IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

they've appointed Garner I see

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50892824

It's a strange appointment, giving someone their first club to run, but given his coaching experience it could be genius.

In keeping with the Fewers philosophy, it is a cheap appointment, and given when they sit in the league you would imagine that a lot of experience applied for it.

They might have the next great manager who has been looking for a break, or they may have a players revolt of their hands with questions such as, 'so what do YOU do in that situation when YOU were a player?'.

Either the wheels are going to come off their promotion bid quickly, or they will be a top 6 side till the end of the season.

6 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

Trying to be biased but genuinely think it’s a very good appointment, rated very highly by multiple top managers and was mentored by Mourinho. Also helped bring through Wan-Bissaka. Should be enough for them to make a good go of promotion imo and if they go up they can spend 3 months gloating before pulling a Yeovil

You really haven't got the gist of this thread, have you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

Trying to be biased but genuinely think it’s a very good appointment, rated very highly by multiple top managers and was mentored by Mourinho. Also helped bring through Wan-Bissaka. Should be enough for them to make a good go of promotion imo and if they go up they can spend 3 months gloating before pulling a Yeovil

If he is as good as some managers think he is then he wouldn’t be at a shit club like them.

"This could go one of two ways so I'm not sure about this.
However, it's better than Johnson, Cotterill and Holloway so I'm not disappointed.
Be interested to see what his style of play is.
Good luck Ben, hope it works out for us all."

Yes of course, so much better than 3 managers who have promotions and other honours on their CV's

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

However, it's better than Johnson, Cotterill and Holloway so I'm not disappointed.

Yes of course, so much better than 3 managers who have promotions and other honours on their CV's

Better then Johnson, Cotterill and Holloway....

.....yet doesn't know what style he plays 

Gas logic 

• Like 4

To be fair, this Garner bloke, from bits and bobs I've read of him, sounds like he may well be a decent appointment for the Gas... 

Could be the Christmas present they so desperately needed.  After losing GC so suddenly (& giving us yet another big laugh) .. it could be a case of 'every cloud has a silver lining' for them. 

However ...Let The Banter Begin, cant wait for the next 'gift' from the Mem.. Happy Christmas. ?

21 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

To be fair, this Garner bloke, from bits and bobs I've read of him, sounds like he may well be a decent appointment for the Gas... 

Could be the Christmas present they so desperately needed.  After losing GC so suddenly (& giving us yet another big laugh) .. it could be a case of 'every cloud has a silver lining' for them. 

However ...Let The Banter Begin, cant wait for the next 'gift' from the Mem.. Happy Christmas. ?

He's never been a manager and therefore totally unproven and a cheap gamble.

It may pay off but more usually career assistants flounder when given the reins as was the case with Brian Kidd and Peter Taylor.

I would be deeply unhappy with a similar appointment here.

Do you suffer the embarrassment of having a Sag in your extended family and being forced to spend time with them this Christmas?

That awkward moment when you have to make small talk, trying your best not to offend the poor Fewer by inadvertently highlighting their obvious inferiority? What the **** are you meant to say to these people, and what sort of Christmas present do you give them?

Well how about this fun card game, which would make the ideal stocking filler for those 'special few' in your life. 

1348258.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

If he is as good as some managers think he is then he wouldn’t be at a shit club like them.

He won't know a lot of the behind the scenes stuff. As a footballing coach with no experience of playing the game professionally a club, getting his first job at the top end of League One is quite fortunate, regardless of how good he is. Farke and Wilder started off at shit clubs to be fair. Either he'll be great and bring them up and will get poached and leave, Holloway will go there, take them down and then they'll be in financial ruin, or he'll be ****. 

11 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Johnson has a promotion on his cv?

I was behind a gashead couple in the supermarket earlier today. It’s the first time in ages I’ve seen any gas shirts in the wild.

Pair of utter dumbasses as you’d expect. They were arguing with the poor lady on the checkout because they wanted some turkey but the shop had sold out. After a bit of swearing they wandered out of the shop.

I don’t agree with Trump very often, but we really need to build a wall around Horfield to stop these people getting out amongst decent people.

42 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I was behind a gashead couple in the supermarket earlier today. It’s the first time in ages I’ve seen any gas shirts in the wild.

Pair of utter dumbasses as you’d expect. They were arguing with the poor lady on the checkout because they wanted some turkey but the shop had sold out. After a bit of swearing they wandered out of the shop.

I don’t agree with Trump very often, but we really need to build a wall around Horfield to stop these people getting out amongst decent people.

Hey, I live in Horfield.  There's a few living beyond enemy lines :city:

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

Very true. I never see rovers shirts . And I live north of the river . Gobble Gobble