IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

49 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

This season Rovers have been given 6 penalties .. 8 other clubs in league one have been awarded the same, or more. And also so far this season Rovers’ opponents have been awarded 9 penalties when playing against the gas. So more pens have gone against them than for them.

Last season Rovers were awarded 7 penalties; compare that with Charlton who were awarded 15 in league one, Accrington 11 and Luton 10 - and 6 other clubs were awarded the same number of pens as the gas. Also last season, Rovers’ opponents were awarded a total of 7 pens - so awarded and conceded totals were the same.

In 2017/2018 Rovers were awarded 4 penalties - 13 other clubs in their division were awarded more than them. And in the same season, Rovers’ opponents were given 13 penalties - so they were awarded 9 less than they conceded ...

It really does pain me to say it, but this thing about them getting loads of pens and more pens than anyone else is just a convenient myth...they have actually had more pens awarded against them over recent times ...

Really don't know where you are getting your stats wrong

59 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Hahahahhaa, does anyone remember what the takeover thread was called on their forum? Here's another little gem

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6392/forget-shamesburys

What a great thread ?

Their time is coming don’t you know? 

In your own time lads

D5302721-DC84-46A1-9984-132E12889557.jpeg

• Haha 9
  • Flames 1

11 hours ago, Jim Davey said:

6683 its what they do

Wonder how many of those were Blackpool fans?

Wouldn’t be surprised if the number of Sagheads who bothered to show up yesterday was around the 6k mark.

Remember in their L2 days when they used to say they’d fill the Mem every game if they were in League 1?

Full of shit fickle bunch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if the number of Sagheads who bothered to show up yesterday was around the 6k mark.

Remember in their L2 days when they used to say they’d fill the Mem every game if they were in League 1?

Also worth remembering it's tickets sold, not turnstile clicks.

We have had a number of games at The Gate recently where attendance looked a bit light, but over 20,000 was reported.

2 hours ago, Galway Red said:

Really don't know where you are getting your stats wrong

Eh?! Not sure I understand that - are you saying the figures I’ve quoted are incorrect? I got them from here: 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/topErhalteneElfmeter/wettbewerb/GB3

Apologies if they aren’t correct - what do you think the figures should be? I’ve shown ‘for and against’ for this season and the two previous seasons - what are the correct stats in your opinion then? I’m more than happy to be proved wrong on stats regarding gas penalties...

5 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Hahahahhaa, does anyone remember what the takeover thread was called on their forum? Here's another little gem

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6392/forget-shamesburys

ha ha  some right belters on there, also Newmarket gas needs to get some  proper riding lessons she looks a right state on that horse .

Edited by Jim Davey

I have a dream

I have a dream that one day my descendants, the automatanns, will be gliding along the motorway in a hydrogen fueled driverless module when artificial intelligence will tell them to look northwards. Naturally they won’t be able to do so but an implanted virtual reality regulator will provide the sensation of gazing out towards a spectacular scene shimmering in the distance.

Crystal clear pools of distilled water with brightly coloured amoeba skimming gracefully across the surface.

Fields of rich dark crumbly earth from which all heavy metals and those nasty golden centipedes have been removed and sent to South Bristol

Business Parks full of equal opportunity employers with staff busily refreshing their Facebook and Instagram  pages as they strive to re-engineer Chinese made consumer goods.

Residential units built using timber from sustainable forests and Cotswold stone from South Korea. Homes not just fit for heroes but also for heroines, hermaphrodites, hemorrhoids and everyone in between.

Dwarfing it all a gigantic Sportograd rising unobtrusively skywards and constructed entirely from reconstituted paper cups. It’s crowning glory a smooth curved jagged edged “Football Reactor” dedicated to the philosopher Sir Alf Garner. At the epicentre  a glowing core of smiling happy faces with voices emitting a stirring sound which carries forth on a billowing stream of new clear wind.

” But it’s been no bed of roses,

No pleasure cruise,

The challenge of building a new football stadium,

We always must lose.

Cause we are the Champignons my friends ... “

I have a dream.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, bert tann said:

I have a dream

I have a dream that one day my descendants, the automatanns, will be gliding along the motorway in a hydrogen fueled driverless module when artificial intelligence will tell them to look northwards. Naturally they won’t be able to do so but an implanted virtual reality regulator will provide the sensation of gazing out towards a spectacular scene shimmering in the distance.

Crystal clear pools of distilled water with brightly coloured amoeba skimming gracefully across the surface.

Fields of rich dark crumbly earth from which all heavy metals and those nasty golden centipedes have been removed and sent to South Bristol

Business Parks full of equal opportunity employers with staff busily refreshing their Facebook and Instagram  pages as they strive to re-engineer Chinese made consumer goods.

Residential units built using timber from sustainable forests and Cotswold stone from South Korea. Homes not just fit for heroes but also for heroines, hermaphrodites, hemorrhoids and everyone in between.

Dwarfing it all a gigantic Sportograd rising unobtrusively skywards and constructed entirely from reconstituted paper cups. It’s crowning glory a smooth curved jagged edged “Football Reactor” dedicated to the philosopher Sir Alf Garner. At the epicentre  a glowing core of smiling happy faces with voices emitting a stirring sound which carries forth on a billowing stream of new clear wind.

No pleasure cruise,

We always must lose.

I have a dream.

Well there is mushroom for improvement over at the Mem :laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

I have a dream

No pleasure cruise,

We always must lose.

I have a dream.

So the latest plan is to ground share with Forest Green then.

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So the latest plan is to ground share with Forest Green then.

Only reason could be they're selling the mem to pay the debt. Then with the millions and millions left over finance a brand spanking new stadium in st Phillips.  What else could the plan possibly be ? I mean since joining the blue few Wally has backed them to the hilt at every turn,  really nice bloke as well apparently. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Galway Red said:

They've conceded 9 penalties? Surely that can't be right

You could be correct mate, I used https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk for the stats as a few people on here, such as @Davefevs and @JonDolman have said it’s a good source of info and stats - so apologies if the penalty stats on that site are unreliable ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

10 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Over 300 away fans according to the Blackpool Gazette ...

4 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Only reason could be they're selling the mem to pay the debt. Then with the millions and millions left over finance a brand spanking new stadium in st Phillips.  What else could the plan possibly be ? I mean since joining the blue few Wally has backed them to the hilt at every turn,  really nice bloke as well apparently. 

Has a very exspensive watch apparentley

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Galway Red said:

Can't get into that link mate but I can promise you that they haven't given away 9 penalties this season, they are also 5-1 better off when it comes to sending offs

I have no idea what the stats are and can't be arsed to look them up. However, I'm willing to bet anything you like, that over the years, we have probably had around about the same amount of penalties awarded to us, given against us and the same with red cards as any other team.

No doubt that some teams do get little runs of such things going in their favour, but as conspiracy theories go, it's just a little bit more likely than flat earthers view of the world and a little less likely that the current crop of world leaders are all in it together :)