IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Unless they find a saviour it was always inevitable that it would go tits up, losing 60k per week isn't sustainable with revenue from low attendances and relatively poor commercial revenue.

Their owners will have to sell up soon with or without the football club being involved as they've just about exhausted any equity in the ground and land. They do have their striker to sell which could keep them afloat for a few months but thats about it. 

Unless a takeover is forthcoming (doubtful unless it is a really wealthy supporter or group of supporters), they will be moving again and in subsequent danger of going out of business. 

Should have happened some time ago - but these things take time, print that bastard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

UWE died without a trace, The fruit market seems to have died a death too.  Training ground?  Whatever happened to that?  Wally promised a new stand and bought them a second hand bus stop.

They seemed to be doing OK under Cockman, but even he had no support and bailed out.  They don't seem very keen on the new bloke though, do they? and dumped out of the cup by the mighty Stevenage too.

Are you suggesting that despite the fact it was all systems go for UWE and things were looking good, and that they were 4th in the league and in with a realistic chance of promotion things seem to be going wrong?

In so far that the owners were unable to complete the stadium deal probably because it was going to cost them money they didn't have to spend, and that they somehow managed to lose the manager who got them to their highest league position in years to a club in a lower division....

And still their fans haven't got themselves organised to challenge the leaders/fans director about any of it. 

Far be it for me to say they've been complicit in this, but they have done nothing to try and influence change.

And long may that continue. 

What is it, 10pt deduction for admin these days?

• Like 2

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15672/financially-great-position?page=1

Wow. 

Losing money seems to be a favourite pastime at the Mem.

No wonder they are losing so much money. If a lad who they're loaning out is being paid 4.5k a week, you have to wonder what some of the others are making. The non-scorer they paid for must be on a decent wedge as well.

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Their owners will have to sell up soon with or without the football club being involved as they've just about exhausted any equity in the ground and land. They do have their striker to sell which could keep them afloat for a few months but thats about it. 

I don't think £300k will last more than a few weeks.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Is he as big a liar as Boris? 

I actually think they are quite similar. I know we probably don't want this to turn into a political debate, but both of them have form for telling out and out lies and getting away with it. They must both think to themselves that they can say anything they like, because they will never really be held to account for it when the truth comes out.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bless 'em, one of the Fewers is suggesting that their goal-machine Tom Nichols (or whatever he's called) never found his shooting boots because Rovers are too big for him, and that too many people watch him play.

Hahaha, yes...I imagine it must have been terrifying for Nichols, a professional footballer for several years, to suddenly have to play in front of 6/7k every 2 weeks.   

?

Such a ‘Gas’ thing to say...

Apparently we’re the deluded ones though, that’s what they tell us ?

15 hours ago, bert tann said:

As I understand it the juvenile member of the family (aged 50) would do anything to keep up the pretense of being a football club owner and this is why his elder brother is handling all negotiations which are taking place out of the country.

The latest offer will have to be accepted to enable the 2019 accounts to be finalised.  

Cheltenham Town or Forest Green Rovers are likely relocation venues.

Blimey!  That wasn't very cryptic, things must be serious..................

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I actually think they are quite similar. I know we probably don't want this to turn into a political debate, but both of them have form for telling out and out lies and getting away with it. They must both think to themselves that they can say anything they like, because they will never really be held to account for it when the truth comes out.

Sounds like Lee Johnson! 

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Leave Boris Johnson alone . Anyway come on Doncaster United 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Unlike Tony Bliar? Or Obama, Putin, or in fact about 99% of self serving Politicians.... Anyway leave the politics off this thread.

Up the United....

Gassy
Club Legend

Gassy Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 174 posts
14 minutes ago via mobile gasandelectricity likes this
Post Options

Post by Gassy on 14 minutes ago

The state of that defending is a joke. 3 players just stand there and watch them do as they please.

Garner has ripped apart everything good and replaced it with absolute sh**.

Liking their new gaffer more by the day. :)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1