IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I have no idea what the stats are and can't be arsed to look them up. However, I'm willing to bet anything you like, that over the years, we have probably had around about the same amount of penalties awarded to us, given against us and the same with red cards as any other team.

No doubt that some teams do get little runs of such things going in their favour, but as conspiracy theories go, it's just a little bit more likely than flat earthers view of the world and a little less likely that the current crop of world leaders are all in it together :)

But your little runs of such "such things' has lasted about 15 years, you've had strikers that constantly tumble in the box as if they've been shot dating back to the likes of Roberts and Haldane and your current striker is as bad. 

2 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

You would say that ?

I'm going to suggest that our record in the time period you mention, which includes relegation out of the league, being knocked out of the cup by countless non league sides and never having played you in a league fixture, suggests that there is no perceivable bias toward our club by match officials.

If there is such a bias, then we are in even bigger trouble than I thought.

• Like 1

Okay, I'm going to make a further guess on the Fewers new stadium situation.

They ground share with FGR when they move, it will be billed as a partnership arrangement with the club 'committed' to moving back to Bristol as soon as a suitable site is found. Meanwhile, the Mem gets sold for housing and the club is sold on for a nominal amount with Wally keeping a few percent.

The stadium partnership arrangement will be Rovers paying FGR rent with no commercial benefit.

It's what they do.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'm going to suggest that our record in the time period you mention, which includes relegation out of the league, being knocked out of the cup by countless non league sides and never having played you in a league fixture, suggests that there is no perceivable bias toward our club by match officials.

You are, because match officials can't keep showing this obvious bias, people will start to ask questions ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

They ground share with FGR when they move, it will be billed as a partnership arrangement with the club 'committed' to moving back to Bristol as soon as a suitable site is found. Meanwhile, the Mem gets sold for housing and the club is sold on for a nominal amount with Wally keeping a few percent.

The stadium partnership arrangement will be Rovers paying FGR rent with no commercial benefit.

It's what they do.

Were that to be the case, Rob presumably Dale Vince would contractually impose his vegan belief upon his tenants (I can't believe that he'll allow meat products to be prepared in his food outlets every other week)? Thus the 15ers will need to get used to tofu so I thought I'd  better check for them on the situation regarding product expiry dates. The good news was quickly found "I have used unopened tofu 60 days after expiration" therefore the fewers' present catering standards will need no change.

Edited by Rudolf Hucker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's what they do.

Until they eventually move their fleet of caravans in and steal the ground from under their noses.  Look out FGR.

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Were that to be the case, Rob presumably Dale Vince would contractually impose his vegan belief upon his tenants (I can't believe that he'll allow meat products to be prepared in his food outlets every other week)? Thus the 15ers will need to get used to tofu so I thought I'd  better check for them on the situation regarding product expiry dates. The good news was quickly found "I have used unopened tofu 60 days after expiration" therefore the fewers' present catering standards will need no change.

Dale already thinks they're one of his 'sort' based on the tented commune they like to dwell in.

• Like 1

Found an alternative ground guide earlier and had to share this Barnsley fans review of the swamp. :)

'Gary Bennett, 4th May 2019 - Bristol Rovers v Barnsley

Travel: Having been to Bristol City a few times the route was routine till we got to Bristol. But we followed the satnav and found off street parking easily enough.

Refreshments: We found a local pub on Gloucester Road and kept ourselves to ourselves as the pub was a bit lively with Rovers supporters.

Impressions: I have to be honest and say the ground is barely Football League standard and light years away from Ashton Gate. The away facilities are terrible. What's with all the tents?

Atmosphere: We went one up then went down to ten men and they got a late winner but it didn't really matter as we were back in the Championship anyway.

Exit: We hung around in the same pub and kept quiet! Then an easy drive home.

