IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

47 minutes ago, chinapig said:

They have been saying that about Steve for years, it's just a desperate hope, in the absence of any hope for their own club.

The question they should ask is: In 5 years time who is more likely to still be in place, Steve or Wally? Indeed, which club is more likely to still exist?

What they don’t get is that Lansdown is building an infrastructure and revenue stream to sustain the football, Rugby and basketball by investing in property, hotels and facility that hols conferences, exhibitions, concerts 

Lansdown is focused on Self sustainability of the clubs and therefore the need to invest personally will not be as great 

Revenue into Bristol sport will not only create a substantial income but be fed back into these clubs 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

Yep, here you go

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15917/twentyman

It’s an inane thread to start off with!

Cheers.

I thought Henbury had been quiescent for a while after being exposed and humiliated for his previous pack of lies.

It seems that he has spent the time making up a new story to gain attention.

everybody-look-at-qbujdg.jpg

32 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Straw clutching at its finest, I hope the first one is satire but you never know with them

Screenshot 2020-02-15 at 11.40.42.png

Screenshot 2020-02-15 at 11.41.00.png

On the first point, I believe there isn’t a huge amount of difference in the price of our STs and theirs. 

Regarding the second post...Ignoring the fact that no one goes to the trouble SL has unless they’re in it for the long haul, it’s not as if his son and heir is a lifelong City fan is it...oh wait...

Deluded, straw grasping idiots.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I really don't get the impression that Henbury is a people person.

So Henbury was the only 'witness' to a serious assault at Ashton Gate where a venerable supporter was attacked, but recovered well enough to become a gashead, and now he himself is the victim of a brutal assault where the perpetrator is in fact a SOUTH BRISTOL teacher working with venerable young people.

Coincidence, theme, pattern....?

33 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

Yep, here you go

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15917/twentyman

It’s an inane thread to start off with!

'inane' thread?  ….. It's Gaschat  surely a typo?    all their threads by definition are ' INSANE' ! 

(btw re: 'lastminutewinners' post … 'my old teacher only had to throw a pen at me for him to get the boot')

ffs.. I should think so, what kind of teacher throws Swans around the classroom anyway..?

1_3204152994_87f18dfcc2_o.jpg(oop's I've just added to the online 'insanity' now haven't I ?  … ?)

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, CiderJar said:

2000/01 relegation - as above (lost 6 of the last 10 games)

2010/11 relegation - already mentioned winless for 10 in the middle of the season, no win in last 6 games)

2013/14 relegation - everyone's favourite season Only 2 wins in the last 12, the win at Wycombe giving them so much hope only for disaster against a team wearing their own kit, marvellous. 

Their league record for 2014/15 is my favourite thing on this website

https://www.11v11.com/teams/bristol-rovers/tab/matches/season/2015/

1965/66 season featured a 15 game losing run, that is the longest I can see but haven't checked for runs that cross seasons

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So Henbury was the only 'witness' to a serious assault at Ashton Gate where a venerable supporter was attacked, but recovered well enough to become a gashead, and now he himself is the victim of a brutal assault where the perpetrator is in fact a SOUTH BRISTOL teacher working with venerable young people.

Coincidence, theme, pattern....?

venerable
/ˈvɛn(ə)rəb(ə)l/
adjective

1. accorded a great deal of respect, especially because of age, wisdom, or character.
    "a venerable statesman"

Edited by Roger Red Hat

32 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

'inane' thread?  ….. It's Gaschat  surely a typo?    all their threads by definition are ' INSANE' ! 

(btw re: 'lastminutewinners' post … 'my old teacher only had to throw a pen at me for him to get the boot')

ffs.. I should think so, what kind of teacher throws Swans around the classroom anyway..?

1_3204152994_87f18dfcc2_o.jpg(oop's I've just added to the online 'insanity' now haven't I ?  … ?)

This kind...

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Old 'Henbury 'on his way to work

Screenshot_20200215-131817_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e13bfecc39b65245f66273dc45d9094e.jpg

59 minutes ago, TomF said:

This would have been all over the local press if happened.  Also if he was charged and sentenced it would be online in courts list etc.  

Well... he said the ‘crime’ resulted in a community resolution. This is an informal disposal which stops the matter having to go through court. It is saved solely for the least serious matters. Theres must be an admission from the ‘offender’ and there’s always some form of reparation. 

He says “not to contact for 16 weeks”. Which is more than unlikely. 

I can therefore confirm that Henbury Gas is one of the following:

1. Misinformed. 
2. incorrect. 
3. full of shit. 

I know where my money is. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Well... he said the ‘crime’ resulted in a community resolution. This is an informal disposal which stops the matter having to go through court. It is saved solely for the least serious matters. Theres must be an admission from the ‘offender’ and there’s always some form of reparation. 

1. Misinformed. 
2. incorrect. 
3. full of shit. 

Anybody know how to set up one of those polls?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

1. Misinformed. 
2. incorrect. 
3. full of shit. 

Probably got off lightly due to the fact the judge looked at Henbury and thought... 'if I had to live next to him, I'd be tempted to wallop him as well'.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, RedM said:

Referee Brett Huxtable gets slated on social media every single game by one side if not both, and guess where he is today ?

Can’t believe their games still on tbf. Although I suppose if you play on a vegetable patch anyway a bit of rain won’t make any difference! 

35 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

So, Getting knocked out by someone in the street....

Would that be a) serious or b) not serious?