IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, JBFC II said:

No idea sorry, I’m awful at judging numbers from a photo...

Just seen it was 1300, not awful but only a quarter of what we took whilst in league one...

Ah but did you know the Fewers claim that they would take thousands more than what we currently do if they were in our position.

I don’t doubt that they would have a good away following if they did make it to the Championship (zero chance of that btw) hardly surprising as it’ll be cup finals every week for a little club like theirs and it’s shame it would only be a brief visit as they’d get relegated with the fewest amount of points in history. 

On their latest pipe dream of a stadium, whether it would effect them or those so say interested in the land or not I’m not sure but I know for a fact atleast 1 of the companies situated around that area have now lost over half of their warehouse due to it slowly subsiding into the river behind. Whether that effects the regeneration plans I’m unsure.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Ah but did you know the Fewers claim that they would take thousands more than what we currently do if they were in our position.

I don’t doubt that they would have a good away following if they did make it to the Championship (zero chance of that btw) hardly surprising as it’ll be cup finals every week for a little club like theirs and it’s shame it would only be a brief visit as they’d get relegated with the fewest amount of points in history. 

On their latest pipe dream of a stadium, whether it would effect them or those so say interested in the land or not I’m not sure but I know for a fact atleast 1 of the companies situated around that area have now lost over half of their warehouse due to it slowly subsiding into the river behind. Whether that effects the regeneration plans I’m unsure.

One thing that would probably be affected is their ludicrous “% of away support against home support” claim. You would imagine that curiosity alone would send their home crowds up, but those aren’t the kind of supporters that will suddenly start travelling away, hence their % figure will take a knock.

8 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Agreed not bad at all but they would have you think it's incredible. Something they do all the time and we don't. Btw Charlton was a complete pain in the ass getting to and from compared to previous times.

What was incredible was Pompey taking 5000  to MK on boxing day 

• Flames 1

I’ve just read, in the Post, that Holloway has bought £100k of shares in Grimsby FC. Is it any wonder he got the job?  This must be unique, a manager paying a club money to give him a job. He also has a seat on the board, which means he can vote against any motions to give him the sack. 

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

I’ve just read, in the Post, that Holloway has bought £100k of shares in Grimsby FC. Is it any wonder he got the job?  This must be unique, a manager paying a club money to give him a job. He also has a seat on the board, which means he can vote against any motions to give him the sack. 

Unlucky da fish !

• Haha 5

20 hours ago, Jim Davey said:

we played them at the old hockey stadium on a night game when gary Johnson was in charge ,think we were near the bottom of the league at the time think we took quite a few that night cant remember how many ,nice burgers though I do remember that .

Wasnt their issues at the turnstiles or something? Causing our fans to miss like 20 mins of the game?

46 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Wasnt their issues at the turnstiles or something? Causing our fans to miss like 20 mins of the game?

And Brooker's 2 minute goal, the only goal of the match!

We had to line up at the ticket office, that only had one window open before going to the turnstile, and I think it was round the other side of the ground!!!!

Edited by adamski

16 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

• Haha 2

On 01/01/2020 at 19:39, myol'man said:

Didn't we take over 5,000 last time?

We have played them since, first season in the Championship and a couple of games after LJ took over. If I remember correctly we won 2-0.

Despite being in the bottom four at the time we still took over 2200, that’s about a thousand more than the Gas managed on Wednesday and they’re fighting for the Play Offs.

But then according to them they travel everywhere in huge numbers and their away support is miles better than ours so there you go....

• Like 2

Am I the only one bored shitless by this constant, played to death already piss-taking and sniping about travelling numbers?  Its pointless, boring, playground like, and means **** all, WTF is there to boast about having better travelling numbers than, lets face it, pretty much irrelevant neighbours.?  It getting almost embarrassing on our part now, childlike 'banter'.

Lets stick to the genuinely amusing banter created by their own habit of providing us with regular gifts that keep on giving... It wont be long before they give us something out of the blue that is really worth commenting on.

Do we really give a shit how many of 'em pile into their minibuses for trips up and down the frigging motorways?, we've laughed at ridiculous claims from some of them around being superfans …. To be honest I really couldn't give a shit if they actually did have numbers rivalling ours.. It is a shit topic.

Keep an eye out for their next 'gift' though, something worth responding to will be along soon, sure as day follows night.

COYR's

(PS, I know loads of what I post must bug many of you big time, but if I'm allowed one more moan for now, can I say how much the overuse of the word 'DELUDED' really, really, bugs the shite out of me, f'ing deluded this, deluded that … argggh! )

Edited by WhistleHappy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

But then according to them they travel everywhere in huge numbers

Hardly surprising , is it. 