Enjoy: Bristol is a great city especially around the centre and we wish we could have stayed the weekend as we have done before. But the Rovers ground is abysmal and the area around it doesn't have too much to offer. Luckily we won't be back next season (or any time soon hopefully).'

https://www.tothe92.co.uk/groundguide/bristolrovers.html

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Found an alternative ground guide earlier and had to share this Barnsley fans review of the swamp. :)

Travel: Having been to Bristol City a few times the route was routine till we got to Bristol. But we followed the satnav and found off street parking easily enough.

Refreshments: We found a local pub on Gloucester Road and kept ourselves to ourselves as the pub was a bit lively with Rovers supporters.

Impressions: I have to be honest and say the ground is barely Football League standard and light years away from Ashton Gate. The away facilities are terrible. What's with all the tents?

Atmosphere: We went one up then went down to ten men and they got a late winner but it didn't really matter as we were back in the Championship anyway.

Enjoy: Bristol is a great city especially around the centre and we wish we could have stayed the weekend as we have done before. But the Rovers ground is abysmal and the area around it doesn't have too much to offer. Luckily we won't be back next season (or any time soon hopefully).'

Very likely the Tykes WILL be going back to Chernobyl next season.

Edited by The Gasbuster

7 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

If some saviour doesn’t appear very soon then the end is nigh......

Wally and co haven’t got a clue where to turn with nobody willing to buy them out.

Edited by BCFC11

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Wally and co haven’t got a clue where to turn with nobody willing to buy them out.

They thought they’d found a solution, by listing the club for sale on eBay. 
The one bid they did receive has now been withdrawn, after one disgruntled punter said “I needed a fancy dress costume for my kids party. I offered £12.50 for a Mickey Mouse outfit, and nearly ended up as the owner of Bristol Rovers”..!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Must have been written by a shithead. Every other club`s fans love them to bits and would never say such horrid things.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

I would say that with the remaining equity in the Memorial Ground means that they are fine for another season.

Beyond that the AQs would be putting in money that they will never see back which will mean that a land deal / hobby has turned into a £3m annual drain on their finances.

I know the Lansodwns are down by £25m a year of operating losses (massively reduced last year by player sales) but that is of choice through wanting Bristol City and Bristol Sport to excel.

I can't see the AQs sucking up a £3m hit every year with smiles on their faces.

9 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

You reckon their burgers contain any meat? I very much doubt it given their track record in the catering field.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I agree - why on earth would officials demonstrate a bias towards Bristol Rovers?! It’s not a big enough club and refs and linos certainly wouldn’t be influenced by the ‘cauldron’ like atmosphere at the Mem ? - pens given in favour of the gas is not really a debate worthy to stand aside the ‘away team pens at Old Trafford and Anfield’ debates ...?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Must have been written by a shithead. Every other club`s fans love them to bits and would never say such horrid things.

Some shithead texted TalkSport earlier

They were debating what Pep would experience if Man City fell down the leagues and he stuck with them , as he’s promised

They Promptly read out the text

Pep would be heard mumbling. ‘Is this a circus’    what are all these tents , when he visited Bristol Roves Minimal Ground’

Childish  ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I would say that with the remaining equity in the Memorial Ground means that they are fine for another season.

Beyond that the AQs would be putting in money that they will never see back which will mean that a land deal / hobby has turned into a £3m annual drain on their finances.

I know the Lansodwns are down by £25m a year of operating losses (massively reduced last year by player sales) but that is of choice through wanting Bristol City and Bristol Sport to excel.

I can't see the AQs sucking up a £3m hit every year with smiles on their faces.

I would guess the without a realistic reevaluation of the Mem, the equity has all been taken. Especially with interest payable on the loans. 

@Davefevs might have more of an idea.

They shelled out (if I am correct) cash to buy the club and to pay off the debts they inherited, but secured that payment against the one fixed asset.

I think if your 'classic' case of;

Risk Free Investment (we have the UWE property/stadium deal) + nuisance kid brother + letting him scratch his football itch + no real cash changing hands (it's all secured) = HOW DO WE END THIS NIGHTMARE?

Property deal gone bad or promises made that couldn't be kept?

