IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

I notice another fellow League One club is miles ahead of them off the pitch - how's the fruit market going ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-51562457

This bit interests me 

"Mr Neale said supporters wanted the new ground "to be in a central location... within walking distance of transport links and local attractions"." 

I have to go to Peterborough 6-10 times a year with work, I have yet to find a "centre" or any "attractions".

Regarding the fruit market, it was actually 3rd August 2019 that he said this.............

"

Mr Al-Qadi said: "We have identified one site, along with others, we are very interested in. We have options but one of the sites is the site at the fruit market - we are very interested in that site."

In the same interview he confirmed the club are still "hoping" to have the new stadium built within the next two years.

He said: "Two years to go from now that is still hopefully our aim and our target."  

.......So, we approaching the 7 month anniversary of that fateful statement, with no land purchased, no infrastructure mooted by BCC, no movement from the current owners of the site, "hopeful" is not the word I would use.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

This bit interests me 

"Mr Neale said supporters wanted the new ground "to be in a central location... within walking distance of transport links and local attractions"." 

I have to go to Peterborough 6-10 times a year with work, I have yet to find a "centre" or any "attractions".

Regarding the fruit market, it was actually 3rd August 2019 that he said this.............

"

Mr Al-Qadi said: "We have identified one site, along with others, we are very interested in. We have options but one of the sites is the site at the fruit market - we are very interested in that site."

In the same interview he confirmed the club are still "hoping" to have the new stadium built within the next two years.

He said: "Two years to go from now that is still hopefully our aim and our target."  

.......So, we approaching the 7 month anniversary of that fateful statement, with no land purchased, no infrastructure mooted by BCC, no movement from the current owners of the site, "hopeful" is not the word I would use.

tick tock 

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

"

Bullshit would be a better one IMO.

3 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

I notice another fellow League One club is miles ahead of them off the pitch - how's the fruit market going ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-51562457

"The club has reached agreement with the city council to find suitable land for a new ground in time for the 2022-23 season". August  2022 is just thirty months away. The challenge has been set for the gas.

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

This bit interests me 

"

Woefully optimistic?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, myol'man said:

"If we had kept Eastville it would now be an ideal site for a 50,000 all seater stadium"

One of the quotes from Ass Works reminiscing about Eastville ?

Which would, of course, have upheld the tradition of folly building in Bristol!

Edited by adamski
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

This bit interests me 

I don`t know - the cathedral`s quite nice......……….

I can see why they want a new ground close to the centre though, London Road is not far at the moment. I think they`ll end up out of town though - somewhere like Hampton Hargate which is where all the development`s going on at present (or it was a few years ago when I was there last)

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

"If we had kept Eastville it would now be an ideal site for a 50,000 all seater stadium"

Didn't they sell it around 1938 because the directors saw a quick buck for themselves?

Nothing changed then

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Seriously?! And where do they think they are gonna find 50k fans from?! Their average crowds over the last few decades suggests a stadium with a capacity of 8,500 would be sufficient ... ?✌️??

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Seriously?! And where do they think they are gonna find 50k fans from?! Their average crowds over the last few decades suggests a stadium with a capacity of 8,500 would be sufficient ... ?✌️??

Being the favourite second team of every fan in the world, they are hoping to corner the day-tripper market.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Being the favourite second team of every fan in the world, they are hoping to corner the day-tripper market.

I wish they'd make up their minds,  they've been going on and on about the fruit market for ages, now it seems they wanna corner the day-tripper market instead... ffs, I bet they end up with neither!  ?