IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

And slagchat is surprisingly mellow about their situation. I think their shiteness is finally starting to sink in to their tiny brains.

One of them saying if they avoided relegation, they should keep hold of him for next season.

Ambition is Critical

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

And slagchat is surprisingly mellow about their situation. 

Of course they are. Deep down I think most of them are perfectly happy to be ‘just one division below City’. That way they can delude themselves that the 2 clubs are in touching distance AND mock us for losing 3-1 at home to Birmingham City, safe in the knowledge that they won’t face the same test in front of the Sky cameras anytime soon. 

They're the only supporters I know who seem to take pride in being shit. I don’t think they wanted to go up, they just want US to go DOWN.

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

Think Gary Johnson won his first couple of games at City then lost the next 8 or 9.

We weren’t 4th in L1 when Gary Johnson took over.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Of course they are. Deep down I think most of them are perfectly happy to be ‘just one division below City’. That way they can delude themselves that the 2 clubs are in touching distance AND mock us for losing 3-1 at home to Birmingham City, safe in the knowledge that they won’t face the same test in front of the Sky cameras anytime soon. 

They're the only supporters I know who seem to take pride in being shit. I don’t think they wanted to go up, they just want US to go DOWN.

We weren’t 4th in L1 when Gary Johnson took over.

Agree, different circumstances regarding GJ taking over us but to be fair their new manager has been through some difficult personal issues, I'm quite happy to see them winless though !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

....but he wasn’t totally winless 

No, LJ wasn’t totally winless - although he performed the amazing feat of taking us from 18th to 17th when he took over  -  wow!  But the Rovers guy went through a personal hell very soon after joining our esteemed neighbours - he couldn’t commit to the job for a while and understandably so - his record doesn’t deserve to include those dark times when he wasn’t at the club ...

• Robin 1

Way I see it, Rovers have effectively appointed Benny.

A man with bright ideas, likely to have strong coaching credentials and a desire to play football the right way. Dare say they will find someone in their squad (in our case, it was Jim Brennan) who will buy in to this and develop really well.

The rest of the squad will resent someone who hasn't been there, seen it or done it, telling them what to do.

On paper a good appointment given where they were in the league, and possibly a cheap option as well, but if the club were serious about promotion, there were probably dozens of candidates who could have maintained the top six position, or at least kept them in the mix.

WELL DONE WALLY!

1 hour ago, Prinny said:

Sad sags Vs Tranmere feels like a huge game.

If they lose to them, then the relegation fight it well and truly on!

If they lose to that useless rabble they should absolutely fire their manager.

Tranmere of course, Ben Dover's doing a great job and long may he reign.

I can’t see them being in any kind of relegation scrap at all this season. They already have too many points clear of woeful teams at the bottom, who only get the bonus of playing Rovers twice..! 

I’d so so far as to predict that if they fail to win another game all season, they still wouldn’t go down. 
Shame, of course. But don’t go getting excited about it this season. 
Next season, hopefully. ?

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I can’t see them being in any kind of relegation scrap at all this season. They already have too many points clear of woeful teams at the bottom, who only get the bonus of playing Rovers twice..! 

I’d so so far as to predict that if they fail to win another game all season, they still wouldn’t go down. 
Shame, of course. But don’t go getting excited about it this season. 
Next season, hopefully. ?

You're probably right although Wimbledon has 17 games to make up 10 points so.....

I note the Methanes play Sunderland twice, Wycombe, Ipswich, Peterborough, Portsmouth, and Oxford.

Nice.

Edited by Natchfever

30 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

You're probably right although Wimbledon has 17 games to make up 10 points so.....

I note the Methanes play Sunderland twice, Wycombe, Ipswich, Peterborough, Portsmouth, and Oxford.

Nice.

Wimbledon aren't in the relegation zone. If gas lose tonight they are still 13 points safe with only 14 games to go. Win and they are 19 points safe. 

Unfortunately I can't see there being a relegation party this season. 

12 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Way I see it, Rovers have effectively appointed Benny.

A man with bright ideas, likely to have strong coaching credentials and a desire to play football the right way. Dare say they will find someone in their squad (in our case, it was Jim Brennan) who will buy in to this and develop really well.

The rest of the squad will resent someone who hasn't been there, seen it or done it, telling them what to do.

On paper a good appointment given where they were in the league, and possibly a cheap option as well, but if the club were serious about promotion, there were probably dozens of candidates who could have maintained the top six position, or at least kept them in the mix.

WELL DONE WALLY!

You mean the bloke from Crossroads?

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, Natchfever said:

Nice.

Yes, but Wimbledon aren’t in the relegation zone. 

6 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

I love the excuses their manager is coming out with for their losses. bad pitches, refs not being strong enough, time wasting from the opposition, obvious penalties not being given, he sounds desperate, no excuse tonight against a very poor Tranmere side that hasn't scored for 5 games 

Isn't the pitch at Prenton Park basically a mid flat with some lines drawn on it?