilities"

5 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Suddern or Nodrern Oirland are we taalkin aboite?

And de noimes Cack-lan not Cock-lan boy der woy.

Move away from the stereotypically insulting bullshit - it's not doing you any favours.

Edited by Robert the bruce

Someone correct me if I'm wrong because i'm quite uneducated on this topic, but if Rovers don't allow an approach and don't cave in, and as they aren't forced to because Coughlan's got 2 years left on his deal there, would that not mean they might get a half decent deal (for them, probably a couple hundred thousand) as Mansfield will have to buy him out of his contract.

17 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong because i'm quite uneducated on this topic, but if Rovers don't allow an approach and don't cave in, and as they aren't forced to because Coughlan's got 2 years left on his deal there, would that not mean they might get a half decent deal (for them, probably a couple hundred thousand) as Mansfield will have to buy him out of his contract.

I suppose GC could just resign which would probably cost him a couple of grand for the two years left on his contract and the Gas would probably have to take it to court which takes time ,money and would be a distraction for the club .

Mr Coughlan I salute you .

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

When have we demonstrated? We plummeted from the top tier to the bottom division in three years but I can’t recall too many demos - apologies if I’ve forgotten anything from that time. And when LJ took us on our record number of consecutive defeats, there were a few murmurs of discontent, but nothing too bad, no demos ... 

"Dicks out" was a favoured chant back in the day.

Demo's outside of the grandstand against Stephen (or was it Les) Kew when things got rough.

Joe Jordan got some stick after the cup run was forgotten. Russell Osman got dogs abuse for his treatment of Jacki (Osman must surely be the only City player to get booed when he scored)

Tiny Penis had season ticket books thrown at him.

O'Dismal saw thousands of empty seats as fans stayed away.

Is that enough for you?

I'm gonna guess that most of the things people are speculating about contain an element of truth with regards Cockman.

He probably does want to be closer to his family.

There is every chance Wally will sell the goal scorer.

There is no way they will invest in the squad or facilities to give them a chance of promotion.

Fewers will sit back and do nothing, as per. Instead they will blame the dog botherer for signing a player about 4 years ago who hasn't scored many and that this has blown the budget for this season, using the tried and trusted #gaslogic method of thinking.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I suppose GC could just resign which would probably cost him a couple of grand for the two years left on his contract and the Gas would probably have to take it to court which takes time ,money and would be a distraction for the club .

Mr Coughlan I salute you .

Even if he resigned they would still get money from court action if he immediately went to Mansfield though? 

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

When have we demonstrated? We plummeted from the top tier to the bottom division in three years but I can’t recall too many demos - apologies if I’ve forgotten anything from that time. And when LJ took us on our record number of consecutive defeats, there were a few murmurs of discontent, but nothing too bad, no demos ... 

We’ve been fortunate not to have been in the position like some other clubs where terrible ownership has forced fans into protests on the pitch or a mass boycott of home fixtures....however, I’ve no doubt that if that ever happened we would.

Look at their situation with their owners:

No communication.

Successive managers going public about concerns (this one may jump ship for a club in a division below whilst the Gas sit in the L1 POs).

Made to look like fools with tents for stands.

Losing your best player to your rivals for far less than he’s worth.

Loss of the UWE Stadium.

New stadium plans gone quiet.

Debts exceeding the value of their biggest asset with worries about how committed the owners are.

If that was happening at Ashton Gate I’m certain we’d be doing far more as a fan base than them. Gasheads are too busy patting each other on the back saying what great fans they are for putting up with all the shit. They’ve always been the same, they’ve got the shambles they deserve.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Just watching the Quest rerun. Did Skeletor pretty much say (without actually saying) that he wanted the job?

Wouldn't surprise me. Stock has dropped since his last decent run in the Championship, and would imagine he would take any managerial job right now.

That being said, weren't the loyal and few upset because he said he would prefer QPR to beat them?

Also not sure  that Hollowhead would take the crap that Wally would serve up. He certainly wouldn't keep quiet. Be good entertainment though, one final attaction at the circus....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

"Dicks out" was a favoured chant back in the day.

Demo's outside of the grandstand against Stephen (or was it Les) Kew when things got rough.

Joe Jordan got some stick after the cup run was forgotten. Russell Osman got dogs abuse for his treatment of Jacki (Osman must surely be the only City player to get booed when he scored)

Tiny Penis had season ticket books thrown at him.

O'Dismal saw thousands of empty seats as fans stayed away.

Is that enough for you?

‘Booing’ someone or ‘giving them some stick’ from the crowd isn’t really a ‘demonstration’ though - thanks for the examples though - I wasn’t having a go, I just couldn’t remember any proper demonstrations - I do recall the stuff outside the Grandstand now you mention it though.

But on the whole Bristolians are a pretty laid back, tolerant bunch - our football players and managers and owners get a pretty easy ride. We don’t give them too much grief at all - it makes me laugh when people refer to ‘toxic’ atmospheres at Ashton Gate - nowhere near - proper toxic atmospheres, and demonstrating, is what clubs such as Newcastle do (eg when trying to oust Pardew) or the Man City of old (eg when they wanted Swales out) - those were proper evil vibes - we just don’t do that down here 

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

15 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

Heard a couple more interesting shouts for Cockman's replacement if he goes. Of course there were some hilariously unrealistic ones like Gareth Ainsworth and Tony Pulis, but have seen a lot of sags ask for Nathan Jones

Surprised they haven't mentioned Tisdale as well (as if he'd go there though!)

11 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Think you are trying to find some sort of excuse to make yourself feel better and soften the blow that your manager is going to leave you for a club in the lower half of the bottom league, the same club that relegated you out of that very league!

He spent 8 years at Southend. I know sags are not the smartest people in the world but you are aware of how far away Southend is from Sheffield? Bristol is slightly closer to Sheffield than Southend is! And then 12 months in Bristol and he is all of a sudden missing his family and wants to return home? Nah sorry mate I'm not sold on that excuse.

Considering this is someone that has spent over half of his life away from where he was born, I'm not sure hes the type to get home sick.

Not looking for any excuses, just putting forward some possible reasons, the family thing being just one of them.  He's certainly spent a lot of time away from home, so maybe that's a red herring from him, the other reasons I gave are facts - and maybe he feels Mansfield will provide him with more opportunities - a new job isn't necessarily about where you start, but where you think you will end up.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I recall a couple of years ago that there were several people (including some on here) who began a boycott and swore they'd never set foot in AG while Johnson remained in charge. I wonder where they are now?

what I do find slightly odd about this is that Coughlan has got the gas into 4th place and his departure would be a disaster (translate as funny for many City fans) yet everywhere else on here our own managers got us to 4th (six days ago) and there are people wanting him to go.

• Like 5