IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

32 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

So when can we really start observing the demise? Everything is just numbers for the time being. When do we see the for sale signs go up? 

AFAIK it has been actively marketed for sale for the last couple of years and that's why they are spending £250k on a London office each year.

These private company sales generally are not advertised in the press because that smacks of desperation; instead high net worth individuals are identified and targetted for a "marvellous investment opportunity" which is what Higgs did in finding the AQs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Wonder if there will be an repercussions to this news?

Obituary - Mr Abdul Qader al Qadi

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2020/february/obituary-abdul-qader-al-qadi/

Maybe? I am sure they have many other things on their minds right now.  Hell of a family resemblance there by the way. Condolences to the family.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Wonder if there will be an repercussions to this news?

Obituary - Mr Abdul Qader al Qadi

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2020/february/obituary-abdul-qader-al-qadi/

One for @bert tann there; I don't think any of us know about the true internal dynamics of the family.

Does it mean that Hani has the whip hand and now forces a sale or does Wael inherit a lot and so can keep funding the Rovers?

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

One for @bert tann there; I don't think any of us know about the true internal dynamics of the family.

Does it mean that Hani has the whip hand and now forces a sale or does Wael inherit a lot and so can keep funding the Rovers?

I’m sure speculation will be rife!

33 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Could be bad or good news for Rovers in equal measure.... though wouldn't say that a quickening of practical development's are very likely.. 

I imagine the sad loss the al-qadi figurehead would not particularly alter the greater family dynamic....

Edited by Robert the bruce

xegas
Gas

axegas Avatar

Posting Level

about an hour ago via mobile stuartcampbell likes this
Post Options

Post by axegas on about an hour ago

The “faithful and true” chant just isn’t true is it? We’ve got a fantastic fan base but attendances will always drop off the back of a few bad performances and season ticket sales reduce after a poor season just like any other club in the Football League.

They have a "Faithful and True" chant, i thought it was just a few morons on Slagchat that came out with the faithful and true line but no they have an actual chant. unbelievable.
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, cidercity said:
xegas
Gas

axegas Avatar

Posting Level

Post Options

The “faithful and true” chant just isn’t true is it? We’ve got a fantastic fan base but attendances will always drop off the back of a few bad performances and season ticket sales reduce after a poor season just like any other club in the Football League.

They have a "Faithful and True" chant, i thought it was just a few morons on Slagchat that came out with the faithful and true line but no they have an actual chant. unbelievable.

TBF, it might be true.........for the fifty odd that sing it !

49 minutes ago, cidercity said:
xegas
Gas

axegas Avatar

Posting Level

Post Options

Isn’t the words ‘faithful and true’ included in that shockingly shit ‘anthem’ of theirs?

Its a long time since I’ve heard it up close mind.

56 minutes ago, cidercity said:
xegas
Gas

axegas Avatar

Posting Level

Post Options

They've got a fantastic fan base ? :laughcont:

Where the **** are they all then ?

Waiting for another Wembley appearance ? Oh, hang on, they only had 25k for their last one so it can't be that.

They are 11th in the third division for average attendance - fantastic fan base my arse.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

They've got a fantastic fan base ? :laughcont:

Where the **** are they all then ?

Waiting for another Wembley appearance ? Oh, hang on, they only had 25k for their last one so it can't be that.

They are 11th in the third division for average attendance - fantastic fan base my arse.

From Collins dictionary......

ADJECTIVE

You describe something as fantastic or fantastical when it seems strange and wonderful or unlikely.

They do have a fantastic fanbase then it's official

• Like 1

Good god. 
They really are thick as ****

Midsomer Murderer Avatar
Midsomer Murderer
Club Legend
44 minutes ago

No point in worrying what that lot are doing. We need to concentrate on us - the sh** will soon be the poor relation in this infrastructure redevelopment. The Bears are doing well, basketball is on the up too. All the rest is hotels, houses and a multi use indoor arena - wouldn’t be surprised If SL sold the sh**, after all, they are costing him a fortune and holding him back
  • Haha 16

16 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Good god. 

Midsomer Murderer Avatar
Midsomer Murderer
Club Legend
44 minutes ago

No point in worrying what that lot are doing. We need to concentrate on us - the sh** will soon be the poor relation in this infrastructure redevelopment. The Bears are doing well, basketball is on the up too. All the rest is hotels, houses and a multi use indoor arena - wouldn’t be surprised If SL sold the sh**, after all, they are costing him a fortune and holding him back

So dumb its unreal.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Good god. 

Midsomer Murderer Avatar
Midsomer Murderer
Club Legend
44 minutes ago

I’m no Rugby expert but I’d be surprised if the financial rewards for Bristol Bears reaching the top flight are as high as City reaching the Premier League. As difficult as it is to believe sometimes we really aren’t that far from achieving that judging by the last 3 seasons. We already have the stadium.

Importantly, Steve Lansdown has never struck me as someone who just gives up and walks away from challenges.

Its great to see that there are STILL sagheads out there who think that SL is going to pull the plug. You’d think after 10 years of coming out with the same wishful shit they’d have taken the hint by now.

Obviously not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I’m no Rugby expert but I’d be surprised if the financial rewards for Bristol Bears reaching the top flight are as high as City reaching the Premier League. As difficult as it is to believe sometimes we really aren’t that far from achieving that judging by the last 3 seasons. We already have the stadium.

Importantly, Steve Lansdown has never struck me as someone who just gives up and walks away from challenges.

Its great to see that there are STILL sagheads out there who think that SL is going to pull the plug. You’d think after 10 years of coming out with the same wishful shit they’d have taken the hint by now.

Obviously not.

It is all they have to cling on to. They have wet dreams just thinking about it.

If they stop believing it will happen one day they will begin to see the reality of their own situation and their tiny brains won`t be able to deal with it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cidercity said:
xegas
Gas

axegas Avatar

Posting Level

Q

To be fair, it's probably because it's the only thing that they could find to rhyme with 'blue' 

20 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Obviously not.

they really are a strange club

23 hours ago, cidercity said:
xegas
Gas

axegas Avatar

Posting Level

Post Options

I'm sure that they are faithful. They never shag their mothers behind their sisters' backs.

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

No place like gnome?

No gnome to go to?

Soon to be gnomeless?

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

The results of the 15ers fan survey question "how can we look even more ******* tinpot than usual?" are revealed to a waiting world....

Large

Imagine you`re walking home from the pub having had a fair few and you see that in someone`s front garden......……...…...……......……...

• Haha 1