IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

22 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

The fact they would try to go for Jones, someone they can't afford & would go nowhere near them, proves how amateur their setup is. 

This might have been a cunning plan. Publicise an approach for a well know manger, with zero chance of success, just to keep the fans happy. Then appoint a cheap option. 

• Admin
40 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

The fact they would try to go for Jones, someone they can't afford & would go nowhere near them, proves how amateur their setup is. 

Without wanting to defend the blue few, the reason behind this was Martin Starnes knows him from their days at Yeovil, But I don't expect that there was much in it other than that

I don't know why I can't take this opening seriously from here . . https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-rovers-knocked-back-ex-3654550

image.png

Why do I have an image of a Laurence of Arabia type person riding their camel down Gloucester Road

• Haha 1

Wally now down to a shortlist of 2 for the managerial vacancy:

Mr William Smart

Mr James Chipperfield

They will eventually find some clown to perform under their big top.

Actually, my money is on the bargain basement option of the caretaker manager unless he follows Cock Man to Mansfield.

Edited by wendyredredrobin

22 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Wally now down to a shortlist of 2 for the managerial vacancy:

Mr William Smart

Mr James Chipperfield

They will eventually find some clown to perform under their big top.

Actually, my money is on the bargain basement option of the caretaker manager unless he follows Cock Man to Mansfield.

Please show a little respect to Mr Coughlan if you please. 

He has built them up just so they can fall  further .

The way he left is the funniest thing to happen in the last ten days. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Please let it be hollowhead pure comedy genius thick as shit is the man my ribs are already aching at the thought of the utter guff this fool spews

Fantastic if it happened, but Hollowhead has already said that he wouldn't work for Wally. In any event, I would imagine he is out of their price range by a mile.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Without wanting to defend the blue few, the reason behind this was Martin Starnes knows him from their days at Yeovil, But I don't expect that there was much in it other than that

I don't know why I can't take this opening seriously from here . . https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-rovers-knocked-back-ex-3654550

image.png

Why do I have an image of a Laurence of Arabia type person riding their camel down Gloucester Road

Dare I say it? Ticks all the boxes - cheap, malleable, knows Starnes.

#announceDarrenWay

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Fantastic if it happened, but Hollowhead has already said that he wouldn't work for Wally. In any event, I would imagine he is out of their price range by a mile.

Hi Wendy. When did Mr. H say this? According to an interview with him published today, he wasn't going to apply but if they contacted him he would go for the job. That's my take on it!

3 hours ago, cityal said:

but.... but.... Their sprinklers ARE championship ready!

just dont ask about the plans for a new stadium, stands tents at their exising dump, training ground, disabled persons stand, new facilities beyond the new bar entrance canopy, their playing staff, their finances, transfer budget or the owners.

The Colony was a “Game Changer” wasn’t it?

5 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

You say 'linked with them' but he clearly doesn't want to be linked with them.

They could ask Klopp and get a similar reaction. 

It doesn’t say anything about Heckingbottom not wanting to be linked with them unless I’ve missed something?  He would be an impressive coup for them imho - certainly a step up from Coughlan and the dog fondler ( Jones is complete pie in the sky).   Won’t happen though.  

3 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Hi Wendy. When did Mr. H say this? According to an interview with him published today, he wasn't going to apply but if they contacted him he would go for the job. That's my take on it!

Wasn’t Holloway miffed when he applied for the roverzzz job when GC got it but didn’t even get a reply? But I’ve heard the same as you - he would be open to discussions if the club contacted him ....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wasn’t Holloway miffed when he applied for the roverzzz job when GC got it but didn’t even get a reply? But I’ve heard the same as you - he would be open to discussions if the club contacted him ....

whilst they are being turned down by other candidates I’m not sure that Holloway’s ego could cope with being fifth or sixth choice on the list.

He wants to be ‘ wanted ‘ when obviously he isn’t, so I can’t see him swallowing his pride and accepting an approach now .

Why would anyone want to turn the gas down, I mean, they’re bigger than Sunderland now......

Hudson1883 Avatar
Hudson1883
First Team
about an hour ago

Weeezord said:
I read somewhere about Sunderland putting a 600k price tag on JCH.

I had to laugh, but sounds about right. Other clubs putting THEIR price tags on OUR players. 

Especially for what would be, a backwards move
  • Haha 3