IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

He's never been a manager and therefore totally unproven and a cheap gamble.

It may pay off but more usually career assistants flounder when given the reins as was the case with Brian Kidd and Peter Taylor.

I would be deeply unhappy with a similar appointment here.

Alan Dicks was an assistant manager at Coventry before he became our manager. He didn’t do too bad. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

We’ll have a tunnel to smuggle out the people who don’t have 14 fingers.

Just use the same one they used for visiting Ashton Gate when we used to actually play them every year.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

On 24/12/2019 at 06:48, Eddie Hitler said:

It may pay off but more usually career assistants flounder when given the reins as was the case with Brian Kidd and Peter Taylor.

Eh? Have you seen Peter Taylor’s record?! Four promotions as a Manager including winning a division as champions was it? And only lost two games as England’s U21 Manager? He didn’t ‘flounder’ ....

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Eh? Have you seen Peter Taylor’s record?! Four promotions as a Manager including winning a division as champions was it? And only lost two games as England’s U21 Manager? He didn’t ‘flounder’ ....

Cloughie's Peter Taylor, not the old Spurs player. ;)

• Like 2

On 24/12/2019 at 06:48, Eddie Hitler said:

11 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Cloughie's Peter Taylor, not the old Spurs player. ;)

Ah, sorry, I thought Eddie meant the guy who scored for Spurs in the 9-0 drubbing of the gas ....

On 24/12/2019 at 19:19, Vincent Vega said:

Unlucky da shit...!

Screenshot_20191224-191852_Twitter.thumb.jpg.f979d511e79b65acc87127275f77b824.jpg

Let’s take a look at the similarities then..

Small ground (including shit crowds) ✔️

Small Budget ✖️- B’mouth have been spending over their means for years now, R*vers record transfer fee is on par with what De Bruyne earns a week. 

Small Squad ✖️- Bournemouth don't really have that small a squad, just a ridiculously long injury list. Rovers have a small squad as they have no choice, they cannot afford the wages.

Enthusiastic Young Manager ✖️ - Eddie Howe by all means, but excuse my ignorance here but I’ve never even heard of this Garner bloke, someone who’s never managed a single game anywhere, yet bar a couple of them the Fewers all think it’s a great appointment.

Automatic promotion? - ???

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Let’s take a look at the similarities then..

Small ground (including shit crowds) ✔️

Small Budget ✖️- B’mouth have been spending over their means for years now, R*vers record transfer fee is on par with what De Bruyne earns a week. 

Small Squad ✖️- Bournemouth don't really have that small a squad, just a ridiculously long injury list. Rovers have a small squad as they have no choice, they cannot afford the wages.

Enthusiastic Young Manager ✖️ - Eddie Howe by all means, but excuse my ignorance here but I’ve never even heard of this Garner bloke, someone who’s never managed a single game anywhere, yet bar a couple of them the Fewers all think it’s a great appointment.

Automatic promotion? - ???

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

i think this gardner chap  has been mis employed to pick up fox poop and mow the grass

In Harry Redknapps book he said that when he first Managed Bournemouth, he was just happy if they found someone prepared to go around and pick up the dog poop from their local park, so they could train there.

There’s a similarity that hasn’t been mentioned. :)

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

In Harry Redknapps book he said that when he first Managed Bournemouth, he was just happy if they found someone prepared to go around and pick up the dog poop from their local park, so they could train there.

There’s a similarity that hasn’t been mentioned. :)

Carrying on from the notorious dog botherer Darryl Clarke.