IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

18 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Classed as 'progress' I guess Cotswold.

Like you, I miss the days of terracing and the EE but we've moved on from them and have to go with the modern day stuff or stop altogether. The gate is, obviously a far better stadium nowadays and the facilities and money making opportunities are wonderful but I do miss the 'altogether' feeling of the Gate of yesteryear. 

One thing I do know is we can't go back!

Correct. 

It's sad, but I know the day will come when I just won't go much any more. 

There are other things in my life I love just about as much and they are closing fast and overtaking. 

I'll be spending more time watching concerts, listening to music at home, going to my local etc. I'll still go to the odd game but a season ticket will be out of the question within a few years. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Can they not Drain The Swamp?

I'm guessing, in reality, that Wally owns the 28 acre site and it won't be a club asset when push comes to shove. When he's off and the club is worthless, that will be sold, along with the Mem.

15 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Next time the Fewers draw/win a throw in, they'll be first for a ban from their completely reasonable forum as calling Wally 'Wally' as they are clearly Teds.

Can't remember which thread it was over there, but one of them reckons fans ownership is the way forward, 40,000 fans, of which 8,500 of them can apparently donate money every month to make them rich!

So why is it that only 6,000 can be bothered to turn up then?

5 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

Would be surprised if you genuinely haven’t. Was a key figure for Sheffield United in their first season back in the Championship, and was fantastic at Wycombe. Much too good for League 1 in my opinion. 

Was on loan at Vitesse earlier this season. Shouldn't expect his time with the Fewers to be a Triumph though.

• Haha 5

40 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

Just signed Jamal Blackman on loan, got to say, I’m shocked they’ve pulled that off

He has been with Chelsea since 2012 and has been on load at various clubs for 8 YEARS!  He's 26 now. That's just bizarre. Chelsea should change their name to Hirerite!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

Would be surprised if you genuinely haven’t. Was a key figure for Sheffield United in their first season back in the Championship, and was fantastic at Wycombe. Much too good for League 1 in my opinion. 

Why should I know the name of a Wycombe keeper or the Sheff U keeper from 3 years ago? 

If he was that good he wouldn't be going to Rovers

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Why should I know the name of a Wycombe keeper or the Sheff U keeper from 3 years ago? 

If he was that good he wouldn't be going to Rovers

Have a lot of Sheffield United mates from my time up in Sheffield working for HSBC, rate him very highly. So I'd disagree, but I also thought Little was too good for us and he's been awful when he has played this season. 

Edited by Boring Sag
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Cliche but you smell of gas, your posting history is also only negative about City & positive about gas. 

I've never quite shared the same hatred for the sags as many on here, a lot of my family and friends are Sags, and my grandfather was gas and he's someone I really looked up to. I give them credit where credit's due, which to be fair doesn't seem the theme of this forum. 

On a separate note I'm negative about City because recently we've been awful and I want to progress and I personally don't see that happening under LJ unless major signings/changes are made. We have the potential to be a regular Premier League club, but I get frustrated by the attitude of a lot of our fans who seem to be happy with our performances as long as the sags are worse than us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boring Sag said:

Have a lot of Sheffield United mates from my time up in Sheffield working for HSBC, rate him very highly. So I'd disagree, but I also thought Little was too good for us and he's been awful when he has played this season. 

Little is great going forward in a good team like when he played for us and Peterborough, when not in such a good team and he has actually got to do some defending he is not great

1 hour ago, Mattyisared said:

I've never quite shared the same hatred for the sags as many on here, a lot of my family and friends are Sags, and my grandfather was gas and he's someone I really looked up to. I give them credit where credit's due, which to be fair doesn't seem the theme of this forum. 

On a separate note I'm negative about City because recently we've been awful and I want to progress and I personally don't see that happening under LJ unless major signings/changes are made. We have the potential to be a regular Premier League club, but I get frustrated by the attitude of a lot of our fans who seem to be happy with our performances as long as the sags are worse than us. 

??? with your last sentence you’re definitely a  nailed on sag. Only a fewer would accuse us of just being happy to be above that lot. ????????

good try though 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

??? with your last sentence you’re definitely a  nailed on sag. Only a fewer would accuse us of just being happy to be above that lot. ????????

good try though 

Multiple times in the past month or so I’ve seen posts of “when times are bad, just remember that things could always be worse. We could be the fewers” or similar posts. Me thinking this is an awful mindset to have because it leads to mediocrity doesn’t make me a sag. The sheer existence of this forum does seem to prove my thinking no? The fact that even when we’re on losing runs this forum seems to never drop to the 2nd page baffles me. Obviously it’s completely justified sometimes like when Cockman left them for a team in the league below despite being in contention for promotion at the time, or us signing Matty. A lot of the fan base don’t have this mindset, but there’s a minority that do that frustrates me. There’s also a minority who accuse anyone who doesn’t agree with every word they say as being a “Sag in disguise.” It’s just odd. I would rather have Bristol City forum about Bristol City, but hey, that’s just me. Or at least be talking about rivals who are higher quality than Rovers. Because the gap is so big at this point I just don’t think I care about the rivalry with them that much anymore as I used to, it’s kind of dead. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyisared said:

Multiple times in the past month or so I’ve seen posts of “when times are bad, just remember that things could always be worse. We could be the fewers” or similar posts. Me thinking this is an awful mindset to have because it leads to mediocrity doesn’t make me a sag. The sheer existence of this forum does seem to prove my thinking no? The fact that even when we’re on losing runs this forum seems to never drop to the 2nd page baffles me. Obviously it’s completely justified sometimes like when Cockman left them for a team in the league below despite being in contention for promotion at the time, or us signing Matty. A lot of the fan base don’t have this mindset, but there’s a minority that do that frustrates me. There’s also a minority who accuse anyone who doesn’t agree with every word they say as being a “Sag in disguise.” It’s just odd. I would rather have Bristol City forum about Bristol City, but hey, that’s just me. Or at least be talking about rivals who are higher quality than Rovers. Because the gap is so big at this point I just don’t think I care about the rivalry with them that much anymore as I used to, it’s kind of dead. 

Your first sentence here though isn’t anywhere near the same as just being glad we’re better than them . Can’t see how you think it is, it’s nothing like it . 
I see the rovers  as the trampy thick kid at school everyone laughed at and took the piss out of . This entire thread is exactly that, a piss take . 
You comment on here a lot for someone who don’t think we have a rivalry . Some of my best mates are 15er’s they’ll always be rivals. 

• Thanks 1