IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

6,585 (188 away)

188?! Really?! ‘Local’ derby in the FA Cup?! I thought they “take massive numbers away, it’s just what we do...” - I really think if City was playing down there tonight in the most prestigious cup competition in the world, we’d have taken at least a grand ....they are a joke, their ‘massive following’ is just a myth ...

• Like 2

Well that statement from their CEO today more or less confirms what I’ve said previously would happen to them, and if his statement hasn’t finally got the alarm bells ringing to the Loyal and True then I don’t think they’ll ever realise before it’s too late.

GC leaves them for the bottom of L2.

Then today the CEO instead of saying this club is in the best position it’s been in for years and there is no chance we will be letting our best players go in Jan we are looking to strengthen our position and go for it, he’s basically inviting bids from clubs for anyone they’d like.

Enjoy what’s coming Sags, I know I will.

• Like 2

I had a quick look on Wikipedia to see if their goal scoring hero Clarke-Harris is cup tied or not and couldn't help noticing some odd facts about the Sags.

JCH's current team is Leeds United.

Bristol Rovers current manager is Ian Holloway and apprently Sag fans would chant "prowed to be a Gas head"

I always knew Wiki was a reliable source of information. ?

4 hours ago, dave36 said:

Hey I have no liking for the rovers fans, but I do like football and I watched some of one of the few games available tonight and was interested to see some good football, sadly lacking at home lately in BS3

You weren’t at the Huddersfield game them..?

I think that was less than 2 weeks ago ?‍♂️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I know mate but Rovers are L1 and their manager has gone to a club in the division below, that’s why I used LJ going to a club at the bottom of L1 as a comparison ?

Not really. Most Championship managers are probably earning £500k+ PA, minimum. Being one good season away from the premier league.

League one managers aren’t, anywhere near that, and by dropping to League 2 are only 1 bad season away from “doing a Bristol Rovers”

All very different..!  

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

I had a quick look on Wikipedia to see if their goal scoring hero Clarke-Harris is cup tied or not and couldn't help noticing some odd facts about the Sags.

JCH's current team is Leeds United.

Bristol Rovers current manager is Ian Holloway and apprently Sag fans would chant "prowed to be a Gas head"

I always knew Wiki was a reliable source of information. ?

Why would a player they signed last season be cup tied..?!

40 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why would a player they signed last season be cup tied..?!

I took it as though @Midlands Robin meant has JCH played in this seasons FA Cup for the Fewers so if he did move elsewhere in Jan then would he be eligible to play in the Cup for his new team or not. The answer is yes he’d be cup tied, he helped them to a momentous 1-1 draw at home v Bromley who played the last 20 minutes with 10 men. The minnows though went one better in the replay infront the of millions watching on TV by beating Bromley in their own backyard, where some belter in the away end thought it would be a great idea to throw a flare of some sort onto a plastic pitch ??

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I took it as though @Midlands Robin meant has JCH played in this seasons FA Cup for the Fewers so if he did move elsewhere in Jan then would he be eligible to play in the Cup for his new team or not. The answer is yes he’d be cup tied, he helped them to a momentous 1-1 draw at home v Bromley who played the last 20 minutes with 10 men. The minnows though went one better in the replay infront the of millions watching on TV by beating Bromley in their own backyard, where some belter in the away end thought it would be a great idea to throw a flare of some sort onto a plastic pitch ??

Ah yes, I can see that now. 
Cup tied or not, he wouldn’t be available for many cup games, because he gets injured so often. Has he ever played consistently for more than 6 months..?

Albeit, tonight he was probably just negotiating personal terms with Mansfield..! 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Well that statement from their CEO today more or less confirms what I’ve said previously would happen to them, and if his statement hasn’t finally got the alarm bells ringing to the Loyal and True then I don’t think they’ll ever realise before it’s too late.

GC leaves them for the bottom of L2.

Then today the CEO instead of saying this club is in the best position it’s been in for years and there is no chance we will be letting our best players go in Jan we are looking to strengthen our position and go for it, he’s basically inviting bids from clubs for anyone they’d like.

