IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

48 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

2nd at one point yesterday, can't even sell 9000

Embarrassing support.

On a side note, if you’re bored of ‘Johnson talk’ it’s worth taking a look on Sagchat where Gasheads who apparently NEVER talk about us have racked up 4 pages in less than 24 hours about an unfortunate incident that happened after our game yesterday (I’m sure most people have seen the video).

Never mind the fact that it appears that there may be more to it than meets the eye especially as the Police have confirmed they all knew each other, Sags of course are doing their ‘holier than thou’ act.

That’s the same Gasheads that introduced the World to ‘Boob Cricket’.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Hollow head missed out on the Sag job apparently and is linked with Grimsby...how the mighty have fallen. 

https://fanbanter.co.uk/ian-holloway-has-held-talks-with-league-two-club-to-become-their-manager/

When Grimsby had a fishing fleet, the club used to give a box of fish, as a present, to the visiting team. Not sure of the relevance of this info

On 22/12/2019 at 20:31, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I’ve encountered this bloke on Facebook before, he’s a cretin.

Maybe he’d like to say how many they took to Plymouth earlier in the week?

188 wasn’t it? 

Pathetic support but then, unlike Ipswich, it wasn’t a big day out at a ground they haven’t visited for 30 years. 

To be fair this whole thing IS embarrassing, however our last trip to Portman Rd was in 2012. There are enough things to embarrass us about without making up stuff! ?

On 25/12/2019 at 21:54, BCFC11 said:

Let’s take a look at the similarities then..

Small ground (including shit crowds) ✔️

Small Budget ✖️- B’mouth have been spending over their means for years now, R*vers record transfer fee is on par with what De Bruyne earns a week. 

Small Squad ✖️- Bournemouth don't really have that small a squad, just a ridiculously long injury list. Rovers have a small squad as they have no choice, they cannot afford the wages.

Enthusiastic Young Manager ✖️ - Eddie Howe by all means, but excuse my ignorance here but I’ve never even heard of this Garner bloke, someone who’s never managed a single game anywhere, yet bar a couple of them the Fewers all think it’s a great appointment.

Automatic promotion? - ???

You forgot;

Genuine billionaire owner? Win for the Cherries on this one, sadly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

When Grimsby had a fishing fleet, the club used to give a box of fish, as a present, to the visiting team. Not sure of the relevance of this info

They used to give two boxes to the Ref, that made sure the opposition were done up like a kipper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Eddie Large FFS.  He's Man City through and through.  The only gas he is interested is the stuff piped to his central heating boiler.

Exactly. The only connection to Rovers is pulling a name out of a hat. As it says......

“He lives locally in Portishead and, whilst he is not exactly a regular at the Gas, he drew the winners of the club's sponsorship raffle in 2009 when the partnership with Cowlin Construction ended.”

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Exactly. The only connection to Rovers is pulling a name out of a hat. As it says......

“He lives locally in Portishead and, whilst he is not exactly a regular at the Gas, he drew the winners of the club's sponsorship raffle in 2009 when the partnership with Cowlin Construction ended.”

Hahaha. Can't imagine that features too prominently on Eddie's CV.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Ronnie Size confirms the “family club” is racist to its core.

"I have been going since I was seven years old. From an early age I have seen and heard some awful things in the crowds.

"Bristol is well known for having that edge of racism in some parts of the city. I feel I have made a difference because of my musical journey."

9 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Ronnie Size confirms the “family club” is racist to its core.

"I have been going since I was seven years old. From an early age I have seen and heard some awful things in the crowds.

"Bristol is well known for having that edge of racism in some parts of the city. I feel I have made a difference because of my musical journey."

He`ll be disowned and outed as a gurt dirty ted now.

10 hours ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

To be fair this whole thing IS embarrassing, however our last trip to Portman Rd was in 2012. There are enough things to embarrass us about without making up stuff! ?

In fairness “making stuff up” is a bit harsh. I was going by when Rovers and Ipswich were last in the same division. I didn’t realise that the Gas had met Ipswich in a 1st round, midweek League Cup match since then. 

Either way, it was ridiculous for that dimwit to compare your Saturday attendance at Portman Road, a ground Rovers have barely visited in 30 years, with our trip to Hillsborough (a yearly event), lunchtime on a Sunday...also televised on Sky. But, like I say, the bloke is a whopper.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan