IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

not that simple is it. drainage would have to be sorted first. it hasn't been cold enough to kill grass off like that without being waterlogged underneath. having said that,they have had it a ton worse than us  up north rainwise.  look at the pounding Sheffield took in November.both weds and united must have some serious investment in their pitches to cope with that lot

Most top stadia, like ours ?, use the deso system, now called grass master, where grass is grown around plastic. It cost AG something like £250k to do but worth every penny, if you got the £££ of course. 

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Plymouth Argyle has awesome away support given their geographical location - never mind the gas, they put us to shame too - proper supporters who travel in huge numbers ... distance doesn’t seem to bother them ... #GreenArmy ...

Not making excuses but they have all of Devon & half of Cornwall supporting them. Must be nearly 2m people there?

56 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Not making excuses but they have all of Devon & half of Cornwall supporting them. Must be nearly 2m people there?

Torquay and Exeter are in Devon. Their away support has always been good, it always has been, can't blame them for wanting to get out of counties that eat their first born.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Bit like Norwich in that respect.

But to flip it over ,when doing poorly............4k crowds, can't have it both ways .

BTW, I would say, all of Cornwall and half of Devon .

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TomF said:

Because they've never had shit pitches, no, never.

haha, first chant you hear is 'sheeeeeeet'ead'..............constant whineging about the referee Wiley.....and only Rovers could take a pen and have the taker end up in the net rather than the ball!

My Gasman source tells me that there's trouble brewing.

Some of Cockmans players, who had got them up to 4th place ain't happy they've been binned off.

Some of Alf Garner's new signings ain't happy that they're not straight into the team.

At least one unused sub at a recent away game refused to go out for the post match fitness session, leading to a massive row with Alf.

:gasmask:

17 hours ago, Galway Red said:

Plymouth away support is fantastic, they have to travel for 2 hours before they even hit Bristol, not as good as Rovers away support though

I went to Salford on Tuesday with a Plymouth supporting mate. Away support was excellent. Fair few Bury fans in the away end too. They proper hate Salford. Didn’t get back to Bristol till 2 so most of the Plymouth fans would have got home around 4am.  Of course nowhere near as good as Gas support but pretty good.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

I think Exeter (and surrounding regions) and Torbay might have something to say about that.

Cornwall is all Argyle though - does make me laugh when they talk of Devon being green and white, would say Devon itself is marginally more Exeter. Certainly true of those I know down this way

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, devoncider said:

I think Exeter (and surrounding regions) and Torbay might have something to say about that.

Cornwall is all Argyle though - does make me laugh when they talk of Devon being green and white, would say Devon itself is marginally more Exeter. Certainly true of those I know down this way

The truth is, most from Exeter don`t regard Plymouth as even being in Devon!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Ain't seen a tide mark like that for yonks.

Ain’t heard that phrase for yonks.Can still picture the wet flannel being smashed into my face as I walked through the back  door,my old dear loved me really.

• Haha 2