IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, OneCity said:

So he walks from a club sitting pretty in a play-off spot, for a club in a lower division and a full 37 places beneath them. Unbelievable Jeff.

Has that ever happened before? Is there even a similar case?

Maybe he knows Rovers are going bust. Better to go while his stock value is up.

8 minutes ago, OneCity said:

So he walks from a club sitting pretty in a play-off spot, for a club in a lower division and a full 37 places beneath them. Unbelievable Jeff.

Has that ever happened before? Is there even a similar case?

It’s quite an unusual career move for sure, and the timing is odd being as it’s half way through the season. Obviously I am just speculating but I hope the sudden urge to move back nearer to family is just that and not need, I don’t wish ill on anyone, even a Gas Manager who actually seemed a decent bloke.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Skeletor has been self touting himself for ages to get this job at some point

To me if he isn't their next Manager they must be in a serious mess as I could imagine him going in there at a low salary just to help his beloved team

I cant stand him, but I'd be stunned if he goes there under the current owners

Edited by Vincent Vega

20 minutes ago, phantom said:

To me if he isn't their next Manager they must be in a serious mess as I could imagine him going in there at a low salary just to help his beloved team

Hollowheads first team talk;

"Right then lads, you know what this is all about.

If we could somehow work a miracle and sneak into the play-offs, fluke a win in the semi-final and the then win the final on penalties...........this time next year we could be playing they  SHIT HEAD BASTARDS" :grr:

Edited by myol'man

52 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

What a pathetic list of potential options (apart from the wildly optimistic one) https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-next-manager-pros-3649723

Hargreaves gotta be most likely out of that lot I would have thought... (thats if he's not planning to jump ship sometime soon … maybe he knows something CG knew too ! ;)

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I would be amazed if a first time manager in League One was on much more than about 50k a year, probably with some expenses on top of that.

As for his contract being paid up, you would guess there would be break clauses on both sides, can't imagine the Fewers would have needed to shell out the full term of the contract if he was doing a bad job and they wanted shot of him after 3 months.

Yeah there must have been a clause in his contract allowing him to leave if a bigger club came in for him .

:laughcont:

• Haha 3

Surely Sir Colin Daniel should take over as player coach? There is a strong connection between the clubs going back several years.

Bristol Rovers' 94-year stay in the Football League came to an end after they lost against Mansfield. 

The Pirates needed a draw at home to the Stags but found themselves behind after Colin Daniel volleyed in off the post in the 36th minute.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

He's not going back to QPR is he??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Their CEO has dropped some beautiful snippets into his interview besides the "any reasonable offer for their star striker considered" that was posted earlier. 

Other classics include no information about the new ground and fruit market because its not in the CEOs remit. 

And, the search for a new manager starts now. The club has a group of staff that has worked with the players and knows them well. But if someone from outside showed an interest the club would look at that option. 

So, make of those blatantly obvious statements what those on delusion central will ignore. 

Edited by Midlands Robin
Spelling

Graham Coughlan unveiled as new Mansfield Town manager

Coughlan is delighted to get a job at an ambitious club

"The opportunity to manage a club like Mansfield Town, with the ambition at this football club, the facilities, was an absolute mammoth attraction."

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/

Edited by myol'man
  • Haha 13
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Graham Coughlan unveiled as new Mansfield Town manager

Coughlan is delighted to get a job at an ambitious club

"The opportunity to manage a club like Mansfield Town, with the ambition at this football club, the facilities, was an absolute mammoth attraction."

Where things don’t take as much time....like NEVER!