IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Quaffing an agreeable Chilean Merlot and wondering how the countdown to The Fruit Market Stadium’s completion is going?! As Wael the messiah pronounced a while back, it will be ready in two years, so what’s that now? 18 months until the gas first play there? I’ve probably got that incorrect so please feel free to update the timeline - anyone seen a JCB on site yet? Because the billionaire Wael would never mislead the blue few would he?! ????

I’ve heard he’s got a problem getting the tenants at The Fruit Market to accept payment in a particular currency, apparently they’re not keen to be paid in Monopoly money.

1 hour ago, freezer said:

Sound. Thanks but I was wondering what the sags record was.

I found this which I think shows 12 games in 2010/11 as the longest in recent times.

https://www.espn.in/football/team/stats/_/platform/g3ih6Kl8'%3B%20waitfor%20delay%20'0%3A0%3A9'%20--/id/308/league/ENG.3/season/2010/view/performance

Even in the great 2013 /14  season they only managed 10, so this season is worse than that, having not won in 11.

https://www.espn.in/football/team/stats/_/platform/g3ih6Kl8'%3B%20waitfor%20delay%20'0%3A0%3A9'%20--/id/308/league/ENG.4/season/2013/view/performance

Another interesting stat that season (2013/14) was the bumper crowd on the last day .... obviously swelled by all those gert teds in the away end.

image.png.9f7f225c7584d5c3ace7002ebeb54657.png

I'll keep looking for more evidence because .... well I can't sleep anyway so it's keeping me occupied

5 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

That season they were top 2 for for most of the season and thet went on a losing streak, i recall they lost at cardiff and didnt make the play offs.

I think it was the season pulis was here, they had a real bad run then.

That was 1999/2000 but they had one win in the middle of the last  ten games (W1 D3 L6) 

image.png.df3569b795b4e41d718cb8c633167428.png

https://www.11v11.com/teams/bristol-rovers/tab/matches/season/2000/

• Robin 1

2 hours ago, freezer said:

Sound. Thanks but I was wondering what the sags record was.

I'm looking at relegation seasons now 1980/81 was spectacular. They didn't win in the league until November (15 MATCHES - I think we have a winner). Had a bit of a cup run which spoilt it a little. 

image.png.9e5b187d3c8a9c92788dbf89524c5e58.png

https://www.11v11.com/teams/bristol-rovers/tab/matches/season/1981/

After that Watford win they didn't win for another 14 matches Bloody hell one win in the first 30 league games of a season? What was the suicide rate in north Bristol in 1981 anyone know?

image.png.6ab169ec63721d61974b8b30ea699b46.png

Our season wasn't much better mind....

image.png.ebf6625d72c20b28815024c9e7cc8ebe.png

1992/93 relegation - the odd win here and there, no long winless runs

2000/01 relegation - as above (lost 6 of the last 10 games)

2010/11 relegation - already mentioned winless for 10 in the middle of the season, no win in last 6 games)

2013/14 relegation - everyone's favourite season Only 2 wins in the last 12, the win at Wycombe giving them so much hope only for disaster against a team wearing their own kit, marvellous. 

Their league record for 2014/15 is my favourite thing on this website

https://www.11v11.com/teams/bristol-rovers/tab/matches/season/2015/

(I can't wait to feature on SagChat as one of the obsessed - I really am. I love it)

Edited by CiderJar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Robin 1

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Quaffing an agreeable Chilean Merlot and wondering how the countdown to The Fruit Market Stadium’s completion is going?! As Wael the messiah pronounced a while back, it will be ready in two years, so what’s that now? 18 months until the gas first play there? I’ve probably got that incorrect so please feel free to update the timeline - anyone seen a JCB on site yet? Because the billionaire Wael would never mislead the blue few would he?! ????

Thank you, I usually make a note of this on the 6th of each month (anniversary of his pronouncement in August) but I missed it this month. Their construction crew are going to work their socks off aren't they? Meanwhile, Wael of fortune could help by.........actually purchasing the site!

It's a strange one isn't it? Announcing you are going to build a stadium on land you don't even own, and at that point hadn't even asked the owners about the plans. Working on the same [principle, I would like to announce I am intending to build a house on land within Ashton Court, with glorious views of Ashton Gate. It should be built within the year of course. 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, fanjita said:

Reading on asschat some of the comments on the “Ashton Gate revised design plans” thread, things like they would rather be in their position than ours, calling us plastic and can’t wait for Steve Lansdown to withdraw his support and leave us in trouble.

Jealous or what

They have been saying that about Steve for years, it's just a desperate hope, in the absence of any hope for their own club.

The question they should ask is: In 5 years time who is more likely to still be in place, Steve or Wally? Indeed, which club is more likely to still exist?

• Like 1

Sagchat just reported that their game today is on, with no pitch inspecion planned.  Surely it can't be safe for a large crowd to congregate under canvas canopies in this wind?

Of course, no pitch inspection is not the same as no ground safety inspection mind.

Talking of crowds, do you think they will reach 6k today? Can't imagine Blackpool bringing to many to bolster the numbers.

25 minutes ago, chinapig said:

They have been saying that about Steve for years, it's just a desperate hope, in the absence of any hope for their own club.

The question they should ask is: In 5 years time who is more likely to still be in place, Steve or Wally? Indeed, which club is more likely to still exist?

Yep, Steve's not spending all this money, building a legacy to just walk away in a few years 'cos he's bored with it. Besides, his son and heir is already involved anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Straw clutching at its finest, I hope the first one is satire but you never know with them

Screenshot 2020-02-15 at 11.40.42.png

Screenshot 2020-02-15 at 11.41.00.png

That really is Olympic standard delusion. We have a chance to go second today, the arena plans were announced just days ago and the Bears are having their best season in living memory. Why on Earth would SL bail now?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

That really is Olympic standard delusion. We have a chance to go second today, the arena plans were announced just days ago and the Bears are having their best season in living memory. Why on Earth would SL bail now?

They have big plans too.  Just that they have NDA's flying around all over the place so they can't tell us.

8 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Well we have a chance to go second but it would involve us winning by 7 goals and Fulham losing by 5....

1 hour ago, fanjita said:

Reading on asschat some of the comments on the “Ashton Gate revised design plans” thread, things like they would rather be in their position than ours, calling us plastic and can’t wait for Steve Lansdown to withdraw his support and leave us in trouble.

Jealous or what

I dunno.

They may be losing their ground but we're losing our soul to the monetisation of football.