IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Nor could I really, but I was able to justify it in comparison to the busfares to school coupled with the independence it gave me.

I also remember Rodney Thomas in The Arcade, from one of your earlier posts - a regular Saturday morning trip in to town.

Do you remember those towelling socks - white, then 'progressing' to fluorescent? 

And what about those 'silk handkerchiefs' for our Crombie pockets - a bit of cardboard with some cloth stapled on top ?.

As Mary Hopkins sang....

What, Temma Harbour ?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Can’t wait for the “I spoke to a Sunderland fan after the game and they said we were the best away fans they’d ever had” comments later!

At least the Stadium of light is big enough to accommodate most of them today. Hopefully those that can’t get in are able to find a nice pub to keep warm in, because this wind must be bitter, in the car park up there today. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You’re friends with Robbored..?

Never had the pleasure. My mate works for Eagle Coaches and was not impressed at having this job today

9 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

THE!!! Supporters coach that cant be right ????

He tells me that for a lot of the games this season they only need one supporters coach

7 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Never had the pleasure. My mate works for Eagle Coaches and was not impressed at having this job today

He tells me that for a lot of the games this season they only need one supporters coach

Come off it buster hes obviously liying we all know it must be at least 10 for most games my gas mate down the pub told me ????

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Can’t wait for the “I spoke to a Sunderland fan after the game and they said we were the best away fans they’d ever had” comments later!

Blow jobs all round in Sunderland today between 2 sets of fans who know what it feels like to live in the shadow of much bigger rivals. 

Facebook and Slagchat will be full of “an dey said we were MUCH better dan da SHIT n dEY said dey love r kit n r anfum an dey ******* HATE Da sHiT”

Worms.

On 21/02/2020 at 10:36, NOTBLUE said:

People wearing snide gear and people buying snide gear.

21 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

Are you sure it was a Ben Sherman and not a Ben Tesco,some lads used to get absolutely ripped for wearing Ben Sherman look alikes.As I grew older I realised how bad they must of felt, just because their parents were a bit skint,funny as **** at the time though.

Ken Sherman? I remember seeing some Ralph Lauren shirts down there, looked like Indiana Jones with a whip!!

18 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Nor could I really, but I was able to justify it in comparison to the busfares to school coupled with the independence it gave me.

I also remember Rodney Thomas in The Arcade, from one of your earlier posts - a regular Saturday morning trip in to town.

Do you remember those towelling socks - white, then 'progressing' to fluorescent? 

And what about those 'silk handkerchiefs' for our Crombie pockets - a bit of cardboard with some cloth stapled on top ?.

** As Mary Hopkins sang....

**  Knock Knock Who's There ?   ?

• Haha 1

Sunderland have hated us ever since we rigged the Coventry game to get them relegated.  Most exciting football experience I've ever had and one I will never forget.  Better even than beating the Manure a couple of years back as it gave us another season in the top flight - Something that those dozy sags can still only dream of.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Banjo Island said:

THE!!! Supporters coach that cant be right ????

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15928/sunderland-away?page=6                 

4 hours ago baggins said:

4 hours ago bradfordmeyerbiggs said:

Been in Sunderland since Thursday night. Beer prices are superb. Looking forward to today’s game. Fancy us to bag the points as there are loads of lads up here. The locals have been great, bit of friendly bants, but all good. Reckon they will be surprised by the amount of support we’ll have in the ground today. Impressive.800 tickets sold, apparently. Great away travel support, again.

It’s a great experience all round. We are making a proper weekend of it. Buzzing. We are the envy of a lot of clubs when we travel away in numbers like this

• Haha 10

5 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Sunderland have hated us ever since we rigged the Coventry game to get them relegated.  Most exciting football experience I've ever had and one I will never forget.  Better even than beating the Manure a couple of years back as it gave us another season in the top flight - Something that those dozy sags can still only dream of.

