IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

28 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

whilst they are being turned down by other candidates I’m not sure that Holloway’s ego could cope with being fifth or sixth choice on the list.

He wants to be ‘ wanted ‘ when obviously he isn’t, so I can’t see him swallowing his pride and accepting an approach now .

Wants to be wanted by a club that needs to be needed .

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

the irish bloke must think he is in heaven,hes now got real football grandstands where he works,with real football seats,normal 5 digit fans,no camel dung to pick up,no grotty grotto, the list goes on,oh,and real employers with a bit of real money.

and closer to his family (Sheffield?) - he’s dodged a real bullet - wish him luck ...

2 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Why would anyone want to turn the gas down, I mean, they’re bigger than Sunderland now......

Hudson1883 Avatar
Hudson1883
First Team
about an hour ago

Weeezord said:
I read somewhere about Sunderland putting a 600k price tag on JCH.

I had to laugh, but sounds about right. Other clubs putting THEIR price tags on OUR players. 

Especially for what would be, a backwards move

Well, according to some of them they’re bigger than quite a few Championship clubs.

Sunderland with their huge all seater stadium, recent Premier League history, double FA Cup winners, 6 times League Champions and 30,000 crowds in L1 are positively tinpot compared to the ‘mighty’ gas.

Deluded idiots. 

11 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Well, according to some of them they’re bigger than quite a few Championship clubs.

Sunderland with their huge all seater stadium, recent Premier League history, double FA Cup winners, 6 times League Champions and 30,000 crowds in L1 are positively tinpot compared to the ‘mighty’ gas.

Deluded idiots. 

Stadium of Light or Stadium of Shite? Decisions decisions, JCH.....

8 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Here's one to throw into the mix, Gas

Neil Shipperley

The bloke would be IDEAL.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-50839639

He believed getting caught doing this was less embarrassing than taking the Rover's job...

Mind you, it would give a whole new meaning to "coming for us"

Edited by RedLionLad
  • Like 1

Love the thread on ‘What Improvement Next’ - the OP listing the improvements to The Swamp under Wally.

Bewildered how they’ve overlooked Santa’s Grotto,  the (assumed) part-finished pergola structure for their disabled supporters and the porch canopy over the stand entrance door, hailed as ‘Ground Improvement  of the Year 2017’.

On 17/12/2019 at 14:18, WhistleHappy said:
1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

From the Post 

‘ Bristol Rovers academy manager Chris Hargreaves is reportedly now the front runner to move into the vacant manager's position at the club.‘

:rofl2br:

What no Holloway ?

Hargreaves gotta be most likely out of that lot I would have thought... (thats if he's not planning to jump ship sometime soon … maybe he knows something CG knew too ! ;)

Hmm, just as I thought.. ?

Lee Johnson. Club stalwart and decent managerial reputation at Oldham then Barnsley. 

Steve Cotterill, good reputation at Cheltenham, Forest etc etc etc

Sean O’Driscoll, (before joining us) pedigree as one of the best coaches outside the PL  

versus

Scooby Doo, ex Salisbury then

Father Ted, ex God knows where,

now the Academy Manager (basically a Scout Leader). 

Mind the Gap. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Bants

.....and they chuckled at ‘the mass exodus of rats leaving the sinking ship’ (their words) when we sold Mags, Joe, Bobby and Aden - then looked a bit chastened when we scooped the best of £25m with those sales, before upgrading not long after with Webster and three Chelsea players .... every time they think they can laugh at us their club quickly makes them look ridiculous, tinpot and forever small-time - like now, when it looks like their management team is buggering off to league two Mansfield ...??

• Like 2