IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Bigger attendance in this round than the last with fewer away supporters. They obviously fancied their chances of reaching Wembley so broke their boycott. Don't listen to the "we didn't want to win it" bollocks - they really did!

Of course they did.

They’re desperate. We’re the most successful club in a competition that many call ‘tinpot’ yet they can’t even win the thing once. How consistently shit have you got to be?? ?

14 minutes ago, freezer said:

Help me out here, I'm missing a game somewhere. He became manager of the gash on the 23rd December. I've got Wimbledon (lost), Fleetwood (drew), Don's (lost), Coventry (drew), Stevenage (lost). 

Which result am I missing? 

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

5 games I think but still funny!

Radio Bristol were saying 6. 
Think it must have counted the Peterborough draw. 

6 minutes ago, freezer said:

Yes, I heard that too but it confused me. 

It's still a cracking start for the new man at the helm of the pirate ship though ?

He’s certainly taking them in the right direction, after the Irish idiot hadn’t read the script..! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st andrews gas said:

Not at a home match if you mean Stevenage- joke competition-'bickering'- no..'rivals'..no- because frankly you lot don't matter even if in a league above us..but some prats need a peegging down- and you sure have a lot on here..

Only a prat could spell pegging like that.

ShIt Club, Shit Fans

1 hour ago, kivsy said:

Non scoring Nichols strikes again .... or maybe not ?

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Non scoring Nichols 'on strike' again...

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

He didn’t play!

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Typical performance then...

He's been let go...

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-tom-nichols-told-can-3717629

3 hours ago, st andrews gas said:

Not at a home match if you mean Stevenage- joke competition-'bickering'- no..'rivals'..no- because frankly you lot don't matter even if in a league above us..but some prats need a peegging down- and you sure have a lot on here..

No ,that's your tents (I'm making allowances for you and assume you mean  pegging, but I digress) ...so you'e the one to do it?

1 hour ago, bristolmoose said:

From that link - "Tom Nichols has been told by Bristol Rovers he can leave in the January transfer window. The 26-year-old forward has made 28 appearances for the Gas this season in all competitions, scoring four goals - the most he has netted in a single campaign for Rovers."

So they are letting him go during his current "hot streak" ? - ofc we are using the term "hot streak" in a very broad sense here

12 minutes ago, cityal said:

From that link - "Tom Nichols has been told by Bristol Rovers he can leave in the January transfer window. The 26-year-old forward has made 28 appearances for the Gas this season in all competitions, scoring four goals - the most he has netted in a single campaign for Rovers."

So they are letting him go during his current "hot streak" ? - ofc we are using the term "hot streak" in a very broad sense here

They actually stopped referring to him as being a striker.

12 hours ago, st andrews gas said:

1. Learn to spell.
2. Learn punctuation.
3. Stop crying.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

How about the guy who replaced him , Dennis Rofe ? Those really were the halycon days of Gas managers.

Dennis Smith being our manager at the same time which lead to the classic song " There's only one Dennis in Bristol one Dennis in Bristol there's only one Dennis in Bristol"

Edited by Barry Sheene