IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I'd love to hear what these air-heads are saying now

Adam Bushell: Very happy with this!

Tom : Alright let’s get behind him and see where we can go this season. In a great position to push on.

Jamie Stockley : Announce Manse as his assistant.

Sam : Great appointment.

Dan Wright : Welcome to the Gas Ben! It’s a special club. Take care of it.

Damian : Fantastic appointment well done.

Bradley Kitchen : Give him something to play with in January and let's actually push for promotion.

Macey : Welcome to Bristol Rovers Ben, not a bad first managerial job.

Tommy Lawlor : Class appointment and keeping the back room staff on as well is amazing for the squad harmony. Great stuff Gas. Let’s do this. Ben Garner's barmy army.

Daniel Sheppard : Good appointment, hopefully he doesn’t tweak too much.

BlueSideOfTown : Happy with this, Good luck Ben, you’re at a fantastic club and will get the fullest support from us Gasheads.

Lucas Swain : Think this is a cracking appointment by the sounds of things.

Josh Gardiner : Time to take us up lad.

Ian Lewis : You’ve spelt Ian Holloway wrong.

Daniel : Funny way of saying Ian Holloway.

John Hallet : Who.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-fans-saying-same-3673546?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=exchange

39 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Commentator on RB " This stadium makes us grateful to have The Mem"

What a ****** cheek. I'm sure these guys must have a link with the EP, or are die hard fewers.

They just love blowing smoke up the sag's arses, don't they! They would kill for a Prenton Park !

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

That looks good compared to pitches back in the day - first division game Derby v Wolves;

Image result for baseball ground muddy pitch

I remember my dad claiming that, in a cup game at Villa Park in the 50's, that "Shadow" Williams had a gift of a chance to score in the 2nd half, but couldn't lift his foot out of the mud for a tap in! :) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I remember my dad claiming that, in a cup game at Villa Park in the 50's, that "Shadow" Williams had a gift of a chance to score in the 2nd half, but couldn't lift his foot out of the mud for a tap in! :) 

That was JCH's excuse last night

49 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Are there still fines in place for substandard pitches?

That's in cricket ?‍♂️

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Surely Mark Palios, ex FA CEO, now Tranmere chairman, should be putting hand in his pockets to get that travesty of a pitch dug up and relaid?

How quickly can that be done though? It can't be easy to find a space in the fixtures to get it changed.

• Like 1

Gaschat makes for amusing reading today.

There is a split between 'sack the manager' - no win in 15, and 'he is building for the future, give him more time'.

That said, most of them seem to think their game this weekend is crucial.

One thing the 'sack him' brigade haven't done yet, is go full on OTIB mental which seems to accompany this place after ever home game!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

How quickly can that be done though? It can't be easy to find a space in the fixtures to get it changed.

not that simple is it. drainage would have to be sorted first. it hasn't been cold enough to kill grass off like that without being waterlogged underneath. having said that,they have had it a ton worse than us  up north rainwise.  look at the pounding Sheffield took in November.both weds and united must have some serious investment in their pitches to cope with that lot