IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, bert tann said:

The show must go on Stevie.

Leaving Bristol won't mean the end of Rovers, we will just be "a club on the move" again

Will the league sanction a move outside of the city? Coventry encountered all sorts of obstacles when they tried and the situation wasn`t really of their making.

R*vers however...…...………...……...…..

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Unless there are outgoings on the horizon?

There already have been but in their jubilation over Alf Garner's anointment most of our fans haven't noticed.

Our former manager and his assistant both left but only Alf came in to replace them so that's one salary lost. And  a few months back our esteemed head of medical sciences, Doctor Marcus Wellbeing MD, disappeared  and was replaced by the cardboard cut out of a St John's Ambulance Service volunteer.

• Haha 13

56 minutes ago, bert tann said:

As I understand it the juvenile member of the family (aged 50) would do anything to keep up the pretense of being a football club owner and this is why his elder brother is handling all negotiations which are taking place out of the country.

The latest offer will have to be accepted to enable the 2019 accounts to be finalised.  

Cheltenham Town or Forest Green Rovers are likely relocation venues.

Sounds feasible Bert. Never to return I suspect. Could Rovers rent the Lawns after FGR move? 

25 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Will the league sanction a move outside of the city? Coventry encountered all sorts of obstacles when they tried and the situation wasn`t really of their making.

R*vers however...…...………...……...…..

Where would they go in Bristol if the ground was sold? League can't stop the ground sale. 

16 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Sounds feasible Bert. Never to return I suspect. Could Rovers rent the Lawns after FGR move? 

If they're looking for a vacant ground then the Avanhard Stadium in Pripyat is still unused. 

Better condition than their current dump too. 

Edited by Chris_Brown
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, bert tann said:

There already have been but in their jubilation over Alf Garner's anointment most of our fans haven't noticed.

Our former manager and his assistant both left but only Alf came in to replace them so that's one salary lost. And  a few months back our esteemed head of medical sciences, Doctor Marcus Wellbeing MD, disappeared  and was replaced by the cardboard cut out of a St John's Ambulance Service volunteer.

You are, without doubt, my favourite poster on OTIB ?

2 hours ago, bert tann said:

As I understand it the juvenile member of the family (aged 50) would do anything to keep up the pretense of being a football club owner and this is why his elder brother is handling all negotiations which are taking place out of the country.

The latest offer will have to be accepted to enable the 2019 accounts to be finalised.  

Come on Bert, haven’t you got delusions of grandeur suggesting Cheltenham or Forest Green? More likely a ground share with Manor Farm of Mangotsfield. 

7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

The logic might actually be more based in reality than you think... with a couple of glaring omissions by our Blue friend.

Land in Bristol commands quite a premium.

The land the stadium sits on is the only thing with any value (unless you chance upon someone who just happens to want a stadium).

With the debt they have secured against the stadium, the stadium is worthless.

Basically, Wally can get his cash back and leave them homeless.

No problem for the Roving Rovers …  'Have Tent Will Travel!'

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Natchfever said:

Where would they go in Bristol if the ground was sold? League can't stop the ground sale. 

Fruit Market. Mahoosive 40,000 seat stadium so almost 50% of their ‘true fan base’ can go to the games, as long as they don’t have to give up too many seats to tin-pot away teams like Sunderland and Bolton. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Wally said they`d be in there in two years about six months ago so all good for the 21/22 season I should think. The build must be progressing nicely - I`ve not heard of any problems so I`m sure it is.

Not even noticed an upturn in lorries and associated traffic. 

Considerate constructors scheme is clearly an excellent one. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, bert tann said:

I thought (hoped) Blythe Spartans or Berwick Rangers would be a better economic and demographic fit.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Wally said they`d be in there in two years about six months ago so all good for the 21/22 season I should think. The build must be progressing nicely - I`ve not heard of any problems so I`m sure it is.

TBF to Wael , I think when he gives deadlines, he is using them in the Boris Johnson sense, rather than the way normal people use them.

• Haha 4

UWE died without a trace, The fruit market seems to have died a death too.  Training ground?  Whatever happened to that?  Wally promised a new stand and bought them a second hand bus stop.

They seemed to be doing OK under Cockman, but even he had no support and bailed out.  They don't seem very keen on the new bloke though, do they? and dumped out of the cup by the mighty Stevenage too.

• Like 3