Wasn't Jimmy Hill the actual instigator though, getting the final score of the other crucial relegation game announced on the tannoy before your game had finished?

15 minutes ago, 22A said:

Been in Sunderland since Thursday night. Beer prices are superb. Looking forward to today’s game. Fancy us to bag the points as there are loads of lads up here. The locals have been great, bit of friendly bants, but all good. Reckon they will be surprised by the amount of support we’ll have in the ground today. Impressive.800 tickets sold, apparently. Great away travel support, again.

It’s a great experience all round. We are making a proper weekend of it. Buzzing. We are the envy of a lot of clubs when we travel away in numbers like this

Certainly Crawley and Accrington !

Thought he looked a decent player. Too good for Bristol rovers. He was very frustrated today, rightly so playing in a team like that.

Are you lads on crack? He was absolutely ******* woeful today. Didn't even look like a footballer!
Edited by Seneca the Younger

58 minutes ago, 22A said:

4 hours ago bradfordmeyerbiggsunt  Impressive.800 tickets sold, apparently. Great away travel support, again.

Sometimes credit has to be given where it’s due

31,000 plus lovers of the Gas at the Stadium of Light today.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, 22A said:

id be interested to know what clubs they think actually envy them ,cant be any football league clubs ******* bunch of weirdos if you ask me .

22 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Sunderland have hated us ever since we rigged the Coventry game to get them relegated. 

This idea does annoy me bit, we had no hand in it. Cov May have suggested to delay KO as somewhere upwards of 15k were travelling from Bristol, we just got in for kick off havin got the later batch of coaches from the Gate. The Ref would have had to agree anyway, very handy for us, though nothing too untoward apart from actually putting the score up on the score board, which was nice. ?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

This idea does annoy me bit, we had no hand in it. Cov May have suggested to delay KO as somewhere upwards of 15k were travelling from Bristol, we just got in for kick off havin got the later batch of coaches from the Gate. The Ref would have had to agree anyway, very handy for us, though nothing too untoward apart from actually putting the score up on the score board, which was nice. ?

A bit worrying though when we were all celebrating that they put up 'score correction' on the scoreboard and for a few seconds our hearts were in our mouths.  Do you remember that?

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

A bit worrying though when we were all celebrating that they put up 'score correction' on the scoreboard and for a few seconds our hearts were in our mouths.  Do you remember that?

We were in the scoreboard end and didn’t see anything go up, it wasn’t until the word spread we actually knew Sun’land had lost. Scenes, as they say.

18 hours ago, 22A said:

Reckon they will be surprised by the amount of support we’ll have in the ground today. Impressive.800 tickets sold, apparently. Great away travel support, again.

984 Sags there yesterday.

600 down on what they took last year. Funny how their away support suddenly drops when it’s a ground they’ve been to before isn’t it? 

They’re currently averaging just over 700 for away games this year. Absolutely NO ONE envy’s their very mediocre, unremarkable away support especially as they’ve only taken over 1k away twice this season and under 500 6 times (not including the 100 or so that travelled all the way to Plymouth in the Cup).

Its nice that even after a woeful performance for us yesterday you can rely on deluded belters like these two to make you laugh.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Thanks 1

On 22/02/2020 at 12:14, wendyredredrobin said:

From what I've read they blamed and still despise Coventry.  We just happened to go along with their fiendish plan.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

984 Sags there yesterday.

600 down on what they took last year. Funny how their away support suddenly drops when it’s a ground they’ve been to before isn’t it? 

They’re currently averaging just over 700 for away games this year. Absolutely NO ONE envy’s their very mediocre, unremarkable away support especially as they’ve only taken over 1k away twice this season and under 500 6 times (not including the 100 or so that travelled all the way to Plymouth in the Cup).

Its nice that even after a woeful performance for us yesterday you can rely on deluded belters like these two to make you laugh.

And they have an added incentive to travel over most league clubs... Every away visit it to a better stadium. Every one. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3