IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Your racism is appalling.  And does our entire club a disservice. With the recent increased focus on racism in football, I hope you stay away from Ashton Gate and don't drag us all down to your disgusting level.

Not entirely sure jumping down his throat publicly was the best way to deal with that?

Maybe pointing out the racist remark (made by a non native English speaker) and letting him see the error of his ways would be more positive?

Edited by richwwtk
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Swede said:

No I don't. You are correct.

It's just the same with their small  cretinous fan base.

They don't give a jot about the historic significance or heritage meaning of the site.

I am extremely surprised that there isn't some sort of protection order on the land and gates to keep it as a permanent memorial. The current owners should not be able to profit on the fallen by turning their memorial into a housing estate.

Now that would be ironic following our much publicised town village green problems.

4 hours ago, Swede said:

I am extremely surprised that there isn't some sort of protection order on the land and gates to keep it as a permanent memorial. The current owners should not be able to profit on the fallen by turning their memorial into a housing estate.

Now that would be ironic following our much publicised town village green problems.

There was some sort of  legal document to say the whole site was the war memorial and that it can’t be built upon but Someone conveniently lost it! 

15 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You're welcome, Bristol does seem to be a doom and gloom place at the moment.

Still, at least I'm working in Shrewsbury today, so there should be a few smiling faces :)

I’m working in Barcelona Miah and they’ve never heard of you. They haven’t heard of us either to be fair but that’s not relevant.

By the way, the Nou camp is a dump! Seriously, it’s falling apart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I’m working in Barcelona Miah and they’ve never heard of you. They haven’t heard of us either to be fair but that’s not relevant.

By the way, the Nou camp is a dump! Seriously, it’s falling apart.

I can believe they have never heard of Rovers, but surely they've heard of me!

Anyway, take a trip up the road to Sabadell where they have definitely heard of The Gas . #dafamousquarters :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

That’s the ground being sold and them becoming homeless again then

Wally wants 100% of the club, so he can sell without some well meaning fan group having an opinion. And possibly so that he can keep a few %, for himself so he can pretend to an owner and impress his mates back at home.

You can imagine the scenario now, as he speaks to potential new buyers...

We have 92%, the supporters club have 8%, so why not let me keep 10% and you buy 82%, but pay off all the debts and then invest in new players and a stadium and I'll put nothing else in.

*sounds of doors closing and engines starting*

38 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Anyway, take a trip up the road to Sabadell where they have definitely heard of The Gas . #dafamousquarters :)

I’d rather not with all respect Miah.

Heading back to Bris today anyway.

45 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankly

Have you heard of Miah Dennehy

Shanks said "no, I don't think so

But I've heard of fake shake Wallee " !

one from our era, Miah

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I think Miah you're getting confused. When someone from Barcelona says 'Meh' they mean meh (a teenager expression which is marginally better than a grunt or a shrug of the shoulders) and not Miah!

Enjoy Shrewsbury but don't grin too much!

38 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Taking big followings away is just what they do...

C37BEDF8-031F-4B89-8C2C-9102B51E249C.jpeg

Where is the fella on this forum upsetting himself last year (was it?) when we "only" took whatever we took to West Brom midweek, insisting Rovers would take more blah blah blah? Where are you????!!!!

Rovers have been there a couple of times now, St. Andrews, Brum in a cup replay, and Cov in LeagueNowhere, and as we told upset bloke on the West Brom thread, the numbers tend to drop off after a few visits in a shortish time.

Same for us, same for them. Same for most clubs, other than the biggest. Context is important. 

Minus context, we can say: we took 1300 further away last night, they took 300. Therefore, we are MASSIVE. 

Actually, that's what they would be doing, so why don't we?

City: 1300,

Rovers: 300.

Conclusion: We are MASSIVE, they are tinpot.

and another one;

Ian Holtby Banned

One thing that emerged last night from the travelling few, Ian Holtby has been banned from watching Rovers. His crime, trying to buy tickets from the club for home and away games. Starnes and Gorringe sent a letter around to his house delivered in person by the stadium manager banning him indefinitely.
Must be the banning season, who next.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, myol'man said:

and another one;

Ian Holtby Banned

One thing that emerged last night from the travelling few, Ian Holtby has been banned from watching Rovers. His crime, trying to buy tickets from the club for home and away games. Starnes and Gorringe sent a letter around to his house delivered in person by the stadium manager banning him indefinitely.
Must be the banning season, who next.

Who is Ian Holtby?