IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Already coming up with excuses for a possible low home crowd vs Coventry in the FA Cup.

Meanwhile Coventry fans just get on with it and sell nearly 2000 tickets in no time at all. 

Wonder what this Doughnut below would have to say about that and the 300 they took to Fleetwood yesterday? “We r da BeSt fans in Da Bristol un we r da one teem in brstol loyul n tru” probably. 

DD300D4D-0929-4018-80F7-A9982D603659.jpeg

I think you may have underestimated his grasp of the Queen`s English personally - I could almost understand that.

On 28/12/2019 at 23:04, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

In fairness “making stuff up” is a bit harsh. I was going by when Rovers and Ipswich were last in the same division. I didn’t realise that the Gas had met Ipswich in a 1st round, midweek League Cup match since then. 

Either way, it was ridiculous for that dimwit to compare your Saturday attendance at Portman Road, a ground Rovers have barely visited in 30 years, with our trip to Hillsborough (a yearly event), lunchtime on a Sunday...also televised on Sky. But, like I say, the bloke is a whopper.

Definitely agree with that...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JBFC II said:

They really are massive...

645B1158-2F70-4D8C-AD89-5AECFB97A09B.png

New Year's day, large ground, easy to get to and plenty of tickets available. What's stopping you having a large away following?

The Morecambe & Wise Christmas special is being repeated again on TV. No contest.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I see that the best fans in bristol are already turning on their manager....shock. God help him, he probably has no experience dealing with their level of bitterness and delusion.

Just had a quick look at their forum, seems they are turning on their regularly unfit top scorer now as well.

Chances are, he was told he would be sold in Jan to help balance the books and the club have now worked out that the market for players who have only really performed under one manager, are frequently injured and us unlikely to be good enough for Championship football is more limited than they imagine.

Unhappy player or a (fairly) cheap punt by a lower half Championship side is probably the best they can hope for.

Will 500k keep the wolf from the door? Or will these rumoured consortiums start to think it might be cheaper to buy the Fewers from the administrators, given that even with a 10pt deduction, they are pretty safe this season.

On 01/01/2020 at 16:53, JBFC II said:

They really are massive...

645B1158-2F70-4D8C-AD89-5AECFB97A09B.png

we played them at the old hockey stadium on a night game when gary Johnson was in charge ,think we were near the bottom of the league at the time think we took quite a few that night cant remember how many ,nice burgers though I do remember that .

20 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

we played them at the old hockey stadium on a night game when gary Johnson was in charge ,think we were near the bottom of the league at the time think we took quite a few that night cant remember how many ,nice burgers though I do remember that .

Took just over 1k according to the OS

4 minutes ago, DSTAF said:

Ah ?. How may did the slags take  this weekend then?

No idea sorry, I’m awful at judging numbers from a photo...

Just seen it was 1300, not awful but only a quarter of what we took whilst in league one...

Edited by JBFC II

32 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

That's decent enough, don't get why we are trying to take the piss when it's more than we took to Charlton

2 reasons.

1) they had train travel available to them, we didn’t.

2) apparently they travel everywhere in humongous numbers, we know this because they tell everyone...constantly. You’d think, listening to their bullshit, that they’d easily beat the 5k+ we took to MK, especially as they are in the hunt for promotion. 

Still, it’s better than the 3-500 they usually take away so well done them.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

2 reasons.

1) they had train travel available to them, we didn’t.

2) apparently they travel everywhere in humongous numbers, we know this because they tell everyone...constantly. You’d think, listening to their bullshit, that they’d easily beat the 5k+ we took to MK, especially as they are in the hunt for promotion. 

Still, it’s better than the 3-500 they usually take away so well done them.

I'm happy to laugh at the deluded idiots as much as the next person but I think taking 1200 to MK on a NYD isn't bad 

28 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

I'm happy to laugh at the deluded idiots as much as the next person but I think taking 1200 to MK on a NYD isn't bad 

Agreed not bad at all but they would have you think it's incredible. Something they do all the time and we don't. Btw Charlton was a complete pain in the ass getting to and from compared to previous times.