IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 hours ago, myol'man said:

"If we had kept Eastville it would now be an ideal site for a 50,000 all seater stadium"

One of the quotes from Ass Works reminiscing about Eastville ?

To be fair that is true. I mean, it's all 'If my auntie had a pair of bollocks' stuff and we currently are , ahem, some distance off needing such a stadium, but Eastville really would have been a great site for a large stadium that could have been the envy of many international clubs.  If someone with the cash and vision of Lansdown had been around at the time , Bristol could have been a very different city sporting wise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

To be fair that is true. I mean, it's all 'If my auntie had a pair of bollocks' stuff and we currently are , ahem, some distance off needing such a stadium, but Eastville really would have been a great site for a large stadium that could have been the envy of many international clubs.  If someone with the cash and vision of Lansdown had been around at the time , Bristol could have been a very different city sporting wise.

But where would we have got our Benny bookcases?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

I wish they'd make up their minds,  they've been going on and on about the fruit market for ages, now it seems they wanna corner the day-tripper market instead... ffs, I bet they end up with neither!  ?

Let us not forget that the normal weekly and, indeed, aggregate largest attendance at Eastville was the day-tripper fuelled Eastville Market.....back to their roots! Lots of tents there too if I recall!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adamski said:

Let us not forget that the normal weekly and, indeed, aggregate largest attendance at Eastville was the day-tripper fuelled Eastville Market.....back to their roots! Lots of tents there too if I recall!

People wearing snide gear and people buying snide gear.

3 minutes ago, TMWANG50 said:

Compare this to the Bristol City Council approach to any stadium development confirmation of what we always knew...?

BCC will say they've never refused a stadium application.

What they don't say is that they make it as difficult as possible.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nicki's soulmate said:

Never had an hankie in mine, maybe a tie pin or one of those cloth City badges that we sewed onto the pockets of our crombies or school blazers back in the day

School blazer for the badge,hankie and tie pin for the crombie 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Had a lambretta tie pin inthe pocket of mine ben sherman shirt braces brougues with blakeys and green levi sta press trousers completed the look for me??

Are you sure it was a Ben Sherman and not a Ben Tesco,some lads used to get absolutely ripped for wearing Ben Sherman look alikes.As I grew older I realised how bad they must of felt, just because their parents were a bit skint,funny as **** at the time though.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Are you sure it was a Ben Sherman and not a Ben Tesco,some lads used to get absolutely ripped for wearing Ben Sherman look alikes.As I grew older I realised how bad they must of felt, just because their parents were a bit skint,funny as **** at the time though.

No defo a sherman but do remember the tesco lookalikes thou also remember rodney thomas shop in the arcade for the fairisle sleeveless jumpers

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Similar, although my Sta-Prest were purple (?) and my shirts were Brutus.

Oh, and I also had a 'real' Lambretta, not just a tie pin. 

Sadly couldnt afford a real lambretta many many trips to wsm cheddar  on the back of my mates scooter brutus shirts were good thou got the sta pres from austins trouser house what fantastic times the music the clothes the people and of course the football ????

On 19/02/2020 at 19:36, Midlands Robin said:

The results of the 15ers fan survey question "how can we look even more ******* tinpot than usual?" are revealed to a waiting world....

Large

The two above are "Dopey" Darrell & "Grumpy" Henbury Gas.

Any suggestions for Doc, Bashful, Sneezy, Happy and Sleepy?

Edited by Bazooka Joe

14 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Sadly couldnt afford a real lambretta many many trips to wsm cheddar  on the back of my mates scooter brutus shirts were good thou got the sta pres from austins trouser house what fantastic times the music the clothes the people and of course the football ????

Nor could I really, but I was able to justify it in comparison to the busfares to school coupled with the independence it gave me.

I also remember Rodney Thomas in The Arcade, from one of your earlier posts - a regular Saturday morning trip in to town.

Do you remember those towelling socks - white, then 'progressing' to fluorescent? 

And what about those 'silk handkerchiefs' for our Crombie pockets - a bit of cardboard with some cloth stapled on top ?.

As Mary Hopkins sang....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Nor could I really, but I was able to justify it in comparison to the busfares to school coupled with the independence it gave me.

I also remember Rodney Thomas in The Arcade, from one of your earlier posts - a regular Saturday morning trip in to town.

Do you remember those towelling socks - white, then 'progressing' to fluorescent? 

And what about those 'silk handkerchiefs' for our Crombie pockets - a bit of cardboard with some cloth stapled on top ?.

As Mary Hopkins sang....

Three triangle shapes stapled to a bit of cardboard ????