IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

One of them is getting the "didn't really like him, anyway" comment in early...

Being realistic, maybe last summer JCH was worth 2 or even 3 million but anyone who has watched his performances this season ain’t going to pay that. Moody, arrogant, always injured, billy big balls, looks disinterested most of time.

17 minutes ago, bristolmoose said:

Being realistic, maybe last summer JCH was worth 2 or even 3 million but anyone who has watched his performances this season ain’t going to pay that. Moody, arrogant, always injured, billy big balls, looks disinterested most of time.

Can't see Wally reinvesting any profit either. 

• Like 1

• Admin
8 minutes ago, myol'man said:

New "get in for free" scam from one of the loyal and blue;

Wear a hi viz vest, carry empty pasty box up to gate, old bloke on gate hasn't got a clue what's going on, opens gate in you go. Chuck box in bin, stuff hi viz in coat pocket. Jobs a good un! ?

I'd be more worried about making sure I could get out

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Anybody who fancies seeing the stark reality of just how tinpot Rovers are... look at their transfer fee history over the past 10 years or so..! 
All there in black & white on transfermarket.com

Its dodgy though ain't it. I mean is it me or does something not add up with them lot. I know we laugh at their players sells now but back in the 90's and early 2000's didnt they sell Hayles, Robert's, Ellington, Agogo etc for quite big money back then? Including the sale of Lambert and sell ons with that how have they always struggled to bring players in? What happened to all the fees they received? Comparative to other clubs they should have more to show for it.

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Its dodgy though ain't it. I mean is it me or does something not add up with them lot. I know we laugh at their players sells now but back in the 90's and early 2000's didnt they sell Hayles, Robert's, Ellington, Agogo etc for quite big money back then? Including the sale of Lambert and sell ons with that how have they always struggled to bring players in? What happened to all the fees they received? Comparative to other clubs they should have more to show for it.

Makes you wonder who profited from those deals, yes. 
Although, looking at what they lose weekly now - can it have been much/any better in the past 30-40 years really..? 
Crowds have always been low (despite their constant lies about it) and as cost have risen, their crowds haven’t. 
That must quickly eat into relatively small selling fees, over time.
Even if they did manage to steal a free ground in the meantime.! 

2 hours ago, bristolmoose said:

Like most of their fans ,then !

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

One example to give which might explain where the money goes, was the purchase and sale of Hayles. The directors loaned the club £250,000 for the purchase. They had a sell on clause of 50%. So, when he was sold, the club got £1m and the directors got £1.25m inc their original investment back.

• Like 1