IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The key difference is that City fans do that and your fans don't.

This oddly is taken as a badge of pride by Rovers' fans who see themselves as super loyal compared to the fickle teds.

Sometimes you need a change of ownership.  I'm very happy with the City board but I don't see why the Rovers' fans are so passive when their board is running up debts of £3m a year against the ground.

City is making much bigger losses (£25m operating losses, this year offset by £36m profits on player sales) but these are being regularly converted to equity (= written off when you already own 95% of the club) and all small shareholders were offered their full money back last month with many of them,  including me, taking that.  You wouldn't get anything like that offer for your supporters club shares.

Rovers' fans are like frogs being slowly boiled; when the club loses its ground and starts "temporarily" renting at Twerton or The Lawn will there be "sack the board" protests even then?

What will it take? Playing in the Downs League and operating out of a garden shed; keeping yourselves warm on a winter's day by hugging tight around you your supreme loyalty compared to them gurt fickle teds playing in the Premiership in their state of the art stadium.

The way their 'crowds' are dwindling, there won't be any fans left to protest by the time they would get round to it.

22 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

Looks like Ben Garner is going to be manager there.

Really surprised by this because, trying to be as unbiased as possible, I think it’s actually a very good appointment by the sags. Very inexperienced but he’s rated really highly by a lot of top managers. Think it’s a much better appointment than a Nathan Jones or a Hollowhead would’ve been. In terms of realism for the sags, I think this is genuinely the best appointment they could’ve made.

Ben Garner, if he lands the plum job, was working in India with Coppell, it seems. Can't decide if that makes him Agent Garner or the bloke to avenge whatever went wrong with Copps & finally put the Gas in their rightful place above us. Or maybe he became interested in saving endangered species in India. Certainly some scope at the Mem. Those crisps for a start.

4 minutes ago, RidgeRed said:

Ben Garner, if he lands the plum job, was working in India with Coppell, it seems. Can't decide if that makes him Agent Garner or the bloke to avenge whatever went wrong with Copps & finally put the Gas in their rightful place above us. Or maybe he became interested in saving endangered species in India. Certainly some scope at the Mem. Those crisps for a start.

Never heard of him.

With rovers hoof ball style of football seeing them in the top 6 of a piss poor league  , leads me to wonder if they were to get promoted , would it financially cripple them ? 
I know they’ve needed gates if circa. 10 k every week to break even , 

but with a promotion in turn means higher players wages albeit with the same gates every week ! 

12 minutes ago, kivsy said:

With rovers hoof ball style of football seeing them in the top 6 of a piss poor league  , leads me to wonder if they were to get promoted , would it financially cripple them ? 
I know they’ve needed gates if circa. 10 k every week to break even , 

but with a promotion in turn means higher players wages albeit with the same gates every week ! 

Why would it mean higher wages,the gates would rise tho to about 11k as per usual when they have so called success 

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

8030 . 4th in the league massive game. Fans will flock back now the negative Irishman has gone. Pathetic but I suppose Xmas will be the excuse. Tinpot 

Not such a surprise that no one goes to see them when their own fans forum appears to be advertising cheap tickets for upcoming Premiership fixtures.

09083015-6A91-4A12-8161-3E473ECEC751.jpeg

7 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

They do have a reputation for theft, throughout the club. Changing room thefts, Players convicted of burglary, Supporters club employees convicted of theft, Rugby grounds, attempted theft of proper football grounds.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

The gift that keep on err, TAKING!

1 hour ago, freezer said:

My son is taking part in a social experiment. 

He has to wear a Bristol Rovers top for 2 weeks to see how people react. 

So far he has been spat at, punched and verbally abused. 

It will be interesting to see what happens when he leaves the house. 

One like wasn't enough. 

Bravo.

• Like 3