IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Tam? It's Tim. You won't believe this, but Bristol want me on loan!

Oh, brother! This is brilliant for you, great fans, great stadium, brilliant inventive training, first class travel and accommodation, ambitious; you can even crash your team mates car! Epic news. Delighted for you mate.

Err, not so sure about that. The first thing I need to do apparently is to go to the doctors and get a jab in case I fall in some fox shit. Did you have to do that?

Hang on, are you signing for the Fewers? YOU AIN'T MY BRUVVA.

*EastEnders drums*

• Haha 13
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Tammy says "That's great bruv, I am sure the club will put you up in one of those nice flats". Timmy "No mate, I am living above Irene's cafe, the bathroom I share with four others is down the hall"

"On the plus side, I've got all the Wotsits I can e...OH GOD, THEY'RE ALL SOGGY!!!!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

He doesn’t look best pleased about it either.

”Tammy bruv, what’s it like in Bristol?”

”Great Tim, good stadium, 20k plus a week, great training facilities and fans without six fingers on each hand”

”No tents? I hate tents”

”No tents bro”

”Awesome”

Two hours later...

”Ah....****....”

Nice striker.

Whatever.

Looks a bit like mine.

Who is yours?

Tammy Abraham. 

Expensive.

Yours?

Timmy Abraham 

Edited by David Brent
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cider_boy said:

Some nice quotes from sags on the post website re the news about signing Timmy (til the end of the season):

Nathan Clothier: This club is being run properly, let them get on with it and back them!

Harry Blannin: If he's as good as his brother then he'll be a very decent signing.  

?

If he's as good as his brother then he wouldn't be signing for Bristol Rovers.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cider_boy said:

Harry Blannin: If he's as good as his brother then he'll be a very decent signing.  

?

Very decent?  If he’s as good as his brother, he will be (by orders of magnitude) the best player they have EVER had. 

Very decent!  Can imagine that guy saying “well, I was hoping for Messi, but this kid might be decent”.

• Like 1

So Timmy has no league experience and is a bench warmer for his parent club's U23s and then goes to the Fewers on loan.

This effectively makes the Gas the Bath City of league one, taking untried kids on loan and hoping they can get a tune out of them. 

No wonder they are underwhelmed. I'll bet Wally is praying that the maximum number of loan players rule gets scrapped, he will be able to save a fortune.

Seems like some of them are finally getting it...

darkbluegas
First Team

darkbluegas Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 289 posts
52 minutes ago via mobile  
Post Options

Post by darkbluegas on 52 minutes ago

Topper Gas Avatar
holmes Avatar
Even if you own your ground, if you can’t pay your bills you will lose it. The clock is ticking.

Why, what bills aren't the club paying?? 

In simple terms it’s like someone taking out an interest only mortgage on their own home to pay the monthly bills, without increasing their income.

Eventually the money runs out and there’s no asset to borrow anymore money against. The consequences are if you’ve still not increased your income you still can’t pay your bills and now you have a mortgage to pay. Then your house gets repossessed.

That’s why the clocks ticking

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

In simple terms it’s like someone taking out an interest only mortgage on their own home

I assure you lenders only secure against bricks, mortar and land. One may not borrow against canvas, guy ropes and plastic extruded furnishings...

• Like 1