IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

41 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I really don't see what benefit that club (or any club tbh) thinks they get from being on Twitter.

Pretty much half the posts there are taking the piss.

They are, but amazingly it hasn't required City fans to hijack it!

(Which is probably what they were hoping for so they could cancel it).

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Fair to say that they are somewhat cheesed off. Not a single positive question that I can see.

The only things missing, are something about out of date crisps, fake fanta and them being uniquely loved by fans of all other clubs because they hate us.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RedM said:

I think there is more chance of the Memorial ground becoming a Fruit Market than the Fruit Market becoming a football ground. 

But if the ground does somehow materialise it's odds on we'll see a managerial return of the original "Fruity" himself

gerryfrancis.jpg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

As was proved by those 2 Villa fans a few weeks back who did a vlog at the Mem during one of their games. 

We know they only sing about us, other clubs fans have also commented on it, they even admit to putting our scores on their scoreboard whilst they’re actually playing.

Mate of mine, a Northampton fan, visited the Mem about 15 years ago for a Boxing Day game. Northampton won...he said it was hilarious, Gasheads spent most of the game singing about City so after about an hour Northampton fans started singing ‘pro City songs’ to wind them up. He said they were frothing at the mouth in the funny looking stand next to the away terrace ?

Probably happens every match.

Would be worth sharing every week on the forum of their next opponents ?

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

... said they were frothing at the mouth in the funny looking stand next to the away terrace ?

Probably happens every match.

You'll have to help narrow down which stand you mean. They have at least a dozen that match that description. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, bristolmoose said:

Philosophical question...

How does he know they're the only club with an NDA on stadium plans?

A club may be planning a new stadium and this is subject to an NDA, so no news, or they're doing sod all and therefore no news.

?

Maybe we're doing this about our new stadium?

No wait, we've already got one. ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

But if the ground does somehow materialise it's odds on we'll see a managerial return of the original "Fruity" himself

gerryfrancis.jpg

Don't be mean, he's just had some bad news. He found out his barber died ......

in 1978 ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bristolmoose said:

Philosophical question...

How does he know they're the only club with an NDA on stadium plans?

A club may be planning a new stadium and this is subject to an NDA, so no news, or they're doing sod all and therefore no news.

?

I think you answered your own question there Moose.  NDA in Gas speak is smokescreen for the fact that there is sweet FA going on, as has been the case for a very long time.

8 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

I liked this response. At least one of them knows they are being fobbed off.

I have lots of questions in my head & behind the scenes I am thinking of more, but to speak publicly about my questions would give others a commercial advantage. Other questions I have are subject to confidentiality & I have to move a question on before I can think of a new one.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I liked this response. At least one of them knows they are being fobbed off.

I have lots of questions in my head & behind the scenes I am thinking of more, but to speak publicly about my questions would give others a commercial advantage. Other questions I have are subject to confidentiality & I have to move a question on before I can think of a new one.

Written by Ben Garner (39) new resident in North Bristol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

I'd like to take a stab at answering this one:

FGR, Wimbledon and The Mighty Bristol City, talk publicly about their plans because they are real, ongoing, financed and a source of pride for their respective fans. 

The Sags are told their plans are subject to NDAs because in my opinion the plans are imaginary, unfinanced and a source of great embarrassment for their board. 

Just a wild guess. 

• Like 2