IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Potentially, another gift for us to enjoy.

http://gasheads.org/thread/8694/ken-masters-banned

If I understand correctly, he is the fans director. So that'll be the fans representative of a club in a financial hole with no voice to challenge the club with!

Still, I'm sure they'll be all over this and demanding answer... it's what they do*.

*Actually, it isn't what they do, quite the opposite, it's exactly what they don't do, which is why they constantly get fed a diet of speculation by people who claim to know what is going on over there, mostly because they have time to make things up as their failing computer repair shop has no customers.

My gas inside contact (he was right about both Dopey & Cockman leaving) tells me that the fake sheikh's family/Dwayne sports, or whatever name they go under, have the funds to buy the fruit market site BUT not to build a stadium.

So, he expects them to announce an offer to buy the land with the caveat that they either need new investors to come onboard, or sell the Memorial Ground to raise the extra funds needed.

This will send the blue few into a state of frenzy, but the reality will be absolutely nothing happens, except Wally and co. would then own the site ready for housing development.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, myol'man said:

My gas inside contact (he was right about both Dopey & Cockman leaving) tells me that the fake sheikh's family/Dwayne sports, or whatever name they go under, have the funds to buy the fruit market site BUT not to build a stadium.

So, he expects them to announce an offer to buy the land with the caveat that they either need new investors to come onboard, or sell the Memorial Ground to raise the extra funds needed.

This will send the blue few into a state of frenzy, but the reality will be absolutely nothing happens, except Wally and co. would then own the site ready for housing development.

Have the funds to buy it for how much though?

If they have to sell the Mem then where are they going to go for the next few years?

Surely getting investors won't be easy if they have been touted for sale to all and sundry and nobody wants them?

13 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Selling the Memorial ground is a drop in the ocean in terms of building a stadium - probably not much more than a quarter of the funds required I would think. They'd be better off retaining ownership, shipping the football club somewhere else, and developing the site themselves as an enabling development for the Fruit Market - if they are interested in a stadium on that site of course.

Much easier to sell the site and walk away imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

This sounds like a good plan purely from an investment point of view. They but the fruit market, funding never materialises to build a stadium, so they build houses there instead. As Arthur Daley would say, “a nice little earner”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

The Mem isn't worth anything though.

The monies loaned to the club by Dibley Sport is secured again the stadium.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

Wasn’t the last word from the fruit market representatives, that they didn’t want to sell the site anyway..?

• Like 1

On 11/01/2020 at 21:09, Lanterne Rouge said:

Let`s hope the s*gs are on the Last Train To Transcentral or they`re heading for Destination Eschaton

Don't know about that but I'm all for Immanentizing the (gas) Eschaton - and if you don't know what I'm on about but you want to know where the KLF got their other name and background story from, you really have to read this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Illuminatus!_Trilogy

• Like 2

On 11/01/2020 at 21:09, Lanterne Rouge said:

Let`s hope the s*gs are on the Last Train To Transcentral or they`re heading for Destination Eschaton

Shame we didn't start the alternative song option 12 months back.

Pretty sure I could have reworked The Monkees 'last train to (Darryl) Clark(sville)' and made it a modern classic!

Never mind.

5 hours ago, myol'man said:

How? They’ve already morgaged the theatre of shite to the hilt, how are they going to pay for land when they can’t even service their debt or build a training ground 

• Like 1

Hey sags, we've all seen the various "artist's impressions" of the new avonmouth uwe fruit bowl and we have all heard that apparently it takes time to build a stadium even at one stand at a time.

Why I here even the new training facility is taking a little longer than expected,  I expect its all those hush hush confidential agreements.

Here's what our owners have come with.

It's amazing what can be done if you have owners who truly believe in your club and put their money where their mouth is.

FB_IMG_1578954785756.jpg

• Like 4

A conversation I was party too, involving  two owners of a successful business at the fruit market site. Was that an offer of 20 million was made by rovers some months ago ( as furious custard posted  some weeks ago) with all sorts of conditions imposed as part of the deal     The owners of the site have also turned down an offer of 40 million from a major house builder.

The main thing to consider is that the fruit market site , is not a empty or derelict site ,business are still trading from there .If any bid was successful, then the owners would need to find an alternative site ,obtain planning and have the site built . So the day after they vacate the fruit market site ,they can move in and start trading.This would take minimum of three years to complete.

As a man once said these things take time, he forgot to mention money ? .Both of which BRFC do not have. ,why their fans are not calling,  Wael out on this I don't understand, maybe they don't want to know ??

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Odd socks said:

As a man once said these things take time, he forgot to mention money ? .Both of which BRFC do not have.

You must have that incorrect. I was told by numerous people they are the 6th richest club in England, so money surely cannot be the issue

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

How? They’ve already morgaged the theatre of shite to the hilt, how are they going to pay for land when they can’t even service their debt or build a training ground 

Exactly. It's just a front for property development.

Wally's family buys the land, Rovers can't afford to build a new stadium.

All goes quiet for a few years, until planning application for 100's of new homes goes in.

Kerching. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Swede said:

But what about the Memorial Ground and gates? It was meant to be a permanent reminder for all of the brave service men and women of Bristol who gave their lives for their country in the Great War.

Do you really think a shifty four toed camel trading land grabber cares one iota about the history of the Mem. :disapointed2se:

9 hours ago, Odd socks said:

They believe what someone tells them ,it doesn't have to be true, you keep saying it enough times you will believe it .

No need to question or reason the information, if it's want you wanted to hear ,then it must be true. Sad mind !!

For example...

”The contract we have with Sainsbury’s is watertight”.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, myol'man said:

Exactly. It's just a front for property development.

Wally's family buys the land, Rovers can't afford to build a new stadium.

All goes quiet for a few years, until planning application for 100's of new homes goes in.

Kerching. 

Yup it appears that was the intentions a long time ago,run the club into the ground (did they really ever want the uwe deal) and invest in land for future profit,rovers will go to the wall with this bloke calling the shots, why the gas cant see this is beyond me, that goes for the local press as well, utter apathy. 

14 hours ago, The Joker said:

Do you really think a shifty four toed camel trading land grabber cares one iota about the history of the Mem. :disapointed2se:

No I don't. You are correct.

They don't give a jot about the historic significance or heritage meaning of the site.

I am extremely surprised that there isn't some sort of protection order on the land and gates to keep it as a permanent memorial. The current owners should not be able to profit on the fallen by turning their memorial into a housing estate.

Now that would be ironic following our much publicised town village green problems.

5 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Yup it appears that was the intentions a long time ago,run the club into the ground (did they really ever want the uwe deal) and invest in land for future profit,rovers will go to the wall with this bloke calling the shots, why the gas cant see this is beyond me, that goes for the local press as well, utter apathy. 

I’ve said that from the day they took over,

could see it a mile off

12 hours ago, Odd socks said:

A conversation I was party too, involving  two owners of a successful business at the fruit market site. Was that an offer of 20 million was made by rovers some months ago ( as furious custard posted  some weeks ago) with all sorts of conditions imposed as part of the deal     The owners of the site have also turned down an offer of 40 million from a major house builder.

The main thing to consider is that the fruit market site , is not a empty or derelict site ,business are still trading from there .If any bid was successful, then the owners would need to find an alternative site ,obtain planning and have the site built . So the day after they vacate the fruit market site ,they can move in and start trading.This would take minimum of three years to complete.

As a man once said these things take time, he forgot to mention money ? .Both of which BRFC do not have. ,why their fans are not calling,  Wael out on this I don't understand, maybe they don't want to know ??

I was going to  call Wally an asset stripper,then I thought ‘what assets’?‍♂️

• Like 2