IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Dear Rovers; here's how to make some much needed money.

Reach, but then fail in the Play offs. That will generate attendance & TV income.

Then looking at League 2, next season four out of FGR, Cheltenham, Swindon, Newport, Exeter & Plymouth could be in league 1 which would mean more loala(ish) derbies giving larger than average gates and less travelling to undertake when away.

Finally; accept this is our level and save money by no longer trying to compete with the big boys across town.

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

just couldn’t remember any proper demonstrations - I do recall the stuff outside the Grandstand now you mention it though.

Forgive the lack of detail but I'm certain there was a post match demo at the rear of the William's stand against the so called "reform group" towards the back end of the 95 season. It was around the time the club got in trouble with the FA over the financing of the Atyeo stand, Osman putting out teams of teenage academy rejects, Europe in 5 years and all that other bollocks. It paved the way for Scott Davidson to buy the club. 

I'm certain I remember it and the protests calling for the board to quit going on inside the ground as well. 

All of my old copies of One Team are in a box somewhere otherwise I'd go back and check. 

Anyone else remember?? 

Anyhow, the Saggys, the gift that keeps on giving. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 22A said:

Dear Rovers; here's how to make some much needed money.

Reach, but then fail in the Play offs. That will generate attendance & TV income.

Then looking at League 2, next season four out of FGR, Cheltenham, Swindon, Newport, Exeter & Plymouth could be in league 1 which would mean more loala(ish) derbies giving larger than average gates and less travelling to undertake when away.

Finally; accept this is our level and save money by no longer trying to compete with the big boys across town.

You could add try and not get dumped out of the FA Cup by a non league side every year.

6 hours ago, weepywall said:

No decent manager in his right mind would join that shambles of a club.

This.

Notice how both DC and now Cockman have both publicly said they’ve taken the Sags as far as they can? In other words Wally will not give them any money to improve. Be stunned in Cotts was even the slightest bit interested.

Reality is, back me or release me.

Fella clearly wants to work closer to home, but with the right working environment I would imagine he would be happy to stay.

Apparently the average managers wage in League One in under 60k a year, so depending on if he is self funding digs in Bristol or if the club are providing him with transport/accommodation walking away is likely to be an easy decision.

Especially if Mansfield can find another 3 or 4 hundred a week to secure his services.

Tinpot club, trying to do things on the cheap who are owned by a bloke who knows he doesn't have access to the money to make the 'on promotion' ground improvements.

Floodlights, toilets, media suites, and changing rooms.

They are admin in waiting.

12 hours ago, myol'man said:

"Dicks out" was a favoured chant back in the day.

Demo's outside of the grandstand against Stephen (or was it Les) Kew when things got rough.

Yep and I recall after a game a demonstration outside the old grandstand chanting “sack the board”, whilst Dicks manager and Dolman chairman!

10 hours ago, In the Net said:

Not looking for any excuses, just putting forward some possible reasons, the family thing being just one of them.  He's certainly spent a lot of time away from home, so maybe that's a red herring from him, the other reasons I gave are facts - and maybe he feels Mansfield will provide him with more opportunities - a new job isn't necessarily about where you start, but where you think you will end up.

Maybe the being away from home thing isn't a red herring. I have worked 12 hour night shifts for 20 years.If I could give them up tomorrow I would never work another one again.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Forgive the lack of detail but I'm certain there was a post match demo at the rear of the William's stand against the so called "reform group" towards the back end of the 95 season. It was around the time the club got in trouble with the FA over the financing of the Atyeo stand, Osman putting out teams of teenage academy rejects, Europe in 5 years and all that other bollocks. It paved the way for Scott Davidson to buy the club. 

I'm certain I remember it and the protests calling for the board to quit going on inside the ground as well. 

All of my old copies of One Team are in a box somewhere otherwise I'd go back and check. 

Anyone else remember?? 

Anyhow, the Saggys, the gift that keeps on giving. 

Remember it clearly. Singing ‘sack the board’ and ‘where’s the money gone.’ Big demo at back of grandstand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Bristolians taking the piss out of an Irish accent , hmmm.

I know Miah, madness. 

I should apologise for Joe Sims appearance on Points West as any West country/Birmingham accent is met with the same incredulity as a non Anti semite at a Labour rally... 

?

Edited by B1ackbird

Club gives you your first chance in management Despite nobody ever having heard of you before

You do very well saving club from relegation by finding an out of form striker and getting him to score

The next season with no money at all you get club to 4th in league after best away win in years

You then leave to join a club struggling in league below who also happen to be the same club that relegated your current club to non league

You’ve got to hand it to GC, he has properly dumped on Rovers big time ??????

• Like 2
  • Haha 3