IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

19 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Oh yeah, the old 120-miles-away ‘local derby’.  About as credible as the pundit who described Chester vs Chesterfield as a local derby...

I remember Jeff Stelling saying Cheltenham vs Exeter was a ‘local derby’ - 116 miles between them ... so, by that logic, Bristol City vs Brentford is a local derby ?! 

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

5 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Honestly looking back at our recent games - the gap is a hell of a lot narrower! Wake up Johnson!

We’re they all over Plymouth from start to finish tonight then?

Genuine question because I didn’t watch it. Reading back through comments on here they seemed to be struggling a bit at times tonight against lower league opposition.

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I remember Jeff Stelling saying Cheltenham vs Exeter was a ‘local derby’ - 116 miles between them ... so, by that logic, Bristol City vs Brentford is a local derby ?! 

Weather you consider Plymouth is a derby they will always think that way.

Of coarse Torquay and Exeter are their real local games but as you know BS4  games against us over the years have always been feisty occasions and well supported.

May be the fact I lived in Devon for many years, after Rovers Plymouth was always a big game for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

We’re they all over Plymouth from start to finish tonight then?

Genuine question because I didn’t watch it. Reading back through comments on here they seemed to be struggling a bit at times tonight against lower league opposition.

No they were not, but it was pacey the passing was fairly good and every ball was fought for - for both teams, I certainly don’t think the sags deserved to win, but to me it was important that no ball was ever given up on - every fan there got their money’s worth - would love to feel that way leaving the gate!

1 minute ago, dave36 said:

I certainly don’t think the sags deserved to win

Says a lot.

We’ve had 2 very poor games (after 2 very impressive wins) and they ran around a lot. Fair play if it gets them results but from the sound of it they probably wouldn’t have done much better against Millwall and Blackburn than we did.

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

Argyle looked a league above.

Thank you, backs up the other comments on here. 

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Aren’t the Stags L2?! ???- how hilarious is that?!

Indeed, however the Slags are L1 so a good comparison would be LJ dropping a division like ‘the cock’ has.

Makes you wonder how much of a state they are in behind the scenes doesn’t it?

• Like 1