IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

56 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Looks like you chaps may have forced its closure:~

"This survey is not accepting additional responses at this time. Thank You!"

?? what a shame!

I think they’ve decided to end it before all the Gasheads join in and respond with stupid answers..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I haven't bothered reading the whole thread, but it did amuse me that a poster with the name 'keepthefaith' posted this... :laugh:

keepthefaith

keepthefaith Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 3 posts
Jan 19, 2020 at 9:43pm via mobile  and  like this
Post Options

Post by keepthefaith on Jan 19, 2020 at 9:43pm

I’ve been a very loyal proud gashead for over 40 years , love the club to death but I’ve had enough now. Anyone else feel the same?

• Haha 10

That post from rovers forum got me thinking. I have been watching city since 98/99 and the lowest I have personally had was when we were bottom of league one with SOD. He said himself at the time that some of our fans had fallen out of love with the club. Generally we didnt have a lot to look forward to but now here we are in a lovely redeveloped stadium! Imagine being them lot and having half all!

38 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

That post from rovers forum got me thinking. I have been watching city since 98/99 and the lowest I have personally had was when we were bottom of league one with SOD. He said himself at the time that some of our fans had fallen out of love with the club. Generally we didnt have a lot to look forward to but now here we are in a lovely redeveloped stadium! Imagine being them lot and having half all!

I’ve been watching since 1975 and can honestly admit the happiest times were when we had naff all so they should be ecstatic! ;)

• Like 1

Training ground 'swamp' an issue

In his post-match press conference, Ollie Clarke made a comment that Rovers’ training base at Cribbs is a “swamp”. 

The skipper added it is “not pretty or nice”, and it is not the first time the facility – home to Western League outfit Cribbs FC – has been criticised. 

Previous manager Graham Coughlan was said to be unhappy with the playing surfaces there, concerned it was contributing to injuries, and there is no doubt the facility is not up to the lofty standards of some of their League One rivals.

Rovers’ lease for Cribbs expires in the summer, and the club are sure to be exploring their options over the coming weeks and months.

Of course, the club still own the 28-acre site at Almondsbury off the M5, but no building work for the new training ground project – known as The Colony – has begun and the land remains undeveloped.

MTG !!!

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

I’ve been watching since 1975 and can honestly admit the happiest times were when we had naff all so they should be ecstatic! ;)

People want different things. 

I really can't understand why people prefer the new ground over, say, the old East End. 

I know what the arguments are, but I don't agree with them one bit, aside from disabled facilities. 

I don't want to buy beer or burgers or anything else at a football ground. I want atmosphere, nostalgia and a sense of belonging. The new ground development subtracts from those things. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

People want different things. 

I really can't understand why people prefer the new ground over, say, the old East End. 

I know what the arguments are, but I don't agree with them one bit, aside from disabled facilities. 

I don't want to buy beer or burgers or anything else at a football ground. I want atmosphere, nostalgia and a sense of belonging. The new ground development subtracts from those things. 

Atmosphere is down to the fans,