IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Was all City in the away end that day or so the Blue Few believe all because when Mansfield scored their supporters actually celebrated the goal!! I can only assume it was gaslogic at its finest as every other clubs supporters love the Sags and wouldn’t dream of celebrating the goal that sent them down, only them Ted’s would do such a thing.

As I have previously stated a number of times, there were no city fans in the Mansfield end . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cider hoss rules said:

A beautiful triumvirate of results......and i bet there was at least one or 2 City fans in the Mansfield contigent.

Ivan Toney and John Marquis playing for Northampton? Chris Wilder as their manager? Wonder what became of him....

16 hours ago, JulieH said:

The footage didn’t seem to catch it , but on the final whistle there was a deep silence, really eerie looking back . Lots of genuine football fans deeply upset, and a few idiots that got all the publicity unfortunately 

Football fans? At the Mem? Really? 

They're at the wrong place if they like footy ?

6 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

C9A4BD55-ADBC-4A54-B4DF-77819D90E579.thumb.jpeg.45c6a4882f11b477f0dfd93b2a1718d5.jpeg

Yet they continue to wonder why we are light years ahead of them :facepalm:

As a fanbase they’ve got exactly the club they deserve (a very shit one)

Changing indeed.

Yes, I reckon the Mem will have a change of use within 5 years. The fruit market, on the other hand, will still be a fruit market. 

On 03/02/2020 at 19:29, RedM said:

Exactly. Do they really have to rely on intimidating tactics to try to get a win. It does seem very amateur.

No doubt teams do try and get the upper hand on eachother psychologically, I wonder if Lee’s grass measuring is a subtle way of unsettling the opposition as much as what we gain out of doing so. But to actually tell ( threaten) the opposition certainly smacks of desperation and isn’t sporting or in the spirit of the game. I wouldn’t like to think we involve ourselves in this stuff. 

Especially when trying to pass off not winning in 11 games as being a transition period whilst trying to improve playing style..! 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

C9A4BD55-ADBC-4A54-B4DF-77819D90E579.thumb.jpeg.45c6a4882f11b477f0dfd93b2a1718d5.jpeg

Yet they continue to wonder why we are light years ahead of them :facepalm:

As a fanbase they’ve got exactly the club they deserve (a very shit one)

“Changing” from 3 defeats in 20 odd games, to no wins in 11..? 
Got to love “change”..! 

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Changing indeed.

Yes, I reckon the Mem will have a change of use within 5 years. The fruit market, on the other hand, will still be a fruit market. 

Yes; the Fruit Market will still be full of fruit and the memorial ground will still be full of vegetables, that is until it's turned into a town village green with a protection order on the ground and gates preventing any further development, and we'll all live happily ever after.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I was amazed at Bolton as I thought it was a myth but they genuinely (when I could hear them) sang their Irene dirge and then every other song was about us.

Yes, we sing the odd ditty about them (not very often now TBH) but every single song apart from the dirge was about City. Even the Bolton fans with me were laughing about it.

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Fair to say that they are somewhat cheesed off. Not a single positive question that I can see.

The only things missing, are something about out of date crisps, fake fanta and them being uniquely loved by fans of all other clubs because they hate us.

I really don't see what benefit that club (or any club tbh) thinks they get from being on Twitter.

Pretty much half the posts there are taking the piss.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I was amazed at Bolton as I thought it was a myth but they genuinely (when I could hear them) sang their Irene dirge and then every other song was about us.

Yes, we sing the odd ditty about them (not very often now TBH) but every single song apart from the dirge was about City. Even the Bolton fans with me were laughing about it.

As was proved by those 2 Villa fans a few weeks back who did a vlog at the Mem during one of their games. 

We know they only sing about us, other clubs fans have also commented on it, they even admit to putting our scores on their scoreboard whilst they’re actually playing.

Mate of mine, a Northampton fan, visited the Mem about 15 years ago for a Boxing Day game. Northampton won...he said it was hilarious, Gasheads spent most of the game singing about City so after about an hour Northampton fans started singing ‘pro City songs’ to wind them up. He said they were frothing at the mouth in the funny looking stand next to the away terrace ?

Probably happens every match.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4