IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

That proper made me chuckle.

I've heard most obvious 'bants' joke before, but not that one!

Me too. Thanks for sharing. Made I chuckle too. 

But annoyingly, edit won't let me change laugh to l a f f

Criminal on a Bristolian forum! 

FTG

Edited by freezer

1 hour ago, Rich said:

They do have a reputation for theft, throughout the club. Changing room thefts, Players convicted of burglary, Supporters club employees convicted of theft, Rugby grounds, attempted theft of proper football grounds.

Goes back further , Jim Eadie (goalkeeper) was done for nicking a TV and some pasties from their own social club I seem to recall.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The key difference is that City fans do that and your fans don't.

This oddly is taken as a badge of pride by Rovers' fans who see themselves as super loyal compared to the fickle teds.

Sometimes you need a change of ownership.  I'm very happy with the City board but I don't see why the Rovers' fans are so passive when their board is running up debts of £3m a year against the ground.

City is making much bigger losses (£25m operating losses, this year offset by £36m profits on player sales) but these are being regularly converted to equity (= written off when you already own 95% of the club) and all small shareholders were offered their full money back last month with many of them,  including me, taking that.  You wouldn't get anything like that offer for your supporters club shares.

Rovers' fans are like frogs being slowly boiled; when the club loses its ground and starts "temporarily" renting at Twerton or The Lawn will there be "sack the board" protests even then?

What will it take? Playing in the Downs League and operating out of a garden shed; keeping yourselves warm on a winter's day by hugging tight around you your supreme loyalty compared to them gurt fickle teds playing in the Premiership in their state of the art stadium.

I think you are kidding yourself, if things did start to go horribly wrong at City, there may be a few protests, but they would be as ineffectual as they are at any other club,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I think you are kidding yourself, if things did start to go horribly wrong at City, there may be a few protests, but they would be as ineffectual as they are at any other club,

They bring additional pressure to bear; they are reported in the press and the council and FA start taking an interest.

I am not claiming that four blokes waving a "sack the board" banner leads to instant resignation of the entire board and a change of ownership.

The corollary is that when nobody is holding such a protest that the press, council, and FA all assume that everything is fine and dandy.

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It’s clearly an enclosure for their disabled supporters, the fact that they would possibly be safer on the pitch is not the point! :)

No, seriously. What is it?

Have they gone full nativity and built a stable? Granted, the chances of finding 3 wise men and a virgin are remote, but I am struggling to see how a carport surrounded by broken tarmac looks after anyone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Didn't take long. No self awareness or thought of irony. 
One game top of the table , on a Saturday , at a ground you have not done for years.
The other, the Saturday before Christmas, 12pm on a Sunday and live on TV. 
This was shared on FB by a mate who is always on the windup, but hard not to bite sometimes.

Screenshot 2019-12-22 at 17.30.50.png

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

One game top of the table , on a Saturday , at a ground you have not done for years.
This was shared on FB by a mate who is always on the windup, but hard not to bite sometimes.

This from a club whose attendance for a home game yesterday between themselves in 4th place and the opposition in 2nd place barely limped over 8k.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I’ve encountered this bloke on Facebook before, he’s a cretin.

Maybe he’d like to say how many they took to Plymouth earlier in the week?

188 wasn’t it? 

Pathetic support but then, unlike Ipswich, it wasn’t a big day out at a ground they haven’t visited for 30 years. 

12 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Luckily that isn't my mate, who is just a wind up merchant. Though he did resort to the old % of home support that travel away shite.

Which is always a cracker because if your club had two fans and one of them went to all the away games, you’d have, on #gaslogic, the best supported team in the land!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

they've appointed Garner I see

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50892824

4 minutes ago, Highguy said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ben-garner-bristol-rovers-manager-3673290

just noticed that Tony Pulis apprentice has been given the job 

"Ben was the outstanding candidate for the role and someone who really stood out to us during the interview process," Rovers' chief executive Martyn Starnes told the club website. "once we realised that he would work for minimum wage and a monthly subscription to babe station, we knew he was the man for the job" 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3