IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Well... he said the ‘crime’ resulted in a community resolution. This is an informal disposal which stops the matter having to go through court. It is saved solely for the least serious matters. Theres must be an admission from the ‘offender’ and there’s always some form of reparation. 

He says “not to contact for 16 weeks”. Which is more than unlikely. 

I can therefore confirm that Henbury Gas is one of the following:

1. Misinformed. 
2. incorrect. 
3. full of shit. 

I know where my money is. 

In this force we offer a community resolution/ conditional caution for lesser offences that are admitted, part of the disposal can be a punishment for up to 16 weeks, for instance a male was recently conditionally cautioned in relation to a football game and he received a 16 week ban at home games . Nothing to do with courts , if this 16 week ban is breached then the person gets summonsed to court for the original offence. I understand our force are one of only a few who offer this. It therefore could be a possibility. 

we also offer alcohol/ drug/ anger management courses as part of the conditions . 

2 minutes ago, JulieH said:

In this force we offer a community resolution/ conditional caution for lesser offences that are admitted, part of the disposal can be a punishment for up to 16 weeks, for instance a male was recently conditionally cautioned in relation to a football game and he received a 16 week ban at home games . Nothing to do with courts , if this 16 week ban is breached then the person gets summonsed to court for the original offence. I understand our force are one of only a few who offer this. It therefore could be a possibility. 

we also offer alcohol/ drug/ anger management courses as part of the conditions . 

A punishment is not to contact for 16 weeks? Wow, there’s fudging, and then there’s fudging!

4 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

I'd like to support and wish Bristol Rovers every success in their quest to make history today...

DOUBLE 15ners ! … ?

COY15ners. 

Dammit, they won!

Oh well, they still are 'DOUBLE 15ners' though,  it took 'em FIFTEEN GAMES to chalk a win up! 

Edited by WhistleHappy

6 minutes ago, bert tann said:

The  information is freely available and being retweeted though not by @bertchernobyl

But since the lady has asked fans not to get over excited , on reflection, I am repressing my instincts.

Grr any links?

I struggle to get my head round Twitter.

6 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

To me, teams they play against at home do seem quite likely to have players sent off - more regularly than many other clubs, including our own. Are there any stats to support this feeling?

Red cards against whilst playing at home in League One this season:

Portsmouth: 5

The Sags, Wycombe: 4

Gillingham, Peterborough: 3

Accrington, AFC Wimbledon, Fleetwood, Ipswich, Lincoln, Oxford, Rotherham: 2

Bolton, Burton, Shrewsbury, Southend: 1

Blackpool, Coventry, Doncaster, MK Dons, Rochdale, Sunderland, Tranmere: 0

• Thanks 1

OTIB should remember that they are not building their dream - just a scaled down version because they also had their plans thwarted against what would have been fantastic for them in Ashton Vale

Agreed, we can all look forward to "OUR" world class stadium being constructed to the very highest standards ( Not like the lego kit south of the river). the work will start very soon on phase one, the access road & car park !

Edited by Seneca the Younger

1 hour ago, Galway Red said:

You reckon? Don't know the stats but certainly seem to get more penalties than against 

This season Rovers have been given 6 penalties .. 8 other clubs in league one have been awarded the same, or more. And also so far this season Rovers’ opponents have been awarded 9 penalties when playing against the gas. So more pens have gone against them than for them.

Last season Rovers were awarded 7 penalties; compare that with Charlton who were awarded 15 in league one, Accrington 11 and Luton 10 - and 6 other clubs were awarded the same number of pens as the gas. Also last season, Rovers’ opponents were awarded a total of 7 pens - so awarded and conceded totals were the same.

In 2017/2018 Rovers were awarded 4 penalties - 13 other clubs in their division were awarded more than them. And in the same season, Rovers’ opponents were given 13 penalties - so they were awarded 9 less than they conceded ...

It really does pain me to say it, but this thing about them getting loads of pens and more pens than anyone else is just a convenient myth...they have actually had more pens awarded against them over recent times ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...