IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Any of you stat guys know what the ratio of managers is between us and them? As far as I can remember they seem to have had to replace their manager every year - 18 months or so. 

Dopey Darrell was probably one of their longest serving ones in recent times wasn't he?

Including caretaker managers we have apparently had 42, you 41.

Since 2000 we've had 20 and you've had 16.

https://www.managerstats.co.uk/clubs/bristol-city/

https://www.managerstats.co.uk/clubs/bristol-rovers/

Edited by Seventeen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kivsy said:

How long can this continue? 
they needed gates of 10 k a couple of years ago the post reported, 

Kieran Maguire flagged them up earlier this year for the late filing of their accounts,  he doesn't get much wrong. Genuinely believe their future  hangs on the sale of the club....unlucky da shit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seventeen said:

Including caretaker managers we have apparently had 42, you 41.

Since 2000 we've had 20 and you've had 16.

https://www.managerstats.co.uk/clubs/bristol-city/

https://www.managerstats.co.uk/clubs/bristol-rovers/

I think you also have to take into account that, we've been in the league for about twenty years more than you, or another way you've been in the league 5/6 of our term.

4 hours ago, cityal said:

If they really are losing £60K per week  - unless their next manager is paying them then they cant "afford" anyone

Martyn Starnes - their CEO - was at a "do" I was at very recently.

He looked like he'd lost £100 and found a Fiver.

Had a face like a slapped arse throughout.

They are ripping each other to bits over on ass chat. 

The loyal and true never wanted GC anyway, they may have been 4th but the football was dull, the man has no class, **** him he can **** off. 

The man hasn't even announced he's going yet. Christ knows what will happen if the Mansfield talks fall through. 

Not seen so much venom spewing forth from the prowed fewers since their last crisis. 

Thank you God's of comedy for this early Xmas gift. 

This time it will be a player manager like Chris Lines or anyone else who has a spare jumper for a goalpost and who doesn't mind clearing up the dog 5hit from the training park.

The main credentials will be how cheap they are, oh and somebody who won't ask difficult questions like;

"You've sold my star striker for how much?!?"

Or "What's my transfer budget"

Or "I've got to drive the transit and pay for 16 lots of fish and chips as well?"

Or "When is the new stadium/training ground/New tent being pitched?"

4 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

GC leaving is Wally’s ready made excuse for when the inevitable plummet down the table happens. He or his family cannot afford promotion. Not that it would of happened if GC stayed anyway.

Exactly this, Wally must be delighted with life right now... (not his fault, things were going well on the field, squad proven promotion hopefuls etc -all for the benefit of the fewers, who will be led to believe all Wallys plans were ruined when he was let down by the untimely desertion of his manager).  Wally can shed a few woe is us, crocodile tears while secretly being delighted he won't have to deal with all the unaffordable expense a dreaded promotion would have brought with it..

Wages, Stadium/facility upgrades etc for life in the Championship would have been the final nail, the straw that broke the camels back which once and for all killed off the club... Wally simply couldn't afford a team promotion. 

The 'hard luck' story of losing CG and missing out on a glorious promotion may be just what Wally needs right now to buy himself a little more time with the 'faithful'. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Funny how they are all writing off Cotts as a potential replacement. Some of the blue few saying they would never watch rovers again....so bitter.

Out of the list of favourites Adkins, Jones, cotts and Holloway would be the most suited I feel. I imagine they can't afford any of them.

A few of my friends are Gas, they actually go to games (yes I know..!)

They think it’s utterly ridiculous that any league One club wouldn’t move heaven & earth to get SC in, given half a chance - although it is true that he got dogs abuse from a large proportion of the (very small) crowd, at the games he went to watch before GC was appointed. 

14 minutes ago, kivsy said:

How the hell haven’t they gone bust yet ? 
fir a couple of years they’ve been losing £65 k a week.  It’s not sustainable.....

So that’s £3 million per year. There must be some gate receipts, they keep selling at least one half decent player every year for a few hundred thousand, plus they get something for just being in League 1.

Their outgoings can’t be that big as they can’t be paying their players much. £3k per week would be a big earner for them. They bought the ground for next to nothing, and other than a trip to “Go Outdoors” to buy their biggest tent, they’ve spent no money on it, so where is the money going?

We all know Wally doesn’t have 2 Dhiram to rub together, but the numbers still don’t seem to add up.

Edited by Dr Balls
Spelling

28 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

So that’s £3 million per year. There must be some gate receipts, they keep selling at least one half decent player every year for a few hundred thousand, plus they get something for just being in League 1.

Their outgoings can’t be that big as they can’t be paying their players much. £3k per week would be a big earner for them. They bought the ground for next to nothing, and other than a trip to “Go Outdoors” to buy their biggest tent, they’ve spent no money on it, so where is the money going?

We all know Wally doesn’t have 2 Dhiram to rub together, but the numbers still don’t seem to add up.

That premises/office in London don't come cheep mind ?...

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Fewer from the pub reckons they'll appoint a caretaker manager until either the end of the season or the club gets sold, probably an internal appointment to keep the cost down.

Granted that is their opinion rather than them being in the know, but it does sound like the cheapest option, so can't be dismissed.

Wasn't Coughlan already an internal appointment?

57 minutes ago, phantom said:

Wasn't Coughlan already an internal appointment?

Yeah, he was brought in as the defence coach and got the job after Doppy and Stewart left. 

I think he was given a 2 1/2 year contract so I reckon Mansfield would have to buy that out to take him so it could bring the sags a much needed few quid to keep the bills paid. No idea how much but a reasonable guess would be about 200k wouldn't it? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Yeah, he was brought in as the defence coach and got the job after Doppy and Stewart left. 

I think he was given a 2 1/2 year contract so I reckon Mansfield would have to buy that out to take him so it could bring the sags a much needed few quid to keep the bills paid. No idea how much but a reasonable guess would be about 200k wouldn't it? 

I would be amazed if a first time manager in League One was on much more than about 50k a year, probably with some expenses on top of that.

As for his contract being paid up, you would guess there would be break clauses on both sides, can't imagine the Fewers would have needed to shell out the full term of the contract if he was doing a bad job and they wanted shot of him after 3 months.

• Like 1