Either way, I would imagine a fair number of Fewers are starting to doubt the next 12 months.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I would guess the without a realistic reevaluation of the Mem, the equity has all been taken. Especially with interest payable on the loans. 

They shelled out (if I am correct) cash to buy the club and to pay off the debts they inherited, but secured that payment against the one fixed asset.

Risk Free Investment (we have the UWE property/stadium deal) + nuisance kid brother + letting him scratch his football itch + no real cash changing hands (it's all secured) = HOW DO WE END THIS NIGHTMARE?

Either way, I would imagine a fair number of Fewers are starting to doubt the next 12 months.

Interest is notional: they are charging it to one company and crediting it to another.

I agree with the rest of your post but think that they have one more season in which to sell or start losing money.

21 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

No idea....only ever looked at financials in the Championship.

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Whenever I have watched Homes Under the Hammer, they show 99% successful purchases and turn rounds.

The AQs would make a good example of that 1% they show to highlight the potential pitfalls of the property business. 

21 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Genuine point. I wonder how Mr Vince would feel about a world where a footba club's home fans are travelling 20/30 miles to home matches. Doesn't really fit with his view of sustainably and renewables.

21 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Genuine point. I wonder how Mr Vince would feel about a world where a footba club's home fans are travelling 20/30 miles to home matches. Doesn't really fit with his view of sustainably and renewables.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zippycar said:

Isn't some of the debt still owed to the old owners?

It wasn't much and I think it's been paid off by now.

The vast bulk of the debt is to Dwane Sports, registered in Jersey for tax and secrecy reasons, but we don't know Dwane Sports' financial position.

The likeliest source of DS's money IMO is corporate loans from AQ controlled companies so that if they do need to write anything off then they will get a tax credit for it.  That wouldn't happen if it was personally-owned shareholdings or loans.

The charge on the ground is in favour of Dwane Sports so its lending money to BRFC counts as secured lending which comes at a lower rate then unsecured.

Per my previous post I think they have sufficient equity for one more season and then the lending becomes unsecured and they start losing money on top of the original purchase price ?£6m.

It is not a good position in which to be.  Potential buyers can read the finances as well as I can and any such will do the sensible thing and wait for either adminsitration or a sale at rock bottom price which are going to be a matter of time unless they suddenly change tack and start pumping lots of money in for a new stadium and a promotion push to try to sell the club for a premium as a successful Chamionship team.

That would be a very high risk strategy as they don't have the bottomless pockets of the Lansdown family who can budget for an annual £25m loss agaisnt the AQs' £3m.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It wasn't much and I think it's been paid off by now.

The vast bulk of the debt is to Dwane Sports, registered in Jersey for tax and secrecy reasons, but we don't know Dwane Sports' financial position.

The likeliest source of DS's money IMO is corporate loans from AQ controlled companies so that if they do need to write anything off then they will get a tax credit for it.  That wouldn't happen if it was personally-owned shareholdings or loans.

The charge on the ground is in favour of Dwane Sports so its lending money to BRFC counts as secured lending which comes at a lower rate then unsecured.

Per my previous post I think they have sufficient equity for one more season and then the lending becomes unsecured and they start losing money on top of the original purchase price ?£6m.

It is not a good position in which to be.  Potential buyers can read the finances as well as I can and any such will do the sensible thing and wait for either adminsitration or a sale at rock bottom price which are going to be a matter of time unless they suddenly change tack and start pumping lots of money in for a new stadium and a promotion push to try to sell the club for a premium as a successful Chamionship team.

That would be a very high risk strategy as they don't have the bottomless pockets of the Lansdown family who can budget for an annual £25m loss agaisnt the AQs' £3m.

So when can we really start observing the demise? Everything is just numbers for the time being. When do we see the for sale signs go up? 

13 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

So when can we really start observing the demise? Everything is just numbers for the time being. When do we see the for sale signs go up? 

@bert tann keeps dropping hints that there is something brewing, but his posts are so cryptic and obscure I have become convinced he is a question setter on "Only Connect", and that he can introduce me to the rather fruity Victoria Coren-Mitchell :) .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1