IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

A further thing that niggles me in the whole matter, is why should a poxy lowly club like Mansfield think out of the blue they could attract a manager new in a job near the top of the division higher than them

Deluded. 

The world's favourite fans. 

Edited by Seneca the Younger

29 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Deluded. 

The world's favourite fans. 

They really are grotesque aren’t they?

You often hear them describe clubs lower than them as ‘poxy’ or ‘tinpot’ as if Rovers are a massive club with huge attendances and a great stadium....not some joke of a club with tents for stands and only 6k regulars (despite playing in a City of nearly half a million people). 

If ‘the Cock’ joins them that’ll be twice in recent history that that ‘poxy, lowly’ club Mansfield have made the Gas a look like utter fools. ?

Still, apparently him and his style of football was the reason why the crowds had dropped, so full houses for the rest of the season now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Tbf with current position they may well attract a half decent manager... well at least for an interview anyway how far it would go beyond that I’m not so sure once anyone sees how screwed behind the scenes they are

"So Wael, if i do take up the vacant managerial position at your club, do you have financial plans for investment in the January transfer window?".

"Not this January, no".

Just a matter of time

baggins
Gas

baggins Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

31 minutes ago via mobile Tilly's Thighs, toddy1953, and 7 more like this
Post Options

Post by bag

Time for us Gas, faithful and true, to come to the front and show this Squad what we as supporters are all about. Screw the Alq's, screw the Board, let's get behind the lads more than ever before and show them that no matter what, we're there for them.

F*** the Gas!!!!
Edited by Super
  • Haha 1

foreverblue
Youth Team

foreverblue Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 45 posts
8 minutes ago via mobile  
Post Options

Post by foreverblue on 8 minutes ago

Stupid gummy, receding, ginger, ugly, lady garden! We may have got good results but I was never closer to not renewing my season ticket partially due to being bored stiff at the vast majority of our home games (bar the second half v Southend) - I’ll always back the manager of our club or give them the benefit of the doubt when in blue and white but now he’s off - no holding back! Absolute lady garden!
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Super said:

Just a matter of time

baggins
Gas

baggins Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Post Options

Post by bag

Time for us Gas, faithful and true, to come to the front and show this Squad what we as supporters are all about. Invade the pitch, start a riot, punch a horse and blame the Shitheads for everything. Screw the Alq's, screw the Board, let's constantly check the City score on our phones and show them that no matter what, we're still obsessed with Ted’s and utterly Tinpot.

**** the Gas!!!!

Fixed ??

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Highguy said:

998565DA-443F-492C-9535-F4E1A470176B.thumb.png.88aeaf621aeee64fda0ad728c7ba1842.png

This one made me chuckle?

Sounds like a bit too close to home!

I rovers were a dog he'd wish it to be a horse so he could punch it.

If rovers were your wife SHE would be divorcing you as you spend more time watching babestation with your cacks down.

If rovers were a job it would be Santa's grotto with a few scared children sat on your lap talking about the first thing that pops up.

If rovers were a meal it would be stale out of date crisps and some fake Fanta to wash it down with.

If rovers were a holiday it would be a trip to Billy Smarts circus in the nice big top tent to give the fake fekir an idea for the new north west in the corner by the chaser's night club entrance stand.  

If rovers were a one night stand it would be a canvas one with a row N.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Just a matter of time

baggins
Gas

baggins Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Post Options

Post by bag

Time for us Gas, faithful and true, to come to the front and show this Squad what we as supporters are all about. Screw the Alq's, screw the Board, let's get behind the lads more than ever before and show them that no matter what, we're there for them.

**** the Gas!!!!

Stop it! Please!! ??

Is that the same “faithful and true” who have deserted their club in thousands since they ditched Dopey Darrell? ?

Let’s show this squad what we as supporters are all about...staring into our phones for 90 minutes to see how da shit r doin”

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

"So Wael, if i do take up the vacant managerial position at your club, do you have financial plans for investment in the January transfer window?".

"Not this January, no".

They will certainly be looking at dragging out an appointment long enough for the window to shut, job done until the Summer when they will find another reason not to financially back the club

• Like 2

Any of you stat guys know what the ratio of managers is between us and them? As far as I can remember they seem to have had to replace their manager every year - 18 months or so. 

Dopey Darrell was probably one of their longest serving ones in recent times wasn't he?

Edited by Taz

17 minutes ago, Taz said:

Any of you stat guys know what the ratio of managers is between us and them? As far as I can remember they seem to have had to replace their manager every year - 18 months or so. 

Dopey Darrell was probably one of their longest serving ones in recent times wasn't he?

We've had 4 in 8 years; they've had 7 in the same time (not counting caretaker managers and Coughlan's replacement)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedM said:

They will certainly be looking at dragging out an appointment long enough for the window to shut, job done until the Summer when they will find another reason not to financially back the club

These things take time !

(or if you like)  Dese tings take toime  :cool:

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Swede said:

Sounds like a bit too close to home!

I rovers were a dog he'd wish it to be a horse so he could punch it.

If rovers were your wife SHE would be divorcing you as you spend more time watching babestation with your cacks down.

If rovers were a job it would be Santa's grotto with a few scared children sat on your lap talking about the first thing that pops up.

If rovers were a meal it would be stale out of date crisps and some fake Fanta to wash it down with.

If rovers were a holiday it would be a trip to Billy Smarts circus in the nice big top tent to give the fake fekir an idea for the new north west in the corner by the chaser's night club entrance stand.  

If rovers were a one night stand it would be a canvas one with a row N.

If Rovers were a football team , they’d  play in front of a few thousand morons whilst wearing jester outfits every week.........hang on a minute..............

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Funny how they are all writing off Cotts as a potential replacement. Some of the blue few saying they would never watch rovers again....so bitter.

Out of the list of favourites Adkins, Jones, cotts and Holloway would be the most suited I feel. I imagine they can't afford any of them.

If they really are losing £60K per week  - unless their next manager is paying them then they cant "afford" anyone

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cityal said:

If they really are losing £60K per week  - unless their next manager is paying them then they cant "afford" anyone

They were losing that when Higgs was there weren't they? Since then attendances have gone down & expenses have gone up