Enjoy what’s coming Sags, I know I will.

I would imagine any of the bigger clubs in league 1 and there are plenty of them will be sniffing around the Gas in January looking to pick up a bargain, they must have some decent players there but keeping them is a different matter and the big clubs in league 2 ie Mansfield will surely come calling.

and don’t forget Bromley had a perfectly good goal ruled out and in addition scored from a throw in (although as it didn’t bounce first or touch another player so again ruled out) . 

Edited by E.G.Red

Will the Gas be making an official complaint to last nights referee? 

Clearly he breached an unwritten contract by forgetting to award at least one penalty to them during the 90minutes of standard time.

Although I suppose as it was a cup game goal difference didn't come into it as long as they won. 

Bet they're still bloody miffed about it though, and did nobody even get red carded?  Scandalous! 

• Haha 1

The flare was thrown by a Bromley "fan", when they thought they'd scored - presumably a glory hunter who didn't know that they played on a plastic pitch. 

Edited by In the Net
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, In the Net said:

The flare was thrown by a Bromley "fan", when they thought they'd scored - presumably a glory hunter who didn't know that they played on a plastic pitch. 

I find that hard to believe, everyone knows that the worlds greatest fans outnumber the home support when away from home because it’s what they do’s apparently, proven last night at Plym...... ohhh.    Atleast the home attendances are still amaz..... ohhhh

26 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Will the Gas be making an official complaint to last nights referee? 

Clearly he breached an unwritten contract by forgetting to award at least one penalty to them during the 90minutes of standard time.

Although I suppose as it was a cup game goal difference didn't come into it as long as they won. 

Bet they're still bloody miffed about it though, and did nobody even get red carded?  Scandalous! 

They are gonna let this one pass this week as the Ref didn’t want to make things too obvious after already not awarding Plymouth a perfectly good goal.

45 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Been turnt down already by what must be their no.1 target ???

Barge Pole springs to mind.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-rovers-knocked-back-ex-3654550

Pretty decent names for them to be linked with tbf. But no doubt it’s all a smoke screen from their Board and the actual manager they appoint will be some unknown from the lower reaches again. 

24 minutes ago, lenred said:

Pretty decent names for them to be linked with tbf. But no doubt it’s all a smoke screen from their Board and the actual manager they appoint will be some unknown from the lower reaches again. 

Or from talksport and Quest 

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, lenred said:

You say 'linked with them' but he clearly doesn't want to be linked with them.

They could ask Klopp and get a similar reaction. 

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

From the Post article on Jones.

’ It is understood that Jones, having managed in the second tier, isn't quite ready to drop down into League One unless he feels it's to a club who can be considered Championship-ready, both on and off the field.‘ 

:rofl2br:

He’d be an absolute clown to of gone there, not just for the obvious reasons either. Given that most managers who have been sacked these days continue to have their contracts paid until they find a new position, and given the money he was probably on at Stoke to the pittance those losers would offer he’d mad to take the job. 

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Linked yes, any of them likely to be interested? No chance. The exception being Skeletor who has previously said he wouldn’t go back there under Wally after not receiving a response from them after applying for the job when Cockman was appointed. More BS from that clown, give him the job I say, be a match made in hell for them.

Another significant consideration for prospective managers to think about is the existence of this, now legendary, notorious Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread here on OTIB.

Its a factor, having seen the constant gamut of scrutiny and ridicule suffered by predecessors' that they will find themselves embroiled in if they dare to go over to The Darkside and face the unavoidable wrath of the dreaded Dustbin Thread. 

** Hey Boys, you have been warned! ** 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

From the Post article on Jones.

’ It is understood that Jones, having managed in the second tier, isn't quite ready to drop down into League One unless he feels it's to a club who can be considered Championship-ready, both on and off the field.‘ 

:rofl2br:

but.... but.... Their sprinklers ARE championship ready!

just dont ask about the plans for a new stadium, stands tents at their exising dump, training ground, disabled persons stand, new facilities beyond the new bar entrance canopy, their playing staff, their finances, transfer budget or the owners.