Fleetwood

On here ..............  300
Their manager .... 400
Their forum ......... 500

The more they talk numbers, the higher they get. Not even sure what the correct figure was.
Thing is, they do travel in decent, reasonable  numbers. It's just they always have to exaggerate. 

11 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Am I the only one bored shitless by this constant, played to death already piss-taking and sniping about travelling numbers?  Its pointless, boring, playground like, and means **** all, WTF is there to boast about having better travelling numbers than, lets face it, pretty much irrelevant neighbours.?  It getting almost embarrassing on our part now, childlike 'banter'.

Lets stick to the genuinely amusing banter created by their own habit of providing us with regular gifts that keep on giving... It wont be long before they give us something out of the blue that is really worth commenting on.

Do we really give a shit how many of 'em pile into their minibuses for trips up and down the frigging motorways?, we've laughed at ridiculous claims from some of them around being superfans …. To be honest I really couldn't give a shit if they actually did have numbers rivalling ours.. It is a shit topic.

Keep an eye out for their next 'gift' though, something worth responding to will be along soon, sure as day follows night.

COYR's

(PS, I know loads of what I post must bug many of you big time, but if I'm allowed one more moan for now, can I say how much the overuse of the word 'DELUDED' really, really, bugs the shite out of me, f'ing deluded this, deluded that … argggh! )

I've been off the radar a little so I'm sure this gift was picked up at the original article date of 12th December but they had quite a funny reminder yesterday. Since they can no longer pass tickets through the fence, they're saving the pennies through purchasing Junior tickets instead. 

image.png.895dbe321d3ed0f768fe5ae3ffca4b28.png

The club has become increasingly aware of reports of adult supporters entering the stadium on Junior tickets.

Numerous reports over the past few games have been made of adult supporters gaining access to the stadium on concession tickets. This act, not only represents a breach of ground regulations but also has a negative effect on the clubs finances and the majority of law-abiding supporters that pay their way.

For the match with Peterborough and moving forward, there will be increased checks on supporters tickets to ensure that supporters are using a ticket within the correct age band. Any supporters not in the correct bracket will be removed from the stadium.

In addition to this, anyone wishing to purchase a ticket or tickets from the ticket office will be required to provide proof of age for all of those attending.

We urge all supporters to think twice before engaging in such fraudulent activity as this really does have a negative impact on the club. We would also like to thank the majority of supporters for their unwavering support and understanding.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

13 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

COYR's

I get your point but the whole thing about the away attendances is their complete delusion that they constantly take thousands away . Many more thousands than us. 
We all know we’re not that well supported north of Birmingham and accept it . Whilst they continue to peddle the myth , we’ll keep highlighting their lies. 

2 hours ago, InCyder said:

I've been off the radar a little so I'm sure this gift was picked up at the original article date of 12th December but they had quite a funny reminder yesterday. Since they can no longer pass tickets through the fence, they're saving the pennies through purchasing Junior tickets instead. 

image.png.895dbe321d3ed0f768fe5ae3ffca4b28.png

The club has become increasingly aware of reports of adult supporters entering the stadium on Junior tickets.

Numerous reports over the past few games have been made of adult supporters gaining access to the stadium on concession tickets. This act, not only represents a breach of ground regulations but also has a negative effect on the clubs finances and the majority of law-abiding supporters that pay their way.

For the match with Peterborough and moving forward, there will be increased checks on supporters tickets to ensure that supporters are using a ticket within the correct age band. Any supporters not in the correct bracket will be removed from the stadium.

In addition to this, anyone wishing to purchase a ticket or tickets from the ticket office will be required to provide proof of age for all of those attending.

We urge all supporters to think twice before engaging in such fraudulent activity as this really does have a negative impact on the club. We would also like to thank the majority of supporters for their unwavering support and understanding.

they probably noticed this by only having 7 sittings in santas grotty with 5000 kids in attendance over xmas

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

I get your point but the whole thing about the away attendances is their complete delusion that they constantly take thousands away . Many more thousands than us. 
We all know we’re not that well supported north of Birmingham and accept it . Whilst they continue to peddle the myth , we’ll keep highlighting their lies. 

I'm not really interested in their collective mental health re delusion etc... and I'm even less interested in their inability to count properly, I'm sure that has something to do with the varying amount of digits they have between them on each hand.... 

I dont think any of this should be of concern to us ….

These are Ecumenical Matters, leave them to the Bashing Bishops and actresses. ?

F e c k!!! … D r i n k!!!..  

Edited by WhistleHappy
  • Haha 3