IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It`s worse than that I reckon - apparently Steve Lansdown once paid for some Hargreaves Lansdown advertising in the paper so clearly he`s behind this smear campaign.

I think HL didn't start  until the eighties so yet again they are wrong on that

This always gives me a warm glow :laugh:

A bit like when your 14 and you think your best mates hot Mum fancy's you then you realize she came out Gay 3 years ago.

Never assume anything is a cert, and never ever wear a Burgundy Sweatshirt to an away match as when you fall over you look an even bigger bell-end.

11 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

Disagree.

As much as we know about the Sags' pathetic attempt to call themselves a football club, it's undeniable that Garner has good links, if he didn't he wouldn't have been able to get Daly or Blackman, personally I think a lot of Championship clubs would have been perfectly happy with those signings, and me personally I would've been happy with Blackman as a signing ahead of Niki last season. 

The Sags as well do seem to have created a reputation as a good footballing support, a farce of course, but I would argue that teams around the country other than Bristol aren't aware on just how big the gap is in that sense. I use twitter a lot and I regularly see people ranking football fanbases or the size of different clubs and put us at the same level of the Sags. Complete lies of course, but would James Daly of Crystal Palace really realise that the Sags are close to financial crisis and have a shit fanbase when they big themselves up so much, I would argue no. Plus Garner having experience at Palace and having an unfortunately accurate resume in terms of helping to develop young players, I think the Sags are much more attractive in that respect than a lot of us realise, as we know them as the shambles that they are. 

:blink:

Is this the same Niki that was up there with being one of our players of the season? If Championship clubs were to of come in for those young un’s you’ve mentioned do you really think that they’d of turned them down in favour of going to a club who have to scrape the dog shit off their pitch before they can train? Highly doubtful. Also If Garner was as good as you and others think he is then he wouldn’t be at a shite little club like them and unable to even win a game since he’s been there.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

:blink:

Is this the same Niki that was up there with being one of our players of the season? If Championship clubs were to of come in for those young un’s you’ve mentioned do you really think that they’d of turned them down in favour of going to a club who have to scrape the dog shit off their pitch before they can train? Highly doubtful. Also If Garner was as good as you and others think he is then he wouldn’t be at a shite little club like them and unable to even win a game since he’s been there.

These things take time.

49 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I thought this was meant as a joke but they are actually falling for it #garnerin

Wouldn't surprise me if Coppell went there for a bit in a consultancy role until the end of the season. 

It would give the fella who has never played/managed football before a bit of support and might get a few of the players on board with his ideas before he gets a summer transfer window to move players out and get some more in.

The problem is likely to be that Coppell probably won't fancy working for spare change and B&B accommodation, he might well expect proper wages and somewhere to call home.

14 hours ago, Sniper said:

This always gives me a warm glow :laugh:

A bit like when your 14 and you think your best mates hot Mum fancy's you then you realize she came out Gay 3 years ago.

Never assume anything is a cert, and never ever wear a Burgundy Sweatshirt to an away match as when you fall over you look an even bigger bell-end.

And they thought an ex-City player had saved them in that match! 

6 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Apart from the issues you faced, to us it was a great day ??

The footage didn’t seem to catch it , but on the final whistle there was a deep silence, really eerie looking back . Lots of genuine football fans deeply upset, and a few idiots that got all the publicity unfortunately 

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, JulieH said:

The footage didn’t seem to catch it , but on the final whistle there was a deep silence, really eerie looking back . Lots of genuine football fans deeply upset, and a few idiots that got all the publicity unfortunately 

"I lived through the Thatcher years" ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JulieH said:

The footage didn’t seem to catch it , but on the final whistle there was a deep silence, really eerie looking - . Lots of genuine football fans deeply upset, and a few idiots that got all the publicity unfortunately 

That moment you describe there was reality crashing through the reinforced concrete walls of lies, certainty and delusion. Decades of it. Momentarily, a (small) crowd of poorly dressed people collectively see themselves for what they really are. There is no hiding place. No delusion to escape to and bask in. At that eerie, silent moment, none of the usual lies, the bollocks, the bullshit and delusion work anymore  - all that was swept away, leaving only truth and reality. This is what we are: non-league shite.

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

That moment you describe there was reality crashing through the reinforced concrete walls of lies, certainty and delusion. Decades of it. Momentarily, a (small) crowd of poorly dressed people collectively see themselves for what they really are. There is no hiding place. No delusion to escape to and bask in. At that eerie, silent moment, none of the usual lies, the bollocks, the bullshit and delusion work anymore  - all that was swept away, leaving only truth and reality. This is what we are: non-league shite.

Positively poetically put!

Sadly, or hilariously, the delusion has returned in an even more virulent form than before. In evidence, I offer the fact that they believe what Wael tells them and that, despite the chasm between the clubs in every respect, they really think they are coming for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

I was there, thank god Mansfield didn’t do anything , we had enough issues to deal with . Not a great day 

Was all City in the away end that day or so the Blue Few believe all because when Mansfield scored their supporters actually celebrated the goal!! I can only assume it was gaslogic at its finest as every other clubs supporters love the Sags and wouldn’t dream of celebrating the goal that sent them down, only them Ted’s would do such a thing.

58 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Positively poetically put!

Sadly, or hilariously, the delusion has returned in an even more virulent form than before. In evidence, I offer the fact that they believe what Wael tells them and that, despite the chasm between the clubs in every respect, they really think they are coming for us.

Exactly even if by some miracle they won all their games for the rest of the season and they got promoted and next season we were in the same division, we would still be miles ahead of them in every way in imaginable!

**** the Gas!

22 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s Sunday League antics - how sad ...

Exactly. Do they really have to rely on intimidating tactics to try to get a win. It does seem very amateur.

No doubt teams do try and get the upper hand on eachother psychologically, I wonder if Lee’s grass measuring is a subtle way of unsettling the opposition as much as what we gain out of doing so. But to actually tell ( threaten) the opposition certainly smacks of desperation and isn’t sporting or in the spirit of the game. I wouldn’t like to think we involve ourselves in this stuff. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Coppell went there for a bit in a consultancy role until the end of the season. 

It would give the fella who has never played/managed football before a bit of support and might get a few of the players on board with his ideas before he gets a summer transfer window to move players out and get some more in.

The problem is likely to be that Coppell probably won't fancy working for spare change and B&B accommodation, he might well expect proper wages and somewhere to call home.

I’d be surprised to see Coppell go somewhere and last until the end of the season..!

Not sure Rovers have a big enough youth set up to lure him in anyway..! 

• Hmmm 1