IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Where is the fella on this forum upsetting himself last year (was it?) when we "only" took whatever we took to West Brom midweek, insisting Rovers would take more blah blah blah? Where are you????!!!!

You can tell these naive belters spend their spare time in the pub surrounded by Sagheads, listening to everything they say and believing everything they say.

Im sure these same City fans saying how embarrassing it was that we ‘only’ took 1800 to West Brom last season for a Tuesday evening, SKY televised match will be along in a minute to admit they were wrong to say the Gas would take more.

I won’t hold my breath though.

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Wow, that statement is shorter than the one Hamer got.  The graphic is bigger than the statement.

It has also managed to get two errors into a very short sentence.  Well done them. 

Ian Holtby, Stadium Manager at Bristol Rovers F C has now left the Club.

Should read:

Ian Holtby, Stadium Manager at Bristol Rovers FC, has now left the Club.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GlastonburyRed said:

That's an old statement (2018) from when he left his job as stadium manager.

Yesterday he was allegedly issued with a stadium banning order. :gasmask:

Edited by myol'man
'allegedly' added. thread on gas chat has been locked
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

and another one;

Ian Holtby Banned

One thing that emerged last night from the travelling few, Ian Holtby has been banned from watching Rovers. His crime, trying to buy tickets from the club for home and away games. Starnes and Gorringe sent a letter around to his house delivered in person by the stadium manager banning him indefinitely.
Must be the banning season, who next.

The gas should be very worried about these bans, the owners are trying to hide something

The ban of the supporters director should have them all reaching for the panic button.

Don't imagine they will, but it should do.

Isn't he their elected voice after they pumped trillions in to the club in exchange for very few shares? If that voice is stifled/removed then how will they have any idea if their money is being used correctly or if they aren't about to have the (magic) carpet pulled from under them.

They must be fearing the worse, especially with their one saleable player apparently rarely fit.

This could make for some golden viewing from our side.

Another kick in the balls for the special relationship between Bristol Rovers and UWE:

https://info.uwe.ac.uk/news/UWENews/news.aspx?id=4001

UWE Bristol Vice-Chancellor, Professor Steve West said: “It's fantastic to start 2020 with the announcement of our new and exciting partnership with Bristol Sport, an organisation we are very proud to have worked with for several years. Our core purpose is about transforming futures and inspiring people, which are values that also align with the Bristol Sport vision and the community engagement that both our organisations take great pride in.

I added the bold text for emphasis ?

Similarly I can't help thinking that when 23,078 turned up to watch Bristol Bears play Wasps that there must be someone at the Memorial Ground who regrets stealing their ground and evicting the rugby club. Look who has the second highest overall attendance figures in English rugby....

"These things take time" unless you're doing your best to destroy relationships with the non-football community then it's amazing what can be achieved in just a few years.

Sometimes they just can't help punching a gift horse in the mouth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Another kick in the balls for the special relationship between Bristol Rovers and UWE:

Similarly I can't help thinking that when 23,078 turned up to watch Bristol Bears play Wasps that there must be someone at the Memorial Ground who regrets stealing their ground and evicting the rugby club. Look who has the second highest overall attendance figures in English rugby....

"These things take time" unless you're doing your best to destroy relationships with the non-football community then it's amazing what can be achieved in just a few years.

I knew it, ******* Pantsdown..THAT'S why the new stadium went tits up !

?

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Xiled said:

seem to remember them locking the rugby club out of the ground when those pricks took over the ground ,23,078 I think its called karma.

1 hour ago, Xiled said:

It all makes sense now - Sir Steve was the instigator of the UWE falling through......

Interestingly, as well as striking Hamer from the list of company directors, this chap, 

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2016/may/rovers-appoint-new-director-mike-turner/

Was struck off the list of directors on the 31st of December 2019.

A lot going on in the broom cupboard at the Go Outdoors Stadium. 

44 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Interestingly, as well as striking Hamer from the list of company directors, this chap, 

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2016/may/rovers-appoint-new-director-mike-turner/

"Bristol Rovers have a manager in place who has done an amazing job with his squad and I really believe that this is a club that can go places.”

Bath, Nailsworth, etc. etc.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Curiouser and curiouser. 

After Hamer got the boot, the Evil Post did an article in November 2019 outlining the hierarchy in the Big Top. 

At the time it was Wally as president, Starnes as their CEO and the remaining board members being Masters and Turner. 

They've now gone and banned Masters and according to Companies House, Turner has been taken off the board. 

This leaves just Wally and Starnes running the club with their head of recruitment and commercial director apparently not on the board. 

Now there's no chance of any info getting out to the deluded few. 

Edited by Midlands Robin

After a long day of reading how some of our fans want boil LJ in vinegar it's rather heartwarming and a welcome interlude to catch up on the goings on at delusion central. 

Only they can say they're building a stadium on land they don't own.

Or have a fan base moaning about being 4th in the league.

Or employ a manager who's never actually won a game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Swede said:

After a long day of reading how some of our fans want boil LJ in vinegar it's rather heartwarming and a welcome interlude to catch up on the goings on at delusion central. 

Only they can say they're building a stadium on land they don't own.

Or have a fan base moaning about being 4th in the league.

Or employ a manager who's never actually won a game.

Oh I think we aren't the only ones in that department.:)

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

?? love that.