IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

You otibists like a riddle so here is one  which must be solved by March 31st. Date for submitting BRFC/Dwane Sports accounts.

Caroline Lucas and her party appear to be popular, Green, i.e. Dale Vince/Forest Green especially with the young, but never seem to make any headway in creating a power base small FG crowds. Is this because our rulers, here and worldwide, have successfully outmaneuvered them by using front organisations to implement a "bread and circuses" Tents/Bristol Rovers strategy ?  If so, it may explain why her royal exoticness Dale Vince might be planning to buy our tented sideshow Memorial Ground and keep the performances going while a verdant Green Lawn/Forest Green new big top Forest Green's new stadium is constructed in South Gloucestershire.

But for Rovers, if this grand scheme falls through, the rare breed chickens will truly be coming home to roost. 

Dale Vince has plans to purchase Bristol Rovers and/or The Memorial Ground?

Rovers to ground share with Forest Green in their new stadium or play in their old stadium once the new one has been completed?

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

You otibists like a riddle so here is one  which must be solved by March 31st. Date for submitting BRFC/Dwane Sports accounts.

Caroline Lucas and her party appear to be popular, Green, i.e. Dale Vince/Forest Green especially with the young, but never seem to make any headway in creating a power base small FG crowds. Is this because our rulers, here and worldwide, have successfully outmaneuvered them by using front organisations to implement a "bread and circuses" Tents/Bristol Rovers strategy ?  If so, it may explain why her royal exoticness Dale Vince might be planning to buy our tented sideshow Memorial Ground and keep the performances going while a verdant Green Lawn/Forest Green new big top Forest Green's new stadium is constructed in South Gloucestershire.

But for Rovers, if this grand scheme falls through, the rare breed chickens will truly be coming home to roost. 

Rovers to ground share with Forest Green in their new stadium or play in their old stadium once the new one has been completed?

Not a clue what this is about. But FGR new ground will not be in S Glos.

27 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Not a clue what this is about. But FGR new ground will not be in S Glos.

Not S Glos, but aren't both The New Lawn (Nailsworth) and their planned, all wooden stadium both in Glos? 

Perhaps @bert tann erred when referring to S Glos - unless there is some truth in the rumour of Lyde Green....

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Not S Glos, but aren't both The New Lawn (Nailsworth) and their planned, all wooden stadium both in Glos? 

Perhaps @bert tann erred when referring to S Glos - unless there is some truth in the rumour of Lyde Green....

Lyde Green land would cost a fortune and all those who have just moved in would go apeshit 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

But you can't own more than one football league club? Also why would he want to buy Rovers when his own Rovers could very easily overtake them in the next year or so.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

FGR's new stadium will be near J13 M5.Stroud exit, and yes definitely in Glos ?

4 hours ago, Taz said:

But you can't own more than one football league club? Also why would he want to buy Rovers when his own Rovers could very easily overtake them in the next year or so.

Of course, my mistake.

Perhaps he is just negotiating to buy the memorial ground and letting Rovers have FG's old stadium in return.

If I understand corectly, the Memorial Ground can't be sold until Rovers have a stadium in which to play, so this would solve Wael's problem.

Obviously, pure speculation on my part, but I can't make sense of @bert tann's post if there is no idea of DV purchasing the Memorial Ground.

14 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Of course, my mistake.

Perhaps he is just negotiating to buy the memorial ground and letting Rovers have FG's old stadium in return.

If I understand corectly, the Memorial Ground can't be sold until Rovers have a stadium in which to play, so this would solve Wael's problem.

Obviously, pure speculation on my part, but I can't make sense of @bert tann's post if there is no idea of DV purchasing the Memorial Ground.

Why let them have the old stadium? Wouldnt a ground share at the new stadium next to the motorway make more sense? That would make the stadium more profitable. The Memorial Ground cant be sold unless they have somewhere to go, Vince buys the stadium, Wally gets his money back, Vince then has two stadium sites to sell /develop which will help pay for new stadium, Rovers fans then get the new stadium they have always wanted, without having to pay for it (something else they have always wanted) they will then have hopes of stealing the ground off of FGR which they also like doing and Bristol is rid of them so all in all it seems a perfect solution for all. In fact we could even go one further, they could just merge with FGR.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1