IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

12 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

The Massives had a smaller crowd than the six fingered, fourth division roundabout mob up the M4.

#It’s what they do............

Blimey, THAT bad. You know things are bad when even swindle outnumber you.

As for changing their name I would suggest Berwick Rovers as they have a lot in common, same sort of attendances,  similar successful football history, similar facilities (minus tents of course) experience of going non league and really local.

49 minutes ago, fanjita said:

I pretty sure I read somewhere he’s only scored one goal in open play since September, of course he has scored dodgy penalties since then.

who are going to bid and pay the money that’s been banded about, £2m apparently, joke,,,

They have a history of over valuing players,  especially strikers  ?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

????

Screenshot_20200126-113632_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bf3aba4813a43347a719f3ebd713957f.jpg

I know of a group of blokes who go to every home rugby game with their wives - all kitted out in the shirts etc.

They used to go to watch the Pikeys without their wives but find it a better day out at the rugby these days.

Seems they're not alone - the rugby clubs attendances have risen by 101% (biggest rise in the premiership) when compared to average attendance 10 years ago;

1. BRISTOL BEARS (101.4% increase)

2008/09: 8,782

2018/19: 17,683

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I know of a group of blokes who go to every home rugby game with their wives - all kitted out in the shirts etc.

They used to go to watch the Pikeys without their wives but find it a better day out at the rugby these days.

Seems they're not alone - the rugby clubs attendances have risen by 101% (biggest rise in the premiership) when compared to average attendance 10 years ago;

Let's be honest they've been left behind.

Oh how I laughed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

This is part of the problem the Fewers have yet to address.

People have much higher expectations of a day out than sitting in a tent these days with a Ginsters and a fake Fanta.

And given just what good value for money a rugby season ticket is, it's no surprise attendances are well up.

If only they have treated the rugby club better when they were at the Mem....

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

This is part of the problem the Fewers have yet to address.

People have much higher expectations of a day out than sitting in a tent these days with a Ginsters and a fake Fanta.

And given just what good value for money a rugby season ticket is, it's no surprise attendances are well up.

If only they have treated the rugby club better when they were at the Mem....

Yep. Taking the home from your landlord never goes down well. 

• Like 2

The thick as mince, ground stealing **** wits still haven't worked out that in having their board insider shaft Bristol Rugby and then, continually treating their lodgers as second class citizens, how much revenue they've lost. 

The disastrous on / off move when the Mem was going to be redeveloped in 2008 arguably cost Bristol their place in the top flight and through lost revenue we almost lost the club completely. We were all set to watch a season of rugby at Rodney Parade and season ticket sales fell through the floor. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

The thick as mince, ground stealing **** wits still haven't worked out that in having their board insider shaft Bristol Rugby and then, continually treating their lodgers as second class citizens, how much revenue they've lost. 

The disastrous on / off move when the Mem was going to be redeveloped in 2008 arguably cost Bristol their place in the top flight and through lost revenue we almost lost the club completely. We were all set to watch a season of rugby at Rodney Parade and season ticket sales fell through the floor. 

400k a season in rent gate food bar receipts 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Spoiled by this word though. They are a total embarrassment to the city i was born and grew up in. Can't they be Gloucester Road Rovers or something ffs.

sooner those pricks fc.c k off out of our great city the better .vile club vile fans

Spoiled by this word though. They are a total embarrassment to the city i was born and grew up in. Can't they be Gloucester Road Rovers or something ffs.

sooner those pricks fc.c k off out of our great city the better .vile club vile fans

Edited by Jim Davey
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

sooner those pricks fc.c k off out of our great city AGAIN, the better .vile club vile fans

sooner those pricks fc.c k off out of our great city AGAIN,the better .vile club vile fans

sooner those pricks fc.c k off out of our great city AGAIN, the better .vile club vile fans

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Spot on mate. Took years to recover. Cuckoos Arthur Holmes Gas legend ****

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Yes but Gasheads ASSURED us that when the Rugby moved to ‘Trashton’ the attendances would fall dramatically due to the Rugby clubs supporters loyalty to the football club that ‘saved’ them by stealing their home.

Looks like another thing the thick bastards got massively wrong then...

• Haha 7

9 hours ago, myol'man said:

There's a new scam for the loyal and few to get in without paying;

Become a matchday volunteer. You get in for nothing, get paid nothing, wander around looking important with a staff pass. Jobs a good un. 

That explains the low attendances then. 40,000 volunteers and just 6,000 so thick, they still pay to get in.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

For all the Gasheads who will claim that their awful attendance yesterday was a result of the big rugby match at Ashton Gate... 

2AFA6814-6503-4DA1-A845-D2D1E1D64704.jpeg

And what about all those ‘teds who regularly infiltrate the swamp..? 
Seeing as we had no game this weekend, I’m amazed that everyone’s favourite Bristol team didn’t benefit from all that floating support that they reckon they’ll get as soon as their new ground is ready..?

That can’t be long now, can it..?! 

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

And what about all those ‘teds who regularly infiltrate the swamp..? 
Seeing as we had no game this weekend, I’m amazed that everyone’s favourite Bristol team didn’t benefit from all that floating support that they reckon they’ll get as soon as their new ground is ready..?

That can’t be long now, can it..?! 

About eighteen months going by what Wally said.

I suppose if they bought the land next week they could bung up a couple of tents fairly sharpish so still on schedule.

• Like 1

Just thought I'd leave this here;

Bristol Rugby average attendance so far this season - 19,591

Bristol City average attendance so far this season - 21,595

Bristol Rovers average attendance so far this season - 7,396 (before yesterdays pitiful effort)

Booming in South Bristol.

Bombing in North Bristol.

Hello Pikeys (we know you are there) read 'em and weep :sub:

• Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Just thought I'd leave this here;

Bristol Rugby average attendance so far this season - 19,591

Bristol City average attendance so far this season - 21,595

Bristol Rovers average attendance so far this season - 7,396 (before yesterdays pitiful effort)

Booming in South Bristol.

Bombing in North Bristol.

Hello Pikeys (we know you are there) read 'em and weep :sub:

:laugh: Bristol South End forever! Hey, i know we have many, many people from north of our river that are City through and through and fair play to them..  But BCFC really has its roots here in the Ashton Bedminster and Withywood Hartcliffe Knowle region. I'm well proud to be a true born and bred southerner   :laugh:

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1